Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Game 32 (1-2-14): Sixers (10-21) @ Kings (10-20)

@

Philadelphia 76ers - Sacramento Kings

Date: January 2nd, 2014
    Time: 10:00 PM EST
    Broadcast: CSN (TV), 97.5 FM (Radio)

Points per Game Assists per Game Rebounds per Game
    Sixers Turner 19.5 MCW 7.5 Hawes 8.9
    Kings Cousins 22.7 Thomas 7.3 Cousins 11.3

With arguably their two most impressive wins of the season in a span of five days, the Sacramento Kings are entering a long homestand with some momentum.

Meanwhile, the Philadelphia 76ers hope to continue their recent road success after struggling mightily away from home.

Sacramento seeks just its second win in 11 meetings as it hosts Philadelphia on Thursday night.

The Kings (10-20) knocked off Miami, 108-103 in overtime on Friday, then followed an eight-point loss at San Antonio with a 110-106 victory in Houston on New Year's Eve.

Rudy Gay scored 25 points against the Rockets and is shooting 48.1 percent in 10 games since being acquired from Toronto. He hit just 38.8 percent of his shots in 18 games for the Raptors. Gay is 7 of 13 from 3-point range over his last three games versus Philadelphia.

DeMarcus Cousins had 17 points and 16 rebounds, improving his rebounding average to 13.3 per game through his last 10 contests. Four of his points came in the final 1:32, when he also supplied a crucial steal.

"DeMarcus has proven and shown many times that he's willing to give up his body in key situations," coach Michael Malone said. "To see him do that, to be in the right spot to give his body up and give us an extra possession is big-time. He had a great game."

Cousins has underwhelmed in five games versus Philadelphia, however, averaging 13.6 points while shooting 40.3 percentage from the field.

Sacramento is beginning a season long-matching five-game homestand after playing six of eight on the road. A victory over the 76ers would be only their second in the series since Dec. 28, 2007. Philadelphia's last nine wins against the Kings have come by an average of 16.9 points.

The 76ers (10-21) are coming off back-to-back road wins after losing their previous 13 there. They posted a 114-102 victory in Denver on Wednesday with seven different players reaching double figures, scoring 44 points in the second quarter en route to a season-high 68 in the first half.

"We're beginning to show some signs of what Coach is trying to instill in us," said Thaddeus Young, who scored 17.

With a 114-104 result over the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday, Philadelphia's consecutive wins are also the team's first since beginning the season 3-0.

"Really want to hop on the wagon and keep this going," said Evan Turner, who scored 23 points. He had 22 against the Lakers after sitting out a game with a sore left ankle, though he's averaging just 8.8 points in five games against Sacramento.

"We're reaping the benefits of our hard work."

For the Kings, Isaiah Thomas extended his streak of consecutive games with a 3-pointer to 24, the fourth-longest in franchise history. Thomas is averaging 24.5 points in his last two games versus Philadelphia while going 4 of 10 from beyond the arc.
    Injury Report:

Philadelphia:
    Arnett Moultrie, F: Out (ankle)
    Jason Richardson, G: Out (knee)
    Nerlens Noel, C: Out (knee)

Sacramento:
    Carl Landry, F: Out (hip)

vCash
    This one is always a sad match up for me.

2012 allstar

vCash
    I'm having a how the hell did we score 61 at half moment.

Almost everyone has their hand in the scoring jar.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Well on our way to winning #3 in a row... Not good guys. Not good.

vCash
    I see Thaddeus Young is again proving what a wasted, overpaid piece of S-H-I-T- he is. ( LOL )

vCash
    I'm getting frustrated! Lol. 3 in a row!?!?!? Y?

vCash
    woooooo three wins...lets beat portland and lose the next 17 please
    Thanks fanofphilly

vCash
    Just great..at least Pelicans missing playoffs ATM

vCash
    Gotta give credit where credit is due to Thad though. He's on a tear right now. Or call it a mini-tear if you prefer.

His last 6 games: 25/6, 30/10, 30/10, 25/9, 17/10, and 28/9. We went 4-2 in those games. It's more than just inflated stats on a terrible team. Those are pretty elite numbers for this small stretch. Hopefully he's playing up his trade value enough before he comes back down to reality.

vCash
    Yeah, love some Thad, just would love it more if we were losing. He's the #1 guy, by a long way, that I'd most like to be able to keep on the team if I knew we were going to win a championship, but it just seems like he might be too good to let us get the talent we need to get there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    Yeah, love some Thad, just would love it more if we were losing. He's the #1 guy, by a long way, that I'd most like to be able to keep on the team if I knew we were going to win a championship, but it just seems like he might be too good to let us get the talent we need to get there.
    I agree. If we end up keeping one of the three vets for the long term, I hope it's Thad, and it's not even close.

However, I'd still much rather trade him away this season than not. His contract, skill level, and role with the team is just not a match for us right now. It's doing us more harm than good. For the sake of the rebuild, he's got to go.