Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Redskins Ask Permission To Interview Fewell For Their HC Position

I would not get too excited about this. I doubt that they will hire him. He has interviewed before and not been hired. Maybe they are just abiding by The Rooney Rule of interviewing African American Candidates.

I fully expect Fewell to be back even though I would much rather have Spagnola return. The Giant Defense is not an elite defense. It does not scare any OC anymore.

vCash
    yeah definitely not happening. Synder will want a big name I'm sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    yeah definitely not happening. Snyder will want a big name I'm sure.
    This has been rumored for a while here in the DC area. Fewell is from the DC area and has family here.

Fewell did have success when he took over as the interim HC with the Bills. One thing to keep in mind, Snyder just lost a TON of money on a big name HC and ended with a 3-13 record and basically giving Shanny $7M to not coach the team next year. This may make Snyder re-think the whole big name coach thing.

Priority number 1 for Snyder is and will always be RG3. He can hire whoever he wants as the HC as long as they get a QB coach and OC that can work with RG3 and RG3 trusts him.

I don't think this is going to happen, but I am crossing my fingers. I think the Shanny situation gives the Fewell hire a decent 40% chance of happening.

I miss our dominating D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    This has been rumored for a while here in the DC area. Fewell is from the DC area and has family here.

Fewell did have success when he took over as the interim HC with the Bills. One thing to keep in mind, Snyder just lost a TON of money on a big name HC and ended with a 3-13 record and basically giving Shanny $7M to not coach the team next year. This may make Snyder re-think the whole big name coach thing.

Priority number 1 for Snyder is and will always be RG3. He can hire whoever he wants as the HC as long as they get a QB coach and OC that can work with RG3 and RG3 trusts him.

I don't think this is going to happen, but I am crossing my fingers. I think the Shanny situation gives the Fewell hire a decent 40% chance of happening.
    I agree. No big name coach would want this job with RGIII situation.

here's hoping fewell knocks snyder's socks off during interview.

vCash
    If Fewell is smart he'll turn down the offer, stay in NY and be first in line to take over if Coughlin retires and the front office doesn't want to stray far from their current staff.

vCash
    Rooney rule

vCash
    I live in the DC area and I honestly can't see Snyder hiring a relatively low profile guy like Fewell.

I hope it happens, but I'm sure Snyder wants a bigger fish.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    please take em off our f'n hands , tired of this vanilla bulls$#t

vCash
    I don't hate Fewell.

When healthy, the defense has worked using his schemes and formations.

It is when injuries begin to mount when everything turns to crap.

He isn't great, but we could do a lot worse too IMO.

The biggest focus this offseason should be about how we can improve our passing offense and that starts with hiring a new OC.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Fewell and the defense were not the problem last year. Sure, we need to get more pressure on the opposing QB, but I can only remember the Carolina game where the defense couldn't stop anyone. Even during the 6 game losing streak:

Dallas - Offensive turnovers set up easy scores.
    Denver - 10-9 game at half and then turnovers wore us out.
    Carolina - No excuse. We got demolished.
    KC - 10-7 game at half. 17-7 after 3 quarters and a McCluster 79 yard return TD.
    Philly - Down 22-21 after 3 quarters and Eli threw 3 4th quarter INTs, leading to 14 points.
    Chicago - Eli throws a pick-6 (3 INT total) and throws INT to end potential game-winning drive. Defense gives up 20 pts.

Literally all of those games except Carolina were winnable. The offense's turnovers killed us all season long. As a result of being on the field for 3/4 of the game, the defense probably wore down and gave up a ton of late-game scores. Yes, Fewell's defense is rather vanilla, and I'd love an attacking DC like Spags, but we did finish 8th overall in total defense. We could do a lot worse. 2013's problems were 70% offense, 20% special teams, and 10% defense in my opinion. If the offense played up to its potential, the Giants could have been a 11-5 or a 10-6 team and we'd be getting ready for a playoff game this weekend against New Orleans.

vCash
    I agree with the general sentiment that the defense was not the big problem this year and Fewell isn't awful. I wouldn't be devastated if Fewell was back next year.

All that said, I just don't like his bend but don't break defense. The team gets nothing in terms of a D-line push or pass rush and is completely dependent on D-backs making plays.

I'd much rather see a more aggressive front 7 approach throughout the game.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roshan3ai View Post
    Rooney rule
    100% what it is.....such a stupid rule

vCash
    In the very unlikely event that somehow Fewell is hired by The Redskins or another team , do you think that Tuck, Beason, Joseph and Thomas would join him ?

vCash
    Tuck wants to continue his career and finish his career as a Giant. So no

Beason and Giants already working on a deal. Guy has said countless times he wants to retire a giant then work in the organization.

Joseph I couldn't really say if he would.

Thomas is going to want to stay. Probably a one year deal, low salary. (this is just an opinion)

vCash
    i'd rather he not stay in the division.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast