Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

We Want Phil Chants Make A Return To Staples Center!

Very happy to see true fans standing up for what they believe in. So sick of these myopic apologists. Hopefully Jim finally gets the hint that we don't want him.

vCash
    Phil is not coming to coach this bunch. He is not putting his legacy on the line. He might come next year if Jimbaco decides to think. Prinkles is going to go through this time of rebuilding like it or not.
    The future?

vCash
    If Kobe ever wants to win that 6th ring it will have to be with Phil, I can't see the Lakers signing any other coach that can have an immediate impact on this team for the next 2-3 years. I say bring Phil back for 2 more years and then him and Kobe can retire at the same time and on top with one last championship together

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

vCash
    Hopefully!^ most of want this to be the end of a great era.
    The future?

vCash
    LOL.... Phil Jackson with Red Auerbach and John Wooden as assistant coaches couldn't win with this talent.

Ignorance at its best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    If Kobe ever wants to win that 6th ring it will have to be with Phil, I can't see the Lakers signing any other coach that can have an immediate impact on this team for the next 2-3 years. I say bring Phil back for 2 more years and then him and Kobe can retire at the same time and on top with one last championship together
    Phil has already, repeatedly, stated that he can no longer physically endure the stresses of coaching. Stop dreaming. It ain't gonna happen.

Now, if Jeanie decides she wants to and can convince the board of directors to see things her way, she could have her brother fired and Phil put in his position, thereby affording Phil the opportunity to install a coach of his choosing.

Not knowing the actual interrelationships involved, none of us can say that something like this is even remotely conceivable but it is IMHO the only chance this team has of ever again becoming a championship caliber team.

vCash
    The "We Want Phil" chants shouldn't even be about Phil anymore, he obviously isn't coming back. But I think that in the future that they'll just represent that we want the coach fired.

vCash
    Phil will eventually return in some capacity,but poet is right,the chants are the voice of most us,we want this coach fired!
    The future?

vCash
    We want D'Antoni fired
    Is just too long of a chant.

vCash
    George karl would be good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Phil will eventually return in some capacity,but poet is right,the chants are the voice of most us,we want this coach fired!
    Yeah, but the problem that finding the right coach for this long term will not be easy to find same thing goes for drafting the next franchise player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers81 View Post
    George karl would be good
    Yeah, but we need someone for the long-term.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by championships View Post
    We want D'Antoni fired
    Is just too long of a chant.
    It has a nice ring to it though lol

vCash
    Phil Jackson doesn't do anything for injuries. As great as he was the lakers need to move forward in order to continually grow. Kobe Bryant should have been let go as well. Before I get jumped for that statement let me clear it up. I have nothing against Kobe. However, I'm more of a lakers fan than a Kobe fan. It was simply time to cut ties. Keeping him had nothing to do with the team or basketball. That move was a business deal. No Kobe = no sell outs. Leave Phil where he is and let's continue to remember the good ol' days.

The truth is painful

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Laker Legend42 View Post
    Phil Jackson doesn't do anything for injuries. As great as he was the lakers need to move forward in order to continually grow. Kobe Bryant should have been let go as well. Before I get jumped for that statement let me clear it up. I have nothing against Kobe. However, I'm more of a lakers fan than a Kobe fan. It was simply time to cut ties. Keeping him had nothing to do with the team or basketball. That move was a business deal. No Kobe = no sell outs. Leave Phil where he is and let's continue to remember the good ol' days.
    I agree with this to a point. It is time for Kobe to go.....but, I can also see why the Lakers would extend him for what he has done for this team. If it were me, there's no chance in hell I would pay Kobe $23 million per when I dont know if he can ever play Kobe basketball again.

The only job I would agree to give to Phil Jackson would be as the GM.....and thats only if he could convince me he would attack it 150%. The people who were chanting "We want Phil", are probably the same people who thought the Lakers were playing in the World Series

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast