Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,733
    vCash
    1500

    Callahan, McD, and Stepan make Olympic roster

    It was announced a little bit ago. Great news for mcd and the cally choice isn't much of a surprise but I am pretty shocked to see Stepan there.

    Lets hope all three stay healthy.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    23,056
    vCash
    1000

    | .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,779
    vCash
    1500
    I'm a bit surprised by Cally but I will root hard for all 3.

    Hopefully the experience helps them as Rangers as well.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    6,888
    vCash
    1500
    I was more surprised Stepan got the nod, Cally could be back next game as they waived Pyatt.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    23,056
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I was more surprised Stepan got the nod, Cally could be back next game as they waived Pyatt.
    Yeah that seems to be the plan.

    | .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,474
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    I'm a bit surprised by Cally but I will root hard for all 3.

    Hopefully the experience helps them as Rangers as well.
    Apparently, Callahan was amongst the 4-5 core leaders identified for the team by coaches months ago. I am surprised Stepan was selected. Congrats to each of them! What an experience it must be to represent your country in the olympics.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,659
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
    Apparently, Callahan was amongst the 4-5 core leaders identified for the team by coaches months ago. I am surprised Stepan was selected. Congrats to each of them! What an experience it must be to represent your country in the olympics.
    Yeah i can think of quite a few that should go before Steps. And i honestly wish Cally wouldnt play
    Last edited by nyr2002nyr; 01-02-2014 at 10:26 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,779
    vCash
    1500
    I figured Step might because they are weaker at center than on the wing.

    Choosing Cally over Bobby Ryan was a mild surprise to me.

    They said they were picking the players they felt they could win with not the best players.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,779
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
    Apparently, Callahan was amongst the 4-5 core leaders identified for the team by coaches months ago. I am surprised Stepan was selected. Congrats to each of them! What an experience it must be to represent your country in the olympics.
    Back in the old days when it was almost all college kids for the USA it was something magical.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,083
    vCash
    2181
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    I'm a bit surprised by Cally but I will root hard for all 3.

    Hopefully the experience helps them as Rangers as well.
    Surprised by Stepan making it honestly, not Cally. Poile said today that he sees Cally in the top 6, don't agree with it though. Put him on a line with Backes/Brown and Oshie and let them cause havoc on the ice. Tough line to play against.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,659
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    Surprised by Stepan making it honestly, not Cally. Poile said today that he sees Cally in the top 6, don't agree with it though. Put him on a line with Backes/Brown and Oshie and let them cause havoc on the ice. Tough line to play against.
    I just didnt want to see him play for the sake of how much he has been hurt. I know he wasnt 100% to start the season and then trying to get back in the groove and getting hurt again doesnt help

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    23,056
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    Surprised by Stepan making it honestly, not Cally. Poile said today that he sees Cally in the top 6, don't agree with it though. Put him on a line with Backes/Brown and Oshie and let them cause havoc on the ice. Tough line to play against.
    I don't think Stepan will see a lot of playing time.

    | .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •