13. CF, Manuel Margot
    14. RHP, Teddy Stankiewicz
    15. LHP, Brian Johnson
    16. LHP, Drake Britton
    17. C, Jon Denney
    18. SS, Deven Marrero
    19. OF, Bryce Brentz
    20. 3B, Rafael Devers
    Last edited by -Lavigne43-; 01-07-2014 at 07:56 PM.

vCash
    Sickels posted his list http://www.minorleagueball.com/2014/...pects-for-2014

1) Xander Bogaerts, SS-3B, Grade A: A Grade A prospect who should do everything well except steal bases. Power should steadily increase. Not hype, he is for real.

2) Jackie Bradley, OF, Grade B+: Although I wouldn’t expect him to be a .300 type hitter, his broad secondary skills and impressive defense should make him a long-term regular.

3) Garin Cecchini, 3B, Grade B+: I won’t be talked out of the B+ grade like I was last year. Absolutely love this bat and superior on-base skills. Have to see where he fits defensively. I’ve gone back-and-forth with Bradley at 2 and this could flip depending on how I want to slot them in the Top 50, but I will worry about that next month.

4) Henry Owens, LHP, Grade B+: Walk rate in Double-A was the only negative here, but the overall package looks like a sound number three starter to me, perhaps more.

5) Anthony Ranaudo, RHP, Grade B: Borderline B+. I’d have him as a B+ if not for the history of health problems. When he’s right I think he has the best combination of stuff and command among the Bosox RHP prospect corps.
    Click the link for the rest of the top 20

vCash
    ^^ I love the summary.

Obviously this is a very deep system, with at least four B+ or better prospects. You have a future All-Star in Bogaerts, and at least four guys who can be major league regulars. There are high-ceiling tools players, and high floor skill players. There’s depth at all levels, with several prospects near the majors but plenty following at the lower levels. There are guys who can hit and guys who can field. There’s everything basically.

If you are looking for a flaw, there are no certain top-of-the-rotation starting pitchers, nobody who looks like a Grade A pitching prospect for certain. But you can say that about a lot of teams. Most organizations don’t have a future number one starter. That said, the Red Sox have more pitching depth than most systems, with at least four plausible mid-rotation arms and a bevy of bullpen possibilities. As with the hitters, there’s a good mixture of pitchers ready or almost ready for the majors, but plenty of depth behind them.
    But the Yankees system is close because, you know, they have Betances and Banuelos.

vCash
    I think the only thing were missing is a big corner OF/1B bat

vCash
    @BenBadler 15m
    Red Sox ended up with six prospects in my Top 50, most of any team. Full list, 900+ reports in the Prospect Handbook: http://bit.ly/Jqrye6

vCash
    Looking forward to getting the Baseball America hand book in a month or 2. Great to read up on the prospects of the team. Oh and I agree we need a 1st baseman prospect in a big way on this team.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 5-8, games this week vs. Chicago White Sox (3), Baltimore (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: 11-5, 2013 AFC South Champs, great season guys.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, good effort guys.

vCash
    So, I imagine we have the best system in the league right now.
    Signature removed because **** is a dodging filter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
    So, I imagine we have the best system in the league right now.
    Cubs, Astros and Twins might have better farms currently. We're certainly in that top tier though, and you could argue that we have the deepest farm in all of baseball.

vCash
    ^^ Yes, it's a subjective science. B-A ranked the Sox #1 in terms of "closest to MLB talent." I believe that the top 5 can vary a bit depending on whether you prefer to rank based on ceiling, readiness, and accomplishment.

vCash
    http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=22508
    SS Xander Bogaerts
    CF Jackie Bradley, Jr.
    3B Garin Cecchini
    RHP Matt Barnes
    LHP Henry Owens
    RHP Allen Webster
    C Blake Swihart
    2B Mookie Betts
    C Christian Vazquez
    LHP Trey Ball

Interesting no Ranaudo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by win red sox View Post
    http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=22508
    SS Xander Bogaerts
    CF Jackie Bradley, Jr.
    3B Garin Cecchini
    RHP Matt Barnes
    LHP Henry Owens
    RHP Allen Webster
    C Blake Swihart
    2B Mookie Betts
    C Christian Vazquez
    LHP Trey Ball

Interesting no Ranaudo
    I get the list. To me it makes sense. Ranaudo's best pitch is his curveball, which really is one that lacks control. His fastball doesn't have a lot of depth to it. He does have some disguise to his pitches due to his size, but he's trade value to me. Someone else might see something more.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    My list:

1. Xander Bogaerts
    2. Garin Cecchini
    3. Henry Owens
    4. Jackie Bradley Jr.
    5. Blake Swihart
    6. Matt Barnes
    7. Mookie Betts
    8. Brandon Workman
    9. Allen Webster
    10. Trey Ball
    -----------------------------
    * Some lists still qualify Workman, other's do not. It depends on how you see it.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Top 20 is up on the first post.

vCash
    Solid list. I think Ball belongs in the top 10, he's a 6'6'' 190 pound 19 year old who's already touching the mid-90's on his fastball with a smooth delivery. Tons of athleticism, two potential plus secondary pitches in his changeup and curve. He's a ways away, but there are very few strikes against him for a 19 year old pitcher.

I'd also move Devers up in to the top 15. Scouts are saying it's fair to compare his swing to Cano's. It looks like he's made a ton of progress on his swing and added 2'' and 15 lbs. just in the last year. If he hits next year, he could be a household name.

I'm not so high on Ranaudo. I think at most he's a back of the rotation starter who's lost a lot of development to injuries. His fastball isn't that great to build off of and his secondary pitches need a lot of work for a 24 year old.

vCash
    One question is will Webster be allowed to mature and become that #4/5 groundball guy that looks good in Fenway, or will it be decided he's better as a trade chip?

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast