vCash

Bucs and Lovie Smith reach agreement

vCash
    Ahhh!!! Yes!!!!!!

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Living in Chicago, I think Lovie is a great defensive and players coach. I am not too keen on his offensive side. I'm hoping that's just because of the lack of talent he had with the Bears. He has some weapons here now.

The local TV stations have been reporting Peanut Tillman and/or Tim Jennings could be joining him here.

vCash
    Solid hire for you guys. Lovie's a good coach. His time was clearly up in Chicago, but he's a good leader and his D's are always fun to watch.

If he can get the right OC then you're in even better shape, it was probably his biggest downfall with the Bears.

vCash

Bucs and Lovie Smith reach agreement

Love it, Tampa Bay made a great hiring. Tampa is easily my 2nd favorite squad now. Averages 9 wins a year in Chicago.

Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

Find ya boi on twitter @MajorJensen33

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KH12 View Post
    Living in Chicago, I think Lovie is a great defensive and players coach. I am not too keen on his offensive side. I'm hoping that's just because of the lack of talent he had with the Bears. He has some weapons here now.

The local TV stations have been reporting Peanut Tillman and/or Tim Jennings could be joining him here.
    Hope he hires that guy from Cal. He runs a very similar offense to the Packers. Also Hester says he wants to rejoin Lovie!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KH12 View Post

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Peanut join him down there as I think the Bears won't offer him much of a contract after being hurt (and pretty ineffective) this season. I think Jennings will probably be re-signed in Chicago though, at least I hope so.

vCash
    Smith met with the Glazier family Tuesday and was offered the job, according to sources. Talks for a contract extended until Wednesday when a deal was reached in the evening.

Terms of the contract weren't known, but sources said Smith is expected to make in excess of $5 million a year.

According to multiple sources, Smith will bring in former Cal coach Jeff Tedford to be his offensive coordinator.
    espn

vCash
    In addition to Schiano, the Bucs also fired general manager Mark Dominik on Monday. With no general manager, Smith will have control of his coaching staff and a huge voice in personnel.
    How do you feel about this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRanch View Post
    Very happy. Although I think there might be some sort of deal somewhere because it is rather odd to hire a coach w/o a GM unless Lovie is going to be the GM as well.

vCash
    Bright days ahead in Tampa

Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

Find ya boi on twitter @MajorJensen33

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRanch View Post
    As long as he doesn't hire Mike Martz as OC the I'm good lol.
    To be honest I'm stoked about this hire. I've wanted him since he left Chicago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdubbz View Post
    Very happy. Although I think there might be some sort of deal somewhere because it is rather odd to hire a coach w/o a GM unless Lovie is going to be the GM as well.
    It's happened before and no he won't be GM as well. He doesn't have any experience but I have a feeling they know who they plan on hiring as GM

vCash
    Welcome home, Lovie!

vCash
    TAMPA, Fla. – For the first time in a long time, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers got something right.

They agreed to contract terms with Lovie Smith to be their new head coach Wednesday night. The Glazer family, which owns the team, hasn’t fared well with recent decisions to make Raheem Morris and Greg Schiano the head coaches. But the Glazers got it right this time.

They reached back into their past for Smith. He was the linebackers coach back when head coach Tony Dungy turned the team from a consistent loser to a regular winner in the late 1990s. When you look back on Tampa Bay’s history, the Dungy years were the glory years for a franchise that struggled for years after entering the league as an expansion franchise in 1976.

Smith, 55, is similar to Dungy in many ways. They both came from strong defensive backgrounds and both are the strong-silent type when it comes to leadership beliefs. But Smith is not a Dungy clone. He’ll put his own stamp on the team.

After leaving Tampa Bay in 2001 to become the defensive coordinator for the St. Louis Rams, Smith became the head coach of the Chicago Bears in 2004. Smith led the Bears to Super Bowl XLI, a game they lost to Dungy and the Indianapolis Colts.

The Bears were a regular playoff contender before Smith was fired at the end of the 2012 season. With a Tampa Bay team that already features a strong defense, Smith might be able to turn the Buccaneers, who went 4-12 in 2013, around very quickly.

He is expected to bring former California coach Jeff Tedford as his offensive coordinator and that would be a great move. Tedford helped develop Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers. The offense wasn’t always Smith’s strong point in Chicago, but Tedford should help in that regard. It’s unclear how Smith and Tedford feel about Mike Glennon, who started 13 games for the Bucs in 2013.

But it is clear that Smith will bring balance to an organization that desperately needs it. The Bucs have gone from one extreme to the other in recent years.

Morris was the classic players’ coach. Schiano was far more militaristic and neither style worked well for the Bucs.

Smith’s style is much more in the middle of the road and that should sit well with players that weren’t always happy with Schiano’s ways and took advantage of Morris’ freedom.

With Smith, the Bucs might have a chance to compete for a playoff berth for the first time since the 2007 season.
    espn

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast