Place: Pepsi Center
- Avalanche are just 12-10-4 after starting the season 12-1-0; they are 4-4-2 in their last 10 games.
- Avalanche are coming off of a 5-3 win vs. CBJ on New Year's Eve.
- Avalanche are 11-6-2 at home this season.
- Flyers come in having won their last 4 games.
- Giroux and Simmonds had their respective point streaks snapped last game; however, Hartnell is currently working on a 5 game point streak.
- Matt Read left last game with an UBI but is expected to play tonight.
- Flyers are winless in their last 5 games in Denver; they are 4-4-4 against the Avalanche in their last 12 games.