Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

I think our d will step up in the playoffs

just that, they will, you see that sam shields interception. I mean I think we have the talent to be an average defense at worst

vCash
    I hope so...
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    A Sam shields interception on a hail marry, yeah for sure out defense is turning the corner. They haven't shown anything what so ever to make me think so. Best thing we got going for us is Think making the game threads lol

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    I hope you're wrong.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    People always assume that the cold is geared towards running. I disagree. With the cold temperatures, I think the passing game is better. I really don't think the Niners will run all over us, so I think it will come down to our pass defense, and I think we can improve from the last game. If the Packers have a good defensive outing against the Niners, it could give them the confidence they need to step up and perform.

vCash
    Doubt it. Matthews is out and the linebackerss in particular just blow. I expect more of the same. Bad defense.

vCash
    I'd settle for a game where the defense is actually in the correct positions. If they get beat by someone, so be it, just at least be playing the right scheme and maintain gap discipline. Some of those plays they gave up against the Bears were embarrassing... keystone-cop like performance.

vCash
    All I pray is that our defense doesn't make Kapernick look like our Badger D made Connor Shaw look yesterday. After the performance of the past few postseasons though, I am not at all optimistic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    All I pray is that our defense doesn't make Kapernick look like our Badger D made Connor Shaw look yesterday. After the performance of the past few postseasons though, I am not at all optimistic.
    Capers D in playoffs for Packers gives up an average of 27.4 pts in the 8 playoff games. I think if SF is held to this (or less!) then the Pack should win!

The Packs O in that same period averages 30.1 ppg.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullets View Post
    Capers D in playoffs for Packers gives up an average of 27.4 pts in the 8 playoff games. I think if SF is held to this (or less!) then the Pack should win!

The Packs O in that same period averages 30.1 ppg.
    Take away the 2010 numbers, they gave up 51 ('09); 37 ('11); 10 ('12) and 45 ('12). The 10 points was Joe Webb at QB. That's 35.8 ppg, or 44.3 ppg with a QB not named Joe Webb.

I realize some of this is turnovers, poor ST etc.... but jeez... that's bad.

Rodgers and Lacy are going to have to carry this team this year. I don't see the defense putting up a consistent game for 60 minutes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TC119 View Post
    Take away the 2010 numbers, they gave up 51 ('09); 37 ('11); 10 ('12) and 45 ('12). The 10 points was Joe Webb at QB. That's 35.8 ppg, or 44.3 ppg with a QB not named Joe Webb.

I realize some of this is turnovers, poor ST etc.... but jeez... that's bad.

Rodgers and Lacy are going to have to carry this team this year. I don't see the defense putting up a consistent game for 60 minutes.
    That is the number 1 key ingredient to a successful post season run for the packers. The Defense is what it is going to be at this point. But if we can run the ball and double up on ToP like we did against the bears on a team like the 49ers than I think we could do it to anyone.
    DA TONE SETTER JONES
    TACKLES:11 SACKS: 3.5

vCash
    I'd rather us put all our focus on stopping the run/RO, especially early and force Kaep to beat us through the air. His accuracy just doesn't impress me. Forcing them to throw it also lengthens the game for us and i like our chances in a shoot out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The-All-Knowing View Post
    just that, they will, you see that sam shields interception. I mean I think we have the talent to be an average defense at worst
    Didn't we start last years playoffs against SF with a pick 6? lol that didn't do us much good

Best Backfield Ever.
    Daniels/Raji/Lacy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aokmaster View Post
    Didn't we start last years playoffs against SF with a pick 6? lol that didn't do us much good
    The only time we pressured Kap, he made a mistake. I almost see a pattern here.

vCash
    I was curious about the 1996 defense for the Pack, so I took a quick look. In 23 games played, the Pack was 19-4, including pre and post seasons, the D only gave up 20+ pts 6 times. 1x in pre (the 4th pre game) and 1x in post (the Super Bowl).

Could u imagine if the current D did this, with this current offense!?!?
    This years D gave up 20+ in 13 of 16 games in regular season (I do understand that the game has changed to favor to O). If the D can in fact step up just a little bit, like instead of giving up 27 pts per game, more like 23, then there would be a fantastic chance!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast