Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 77
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    955
    vCash
    1500

    Why is evan and thad still here ?

    Okay, so im a lil frustrated about these back to back wins ( don't think i ever said that before btw lol ) .... why are these guys still here helping us win games ? . we don't need back to back wins ... unless im wrong but I thought we were after Parker wiggins etc ?
    Eagles Did Win a Championship, it just was not the Superbowl , we beat Lombardi's Packers

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancaster, Pa
    Posts
    13,063
    vCash
    3425
    Because the market hasn't developed yet. That's the short answer.
    #BanMiltstar


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,342
    vCash
    1500
    You don't trade players because they help you win. You trade them because they don't fit the teams direction and you get assets which are more promising for the future.

    If a trade which fits those needs comes along, one or more of Thad, ET and Hawes will be dealt.

    As far as losses, there will be plenty of those to come.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,879
    vCash
    1500
    lol.....I understand your frustration
    Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,669
    vCash
    1500
    I'm finding myself more and more in favor of trading these guys earlier than later, even if it only means getting fifty cents on the dollar. And what is the "dollar" value anyways? We have no idea if we'll be able to get a first round pick for any of these players at the deadline. It just seems like an arbitrary value we've made up in our heads, and we're telling ourselves to hold out on trading them until we can get exactly that. What other "assets" are we going to get? Is someone going to give up a cheap, young, high potential player for half a season of Evan Turner or Spencer Hawes? Absolutely not.

    The upcoming draft is as important to our team's rebuild as this past one, if not even more so. Trading away the vets now, and piling up the losses to get us in the best position possible for the lottery, is as important of an asset in itself as anything we'd get from a Spencer Hawes trade at maximum value.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,348
    vCash
    1500
    t
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    I'm finding myself more and more in favor of trading these guys earlier than later, even if it only means getting fifty cents on the dollar. And what is the "dollar" value anyways? We have no idea if we'll be able to get a first round pick for any of these players at the deadline. It just seems like an arbitrary value we've made up in our heads, and we're telling ourselves to hold out on trading them until we can get exactly that. What other "assets" are we going to get? Is someone going to give up a cheap, young, high potential player for half a season of Evan Turner or Spencer Hawes? Absolutely not.

    The upcoming draft is as important to our team's rebuild as this past one, if not even more so. Trading away the vets now, and piling up the losses to get us in the best position possible for the lottery, is as important of an asset in itself as anything we'd get from a Spencer Hawes trade at maximum value.




    Sorry I disagree. I mean we struck Gold with MCW, a player who is already in the top-15 of NBA Jerseies sold. Think about that...30 NBA teams...countless players and MCW already has the popularity and marketability in the league and it's fans. That means he might carry the type of Iverson-like popularity to possibly draw some of the better NBA Vets as free agents as his game grows. Now I am NOT saying we shouldn't look at trades for Turner or Hawes or even Thad. But it does NOT help us to out and out throw these guys away for 50 cents on the dollar. Thad as I have said brings a ton of Value, and YES...I do belive he is a more then capable SF.


    But, if we can deal him for LEGIT Value.....especially if Moultrie ahows his skills that he has as a PF/C, and with Noel coming back, Thad MIGHT be expendable. Thad is IN the league, and has SHOWN he can do it. But, even I would have to admit that as it goes to SF POTENTIAL, and upside, that both Wiggins and Parker would be a better option for us. So if we can get one of those, then Thad is expendable. But if we draft say at 4 to 6 area...then Thad is NOT Expendable. And as it goes to SG....I think Turner is okay, but on our team we need a player who is better at playing without the ball, and in the Catch & shoot areas of the game.


    But we already are gonna have a massive roster turnover next year....but the measure of our success will be more because of what the team does in Free agency then in the draft.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancaster, Pa
    Posts
    13,063
    vCash
    3425
    MMmmmmm So Jersey sales represent skill. Good insight.
    #BanMiltstar


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    3,043
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Bynum_sucks View Post
    t





    Sorry I disagree. I mean we struck Gold with MCW, a player who is already in the top-15 of NBA Jerseies sold. Think about that...30 NBA teams...countless players and MCW already has the popularity and marketability in the league and it's fans. That means he might carry the type of Iverson-like popularity to possibly draw some of the better NBA Vets as free agents as his game grows. Now I am NOT saying we shouldn't look at trades for Turner or Hawes or even Thad. But it does NOT help us to out and out throw these guys away for 50 cents on the dollar. Thad as I have said brings a ton of Value, and YES...I do belive he is a more then capable SF.


    But, if we can deal him for LEGIT Value.....especially if Moultrie ahows his skills that he has as a PF/C, and with Noel coming back, Thad MIGHT be expendable. Thad is IN the league, and has SHOWN he can do it. But, even I would have to admit that as it goes to SF POTENTIAL, and upside, that both Wiggins and Parker would be a better option for us. So if we can get one of those, then Thad is expendable. But if we draft say at 4 to 6 area...then Thad is NOT Expendable. And as it goes to SG....I think Turner is okay, but on our team we need a player who is better at playing without the ball, and in the Catch & shoot areas of the game.


    But we already are gonna have a massive roster turnover next year....but the measure of our success will be more because of what the team does in Free agency then in the draft.
    This guy lives on saying things for the sake of getting a negative reaction doesn't he.


    2012 allstar

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,772
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    I'm finding myself more and more in favor of trading these guys earlier than later, even if it only means getting fifty cents on the dollar. And what is the "dollar" value anyways? We have no idea if we'll be able to get a first round pick for any of these players at the deadline. It just seems like an arbitrary value we've made up in our heads, and we're telling ourselves to hold out on trading them until we can get exactly that. What other "assets" are we going to get? Is someone going to give up a cheap, young, high potential player for half a season of Evan Turner or Spencer Hawes? Absolutely not.

    The upcoming draft is as important to our team's rebuild as this past one, if not even more so. Trading away the vets now, and piling up the losses to get us in the best position possible for the lottery, is as important of an asset in itself as anything we'd get from a Spencer Hawes trade at maximum value.
    Yup. Our biggest asset right now is our first round draft pick and losses. Can't be giving that away. Giving ET and Thad away for nothing right now is better than letting them win our way into a pick outside the top 5. Of we want more of a return than that, but every win costs us, so the FO need to really think hard about how much more value they're hoping to get by waiting, and whether it's worth it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,348
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    MMmmmmm So Jersey sales represent skill. Good insight.



    No, his skill level represents his skills. But his popularity is not in question when he is selling more Jersies then say a Paul George or a Demarcus Cousins, ect, ect. A team cannot overlook a players precieved popularity. I mean do you really think Kobe, skill wise is anywhere near a top-25 player anymore ?...No. But, his POPULARITY, and Marketability is. And that is why the Lakers re-signed him at 48 + million for 2 more years.
    MCW is a God send. Not only cause he has the Unquestioned skills of being top elite PG. But because his POPULARITY will mean Huge Bucks to the Sixers as an Organazation...and thats a HUGE card when it comes to drawing other NBA players to a team.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,669
    vCash
    1500
    I was always one of the guys on this forum that fought hard against the idea of tanking for past Sixers teams. The Iggy, Lou, Brand, Dalembert, Andre Miller, etc type teams. I loved watching them play hard to get into the playoffs. I thought getting that type of battle tested experience for the players was more important than getting better draft picks.

    Now I'm the one who's most worried because we're "too good" with a 10-21 record haha. Figures.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancaster, Pa
    Posts
    13,063
    vCash
    3425
    Carmelo Anthony is very popular and a superstar but no one wants to play with him.

    And you don't use player 'A's popularity for a reason not to trade 'B' and 'C'.
    #BanMiltstar


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancaster, Pa
    Posts
    13,063
    vCash
    3425
    I should also say NBA players think "Can he help me win?" more than "Is he popular?"
    #BanMiltstar


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,348
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Carmelo Anthony is very popular and a superstar but no one wants to play with him.

    And you don't use player 'A's popularity for a reason not to trade 'B' and 'C'.




    That is true. I was talking about how I feel what the Sixers do in free agency the next couple of years will be more Important then what we do in the draft. Yes draft selections are Important. To too many young drafted players rarely ever works out. You need that One, maybe two very good proven free agents to complete your team, and their style of play. I may love Thad, and even Turner...but, on the type of team we are building, they might not be the best options to use our money on. That does NOT take away from the talent that I DO believe Thad Young is. But, as a overall team...maybe we can do better. Either through the draft IF we are lucky to get a Parker, or a Wiggins. Or through free agency.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,348
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Carmelo Anthony is very popular and a superstar but no one wants to play with him.

    And you don't use player 'A's popularity for a reason not to trade 'B' and 'C'.



    Actually alot of NBA Stars wanna play with him. At the time of his trade from New Orleans, Chris Paul publically stated he wanted to be dealt to New York. And alot of speculation that teams like L.A. and Chicago will go after Carmelo because their current stars...Rose and Kobe want him.



    So in fact, you are wrong.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •