Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Bengals, Colts, and Packers are all in danger of blacking out this weekend

vCash
    I thought Packer games were ALWAYS sold out???

vCash
    Honestly shocked by the Packers near blackout.

NFL and FCC need to sit down in a room and figure this all out.

And the NFL has to, has to, has to find a way to make the in stadium more enjoyable.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    The network will buy the tickets before they allow a playoff blackout, they won't risk losing the advertising revenue
    Striving for a kinder, gentler PhillyFaninLA

vCash
    For those of you wondering why the Packers still have tickets left I will quickly inform you.

This year when the Packers sent out Playoff Ticket applications, the Packers decided that any $$ collected but not used would not be refunded but rather credited to next years ticket balance. Essentially a free loan. I know my family and extended family- who have 12-14 tickets did not apply for playoff tickets as well as many ticket holders we know.

The Lions did this as well and they are facing plenty of unhappy fans right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFaninLA View Post
    The network will buy the tickets before they allow a playoff blackout, they won't risk losing the advertising revenue
    This. Pathetic, but true.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Here's the article backing up what I posted before.

Link

Remarkably, the Green Bay Packers have plenty of tickets for sale for this Sunday's playoff matchup against the San Francisco 49ers.

Late Monday night, a Packers spokesman said the team had approximately 15,000 tickets for sale for the game. Late Tuesday morning, the spokesman said approximately 13,000 were left.

Packers spokesman Aaron Popkey also announced the franchise had lifted the limit of four tickets per transaction. "Groups considering purchasing more than four can now do so conveniently," Popkey said in an email. He added the team is confident the game will be sold out.

That's somewhat of a surprise, given the size of Packer Nation. So what are some of the reasons?

1. Green and Gold season-ticket holders appear to have punted on the availability of tickets. When playoff tickets were offered to them in late November, the Packers were not playing dominating football. Fans may have figured the team had little or no chance to advance.

The Packers mailed playoff ticket invoices to season ticket holders in the third week of November for a possible home playoff game (or games) at Lambeau. Under a new policy, fans who paid for playoff tickets were told that, if the team didn't make the playoffs, the money would be automatically applied to the cost of 2014 season tickets. In the past, the Packers returned that credit balance to season ticket holders.

2. Packers fans consider themselves hardy, but the cold weather can't be denied. Sunday's forecast for Green Bay calls for frigid temperatures.

3. The Packers, like many other professional sports franchises, are mindful of people choosing to watch games in the comfort of their own home. That's why the Packers place so much emphasis on the game experience, and constantly remind us of the iconic status of Lambeau Field.

4. Lambeau Field is bigger. With the addition of 7,000 seats in the south end-zone area, capacity is 80,750. That makes Lambeau the third largest stadium in the National Football League, behind FedEx Field in Washington and MetLife Stadium in New Jersey.

With so many tickets for sale, this will also have an impact on the secondary market. At SeatGeek.com, a ticket search engine, tickets were going for as little as $148 per ticket.

And via TiqIQ.com, eBay is selling tickets for as little as $129 per ticket.

Fred Benz of Ticket King in Wisconsin, acknowledged the sale of tickets controlled by the Packers has had an impact on sales in the secondary ticket market.

It's been a funny year for Packers ticket sales, all of it largely tied to the absence of quarterback Aaron Rodgers and his broken collarbone. Benz said for the first time in memory, tickets to the Dec. 8 Atlanta Falcons game were selling for less than face value on the secondary ticket market.

"There's opportunity out there for sure for buyers," Benz said Tuesday.

And in case you're wondering, the possibility exists, however slim, of a TV blackout. The deadline for a sellout is 72 hours before a game. In this case, that means Thursday. However, the NFL often has granted franchises additional time to sell tickets to ensure a sellout.

vCash
    wow i am shocked. i know the weather and the stadium experience is not as great with big screen TVs in your own living room and all, but still.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer94 View Post
    For those of you wondering why the Packers still have tickets left I will quickly inform you.

This year when the Packers sent out Playoff Ticket applications, the Packers decided that any $$ collected but not used would not be refunded but rather credited to next years ticket balance. Essentially a free loan. I know my family and extended family- who have 12-14 tickets did not apply for playoff tickets as well as many ticket holders we know.

The Lions did this as well and they are facing plenty of unhappy fans right now.
    Seems like a shady business practice. Still, knowing all the packers fans I know, I'm shocked by this. It's kinda like Steelers fans. Many pre-apply for playoff or single game tickets long before they know the prices or if they'll even be in of have available tickets.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Rachel Nichol's fat *** doe.

vCash
    Seahawk tickets went on sale at 10am and were sold out by 10:08.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer94 View Post
    Here's the article backing up what I posted before.

Link
    Thanks for the info

vCash
    I'm surprised to see this. I figured Green Bay would sell out. Maybe their fans are bored at this point? I'm sure it won't be blacked out though. I believe the Bears did the same thing the Packers did regarding season tickets also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Honestly shocked by the Packers near blackout.

NFL and FCC need to sit down in a room and figure this all out.

And the NFL has to, has to, has to find a way to make the in stadium more enjoyable.
    They have to make the tickets cheaper, it's as simple as that. The dudes article above says tickets are selling for "as low as $130". So that's $130 for a nose-bleed seat. If you have a kid or two the tickets alone cost over $500 and that's not including parking costs, food, etc.

That's expensive as heck, and in reality the tickets are probably substantially more expensive than that. Going to a football game nowadays with 3 or more people sets you back $1,000. It's absurd.

Lower the prices and let the middle class go to the games again.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    not that surprised. from what i've heard, some stadium experiences have been bad and watching games at home is warmer and they said were more enjoyable.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast