Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Is there anyone worth....

Moving up into the top 5-10 this year? The last few years we've seen Miami, Washington and Atlanta all make moves into the earliest part of the draft for a major need or perceived difference maker. Aside from Clowney (who some may even question because of his perceived work ethic and character concerns) is there anyone you all see as worth the move for?

I ask because the thought has come up in our forum, the player in question being Watkins as WR could become a major need for us this off-season. Atlanta gave up two 1sts, a 2nd and two 4ths across two years to move from 27th to 6th (which is a close situation to what our move would be for Watkins).

49ERS PSD 7 Round Mock Results
    1st Round:Kelvin Benjamin WR FSU
    2nd Round:Trent Murphy OLB Stanford
    2nd Round:Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss
    3rd Round:Keith McGill CB Utah

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35:27720134
    Moving up into the top 5-10 this year? The last few years we've seen Miami, Washington and Atlanta all make moves into the earliest part of the draft for a major need or perceived difference maker. Aside from Clowney (who some may even question because of his perceived work ethic and character concerns) is there anyone you all see as worth the move for?

I ask because the thought has come up in our forum, the player in question being Watkins as WR could become a major need for us this off-season. Atlanta gave up two 1sts, a 2nd and two 4ths across two years to move from 27th to 6th (which is a close situation to what our move would be for Watkins).
    Barr, and some potential qbs

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    I see potential, but are those guys worth an RG3/Julio level haul of two 1sts plus to get? I'm not really sure I see that out of anybody. The need is there, I just don't know if the players warrant the move (then again the need can outweigh that too I suppose).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35:27720950
    I see potential, but are those guys worth an RG3/Julio level haul of two 1sts plus to get? I'm not really sure I see that out of anybody. The need is there, I just don't know if the players warrant the move (then again the need can outweigh that too I suppose).
    Barr probably worth it. I mean if a team thinks they are a franchise quarterback away they might.

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    if i were 49ers who i think need huge WR help and also CB if i believe. please correct me if i am wrong though

i think they can sit at their pick in late 20's and get a very good wr or cb.

also- did tank carradine play at all this year or did they leave him on PUP/IR to fully recover for next year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Gabbert is actually 24 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Yeah, in human years. In Gabbert years he's still 22.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post

Barr and Clowney will both probably be there at 5. Reggie of the Raiders likes to wheel and deal. May see a team try to trade up for a guy like them at. Maybe even see a team shoot way up to grab them. Watkins and a guy like Evans will both go in top 15. You could probably trade from late twenties to low 10s and probably cost less then it cost to move up for Jones. Not 100% sure though.
    Member of the Mack/Donald Crew

The David Fales QB Crew-HunterNRoss and krsonekth

vCash
    if houston passes on Teddy Bridgewater and we trade up to number 2 for him, i'll jizz myself

vCash
    Comes down to if a team falls in love with a QB and want to move up and grab him if they believe another team might take him. I can see a team jumping ahead of Jacksonville to make sure they get a QB.

Manziel is a good honest kid with the best arm in the draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Moving up into the top 5-10 this year? The last few years we've seen Miami, Washington and Atlanta all make moves into the earliest part of the draft for a major need or perceived difference maker...
    There's lots of guys worth moving up for - depending on price. There's also situations like the Vikings are in, where there mostly likely best draft move is to trade down, and it all depends on what you give up/get in return for changing position.

vCash
    God i hate when people say the vikings need to trade down. No! We need to ****ing trade up and get a damn qb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KW93KB24:27724852
    God i hate when people say the vikings need to trade down. No! We need to ****ing trade up and get a damn qb.
    Carr or trade down

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    I see a huge bidding war developing for the Rams #2 pick between teams wanting Clowney and teams wanting the franchise QB. I LOVE it!
    Last edited by Knuckles; 01-03-2014 at 03:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags4Life View Post
    if i were 49ers who i think need huge WR help and also CB if i believe. please correct me if i am wrong though

i think they can sit at their pick in late 20's and get a very good wr or cb.

also- did tank carradine play at all this year or did they leave him on PUP/IR to fully recover for next year?
    He came off the PUP for a few weeks but was inactive, was then put on IR because the staff felt it was best for his knee. I think it was a combo of health but also giving him more study time to adapt to our defensive system.

vCash
    Carr or trade down
    Lol good one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KW93KB24:27725490
    Carr or trade down
    Lol good one.
    which 1 would u rather

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust