Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Saints at Eagles Wild Card Weekend @ Lincoln Financial Field

NFL WILD CARD WEEKEND

Preliminary weather forecast: New Orleans at Philadelphia, 8:30 p.m. Jan. 4

Failing to win the NFC South sent the New Orleans Saints on the road to the frigid north for a first-round NFL playoff game against the red-hot Eagles.

The Saints, who have never faired well in winter climates, will face a game-time temperature in the lower 20s in the City of Brotherly Love.

No precipitation is expected, however. Retrieved from: shorenewstoday

Saints @ Eagles Madden 25 Game Sim

vCash
    Pierre Thomas may be out Saturday ****!
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Saints lose when PT can't play the whole game. Hope Ingram steps up.

vCash
    I've been an Ingram advocate since he came into the league. If he's ever going to get a shot to step up and prove himself, this is it. We need to keep the ball away from the Eagles offense and specifically Shady. If they control the clock, the Saints are going to lose, especially if we come out with a slow start like we usually do on the road.

vCash
    If PT cant go I expect to see Robinson play a lot.

vCash
    That was the dumbest simulation I have ever seen.

What did you do? Play for the Saints and put the game in "novice" mode? You suck! I thought it was a really cool idea but I thought you would let the computer play the game for both sides.

Lame.

vCash
    Here are the facts:

We need to look at these two ways, 1st we can look at what the two teams did over the course of the year vs who they have played against. Then we need to see what has transpired over the last half of the season. I don’t do this merely to show what Foles has done but because most analysts will agree that the hot teams win… not necessarily who has played the best all season. So with that in mind, I have looked at both yearly and last half stats and here is what they say… trying to hold my bias toward the Eagles aside as much as possible.

Ok I am using “pts against” and “pts for” as my offense and defense ratings. I couldn’t care less about yards.

DEFENSE:
    NO has faced, on avg, 17th ranked offenses (accumulatively)
    PHI has faced, on avg, 15th ranked offenses (accumulatively)

This is negligible in my opinion so it is safe to say that over the course of the season these two teams have faced relatively similar offenses (scoring wise anyways).

Against these offenses:
    NO ranks 4th
    PHI ranks 17th

Remember though that is the entire season. When looking at just the past 8 games for both teams (which btw both teams had exactly 4 home and 4 away games) then the numbers look a little different.

NO has faced, on avg the 16th ranked Offense
    PHI has face, on avg the 13th ranked Offense

Not too much of a difference again.

NO gave up, on avg, 16.8 ppg at Home and 22.8 ppg when away for a total of 19.8 ppg.
    PHI gave up, on avg, 17.0 ppg at Home and 25.8 ppg when away for a total of 21.4 ppg.

Now considering that PHI faced slightly better offenses should account for why NO gave up slightly less pts.

I call the defenses a draw… disagree if you like but you better back it up with more than "Brees is awesome"…which btw HE IS!!!!

ON TO….
    OFFENSE:
    NO has faced, on avg the 15th ranked Defense.
    PHI has faced, on avg the 22nd ranked Defense.

Edge is going to NO here… who has face marginally better defenses. The difference between a 15th ranked defense and a 22nd ranked defense is about 1.4 ppg. So while it is better I would consider that to be only marginally better. Disagree if you like…

Against the defenses
    NO ranks 10th in ppg
    PHI ranks 4th in ppg.
    The difference being that PHI scored about 1.7 ppg more than NO.

But over the last 8 games
    NO has faced, on avg, the 12th ranked defense
    PHI has face, on avg, the 24th ranked defense.

Clearly NO has faced better competition over the last 8 games.

NO scored, on avg, 36.3 ppg at Home and 13.3 away for a total of 24.8ppg.
    PHI scored, on avg, 34 ppg at Home and 32.5 away for a total of 33.3 ppg.

Clearly Philly scores more but clearly Philly has placed lesser talent as well. NO played against defenses that gave up 4.8 pts less per game than Philly faced. But Philly scored 8.5 more per game than NO did as well. I would like to say Philly wins this side and the number “kinda” point to it but I can’t say either one of these teams has had a better offense over the last 8 games.

So the only other thing we can look at is the Home and Away totals… I am not sure what else you could look at to determine the outcome of this game. So here it is.

Over the last 8 games:
    Philly is scoring 34 ppg at home
    NO is scoring 13.3 ppg the road
    Philly is giving up 17 ppg at home
    No is giving up 22.8 ppg on the road

Philly has played against the 21st ranked defenses during those 4 home games
    NO has played against the 13th ranked defense during those 4 road games.
    Philly has played against the 14th ranked offense during those 4 home games.
    NO has played against the 17th ranked offense during those 4 road games.

This game is really up in the air but while NO has faced considerably tougher defenses, the margin of victory, points wise, favors the Eagles. In essence, Philly has played lesser defenses but they have beaten them with a better margin of victory than NO has either won or lost.

I call this game for Philly… but not by much. And I am not exactly confident in that pick.
    To finalize my opinion….
    I AIN’T PUTTING MONEY ON THIS GAME!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK:27724007
    That was the dumbest simulation I have ever seen.

What did you do? Play for the Saints and put the game in "novice" mode? You suck! I thought it was a really cool idea but I thought you would let the computer play the game for both sides.

Lame.
    I didnt run it personally its from a youtube channel, but it is a simulation nonetheless. Is it a bit farfetched.........I mean when Brees, Coach SP, and the Saints O get hot things do look that way.

Saints have been known to light up the scoreboards when they are hot!!!
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK:27724013
    Here are the facts:

We need to look at these two ways, 1st we can look at what the two teams did over the course of the year vs who they have played against. Then we need to see what has transpired over the last half of the season. I don’t do this merely to show what Foles has done but because most analysts will agree that the hot teams win… not necessarily who has played the best all season. So with that in mind, I have looked at both yearly and last half stats and here is what they say… trying to hold my bias toward the Eagles aside as much as possible.

Ok I am using “pts against” and “pts for” as my offense and defense ratings. I couldn’t care less about yards.

DEFENSE:

This is negligible in my opinion so it is safe to say that over the course of the season these two teams have faced relatively similar offenses (scoring wise anyways).

Against these offenses:
    NO ranks 4th
    PHI ranks 17th

Remember though that is the entire season. When looking at just the past 8 games for both teams (which btw both teams had exactly 4 home and 4 away games) then the numbers look a little different.

NO gave up, on avg, 16.8 ppg at Home and 22.8 ppg when away for a total of 19.8 ppg.
    PHI gave up, on avg, 17.0 ppg at Home and 25.8 ppg when away for a total of 21.4 ppg.

Now considering that PHI faced slightly better offenses should account for why NO gave up slightly less pts.

I call the defenses a draw… disagree if you like but you better back it up with more than "Brees is awesome"…which btw HE IS!!!!

ON TO….
    OFFENSE:

Edge is going to NO here… who has face marginally better defenses. The difference between a 15th ranked defense and a 22nd ranked defense is about 1.4 ppg. So while it is better I would consider that to be only marginally better. Disagree if you like…

Against the defenses
    NO ranks 10th in ppg
    PHI ranks 4th in ppg.

Clearly Philly scores more but clearly Philly has placed lesser talent as well. NO played against defenses that gave up 4.8 pts less per game than Philly faced. But Philly scored 8.5 more per game than NO did as well. I would like to say Philly wins this side and the number “kinda” point to it but I can’t say either one of these teams has had a better offense over the last 8 games.

So the only other thing we can look at is the Home and Away totals… I am not sure what else you could look at to determine the outcome of this game. So here it is.

Over the last 8 games:

This game is really up in the air but while NO has faced considerably tougher defenses, the margin of victory, points wise, favors the Eagles. In essence, Philly has played lesser defenses but they have beaten them with a better margin of victory than NO has either won or lost.

I call this game for Philly… but not by much. And I am not exactly confident in that pick.
    To finalize my opinion….
    A nice breakdown but its playoff football pressure burst pipes or can make diamonds. Brees has been there. Coach SP been there. Harper, Colston, Jahri Evans etc all have been here before they know what it takes.

This is a first experience even for your Head Coach this is definitely chess now no more regular season checkers. Foles will he fold under the playoff pressure we will see what he is made of.

I like stats too. But this is playoffs now it all resets to 0 most times. However, I will remind you of a stat the number 10. Eagles lost at HOME 10 games straight until just recently squeaking by the Redskins at home. Home field advantage? I think not!
    Last edited by Underdogz∞; 01-03-2014 at 07:10 AM.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    A nice breakdown but its playoff football pressure burst pipes or can make diamonds. Brees has been there. Coach SP been there. Harper, Colston, Jahri Evans etc all have been here before they know what it takes.

This is a first experience even for your Head Coach this is definitely chess now no more regular season checkers. Foles will he fold under the playoff pressure we will see what he is made of.

I like stats too. But this is playoffs now it all resets to 0 most times. However, I will remind you of a stat the number 10. Eagles lost at HOME 10 games straight until just recently squeaking by the Redskins at home. Home field advantage? I think not!

No doubt this is all new to the this Eagles group and that is what I am most worried about. That is the unknown and probably the biggest advantage I would give the Saints. But I "sort of kind of" disagree about the homefield advantage. While we may not have a streak going at home... you guys still suck on the road.
    3-5... you know the line... and you also know you barely beat a couple of bad teams on the road. Granted you faced some good defenses on the road...but good teams win against good teams... you didn't win against a team with an above .500 record on the road.

I honestly thought, prior to looking at the numbers, that the Eagles would blow past you guys and was really hoping to get you in the 1st round. I still think you are our best shot to continue... would have hated to play AZ(if they had made it) or San Fran in the 1st round. Either I doubt either one of our teams is getting much further than the divisional round.

vCash
    oh yeah btw i thought you might like this memory....

http://youtu.be/HwiMtGsFHwA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK:27724175
    oh yeah btw i thought you might like this memory....

http://youtu.be/HwiMtGsFHwA
    That didnt hurt
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Here are the facts:

DEFENSE:

Against these offenses:
    NO ranks 4th
    PHI ranks 17th

ON TO….
    OFFENSE:

Against the defenses
    NO ranks 10th in ppg
    PHI ranks 4th in ppg.

Over the last 8 games:

To finalize my opinion….
    Nice job, very well put together and researched. I'm impressed. This game can go either way, and it will go whatever way it goes very quickly. I think after the first quarter we're gonna know. Either the Saints come out fast and dominate (which they are very capable of), or the Eagles will do the same thing (which is just as likely). And when that happens, the Saints will attack the poor pass defense blah blah blah or the Eagles offense will run all over us and kill Roman Harper. But I could see this being a blow out in favor of either team depending on who starts faster. If both teams come out fast and its a shootout, I actually think that favors Philly just because Roman Harper is worth at least 1 blown coverage TD.
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK:27724172
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post

No doubt this is all new to the this Eagles group and that is what I am most worried about. That is the unknown and probably the biggest advantage I would give the Saints. But I "sort of kind of" disagree about the homefield advantage. While we may not have a streak going at home... you guys still suck on the road.
    3-5... you know the line... and you also know you barely beat a couple of bad teams on the road. Granted you faced some good defenses on the road...but good teams win against good teams... you didn't win against a team with an above .500 record on the road.

I honestly thought, prior to looking at the numbers, that the Eagles would blow past you guys and was really hoping to get you in the 1st round. I still think you are our best shot to continue... would have hated to play AZ(if they had made it) or San Fran in the 1st round. Either I doubt either one of our teams is getting much further than the divisional round.
    The road record is overblown as two losses came against top 3 defenses with good running games (Seattle and Carolina). For some reason the Rams have the Saints' number, and a lot of us were worried about that game. They're still the 15th ranked defense. The Jets were ranked 11th, and Ivory played like a man possessed. The Saints played well in New England, but lost to a Hall of Famer.

The bad losses were to Seattle and to the Rams. The Saints always throw out a clunker, so that's the Rams loss. They just beat in Seattle against a great team. The Saints were in the games against the Patriots and Panthers, but lost late. I'd like their chances in a rematch.

One thing you missed was strength of schedule. Of all the NFC playoff teams, the Saints played the hardest schedule, and Philly played the easiest. I don't know how much Philly has been tested.

vCash
    Yeah lol NO fans know how bad our safety play is. It's the reason we drafted Vaccaro. This is honestly a completely different defense without Kenny Vaccaro in there. Not making up any excuses but Harper and Jenkins are literally two of the worst safeties in football over the last 2 years. Either way, lets get it tomorrow night boys!

Who DAATTTT

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast