Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Gleason to the Leafs

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 18m
    TOR-CAR trade call has been completed. Done deal. Gleason for Liles and Robertson.

Liles dealt right after warmups. Lol.
    "whoever started is a retarded" - Marco Reus aka TO aka Karen aka Karan

vCash
    Sucks for Liles (the timing) but things go down when they go down. Basically the Leafs have too many soft puck movers and needed a physical presence back there. Both make about the same money, each with 2 years left on their deals.

vCash
    Wow that sucks he couldn't even play in the winter classic today.

| .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

vCash
    He was going to be a healthy scratch regardless. He was never going to dress for this game trade or not. He's been in the AHL most of the year.

vCash
    Now that i think about it, i think it was a classy move dealing him today. I still think the Leafs were pretty ****** to him the last year or so but they could have had him sit through the game or trade him before hand without experiencing the Winter Classic. At least he got to take the skate, which i'm sure was a cool feeling.

Excited to get Gleason too, we could really use him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Wow that sucks he couldn't even play in the winter classic today.
    He woulda been scratched anyways. This is a deal of two guys who needed a change of scenery badly, both have bad contracts and fit much better under the coaches they'll be playing for now. The Leafs havle/had far too many soft, rushing type d-men. Had to be done. Not really fair for Liles, he was great before the concussions and Carlyle just flat out chose not to play him over a guy like Mark Fraser, playing on one leg, and Paul Ranger, a guy who's been out of the league for years and is clearly in over his head to this point. The Leafs D isn't pretty most nights.

vCash
    Another Mike Komisarek for Tpronto. I never minded Liles, he's got a solid skillset that could definitely improve Carolina's back end. Seeing as though the real Mike Komisarek is actually getting some time back thrre

vCash
    As a Buffalonian I kind of like this. Liles had said he wanted to play for Buffalo back before he got signed by Toronto and Buffalo has a lot of history trading with Carolina, so there is hope he could end up here.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt