Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 144 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 2153
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    15,682
    vCash
    1500

    2014 Minor League Thread 1.0

    Last edited by Yagyu+; 01-01-2014 at 11:55 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    20 minutes from the field of dreams
    Posts
    1,068
    vCash
    1500

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,599
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO View Post
    http://www.fangraphs.com/minorleader...9130&sort=10,d

    dont remember who originally posted this, but many thanks to whoever did.
    I added a few post-deadline names to that and also customized the tables for a quick overview of the minor league stats you care most about.

    Hitters: http://www.fangraphs.com/minorleader...77744,sa657427

    Pitchers: http://www.fangraphs.com/minorleader...77744,sa657427

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    4,312
    vCash
    1500
    Seriously, I just wish the season started today. I'm done with this offseason already haha. Nice charts by the way. Thanks for posting them.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    860
    vCash
    1500
    Sickels has started his work on the Cubs top 20. Head over to minorleagueball.com to give feed back on his prelim top 40.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,366
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynoplasty View Post
    I added a few post-deadline names to that and also customized the tables for a quick overview of the minor league stats you care most about.

    Hitters: http://www.fangraphs.com/minorleader...77744,sa657427

    Pitchers: http://www.fangraphs.com/minorleader...77744,sa657427
    You may want to add Erick Leal to the pitchers. He's the guy they got for Campana and he had very good numbers in rookie ball.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,599
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SenatorMendoza View Post
    Sickels has started his work on the Cubs top 20. Head over to minorleagueball.com to give feed back on his prelim top 40.
    Left Breadwater off the top 40 entirely. Ouch. I know he was pretty brutal after a long layoff last year, but I'm still going to be following his performance next year much more closely than many of the other guys on that list.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    5,940
    vCash
    1500
    I still chuckle the Cubs were able to land those guys for Campana.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,599
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTH10 View Post
    I still chuckle the Cubs were able to land those guys for Campana.
    I think players like Campana are slightly undervalued for what they are, but I don't get why the DBacks gave up anything for him if they didn't plan on actually using him.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,881
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynoplasty View Post
    I think players like Campana are slightly undervalued for what they are, but I don't get why the DBacks gave up anything for him if they didn't plan on actually using him.
    Towers brah.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    860
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynoplasty View Post
    Left Breadwater off the top 40 entirely. Ouch. I know he was pretty brutal after a long layoff last year, but I'm still going to be following his performance next year much more closely than many of the other guys on that list.
    Ya, JC Pani is a guy I'm really hoping spring training will be a great help. I'd heard he looked considerably better in the fall instructs. velocity back up. I could see with a good spring training him earning a spot in the Daytona rotation and pitching his way back onto the radar.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,881
    vCash
    1500
    Is there a deadline or a guideline as to when minor league rosters are finalized? IE: Just waiting to see where a lot of our top 20 guys are gonna start the year. Voggie, Edwards, Johnson, etc. .


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    38,015
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by A New Era View Post
    Is there a deadline or a guideline as to when minor league rosters are finalized? IE: Just waiting to see where a lot of our top 20 guys are gonna start the year. Voggie, Edwards, Johnson, etc. .
    Not for a long while. Most guys don't get finalized until after ST starts. Players will usually start at a level higher than they are expected to begin the season at and then get reassigned some time during ST.
    #ClutchTime

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    hickland florida
    Posts
    3,508
    vCash
    1500
    Has anyone heard anything on Edwards this offseason? I'm hoping he gains some weight.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    17,356
    vCash
    1500
    I heard he lost 40 pounds on NutriSystem and will pitch this season at 120 pounds

Page 1 of 144 1231151101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •