Head Coach - Mike Munchak
    Offensive Coordinator - Dowell Loggains
    Defensive Coordinator - Jerry Gray

Free Agents We Would Resign:
    Bernard Pollard (2 year deal)
    Alterraun Verner (4 year deal)
    Rapoti Pitoitua (1 year deal)

2014 NFL Draft Picks:
    1st Round - Khalil Mack DE (Think Dwight Freeny)
    2nd Round - Tahj Boyd QB ( Think Russell Wilson)
    3rd Round - De'Anthony Thomas OW (think Percy harvin)

Offseason moves:
    Trade Jake Locker for a late round pick

Giving Loggains lack of coordinator experience, paired with Locker's inability to stay healthy, I think its unfair to judge Dowell after his first full season as Coordinator. With that being said, I believe adding Boyd and Thomas would provide him with two excellent weapons. I believe he would continue utilizing a "time share" with Johnson and Green, something like 60/40 while sprinkling Thomas in for 20-30 carries. Loggains could improve his passing game as Wright continues to develop and Hunter continues his adapting to the game. I have faith in Wright/Washington as our starters while bumping Wright into the slot in three WR sets as Hunter bounces outside, also sprinkling DAT in as an addition slot receivers 50-75 plays. Thomas could add another wrinkle to our offense if we have Boyd running out of the shotgun with Hunter/Wright/Washington/Thomas out wide and CJ out of the backfield, but we should temper DAT to focus mainly on special teams and becoming our primary return man.

As for defense, Gray seriously impressed me while fielding one of the youngest defenses in the NFL. Another year under his system with returning play makers Ayers/Brown/Pollard/Verner/Morgan/Casey should provide further progress. Simply adding a freakish pass rusher such as Mack would be like a second Christmas for Gray. Mack could line up on both book end positions, some OLB, and possibly even MLB on some plays. With a pass rushing squad including Morgan, Martin, Hill, Casey, Klug, Ball, Wimbley and Mack, we should continue to see improvements and could become one of the most feared pass rushing teams in the NFL. Imagine, if Gray were to utilize a "rabbit" package similar to some college teams where they utilize their best 4 speed rushers on the field at the same time, with Morgan, Wimbley, Mack and Casey/Klugg. Could be frightening.
    Last edited by WVA_Titan; 12-31-2013 at 07:20 PM.

vCash
    Hey IDK if you know this but we got a thread ffor this stuff to go, the Offseason News/Rumors one
    Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

vCash
    Yeah, I'm not quite sure why this thread is necessary either. But I do like where your head is at in regards to the draft and the team concept. The two top priorities this offseason should be signing Verner to a long-term deal and figuring out what the hell to do at QB. However, I'm not sure how I feel about going DE in the first round or RB in the third. Those are both needs, but I think OT is a bigger need long-term. I'd also like to see them add a safety or MLB, although I'd really be happy with any impact defensive player in the first round, whether it's Mack, Barr, Clinton-Dix, CJ Mosley or somebody else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Yeah, I'm not quite sure why this thread is necessary either. But I do like where your head is at in regards to the draft and the team concept. The two top priorities this offseason should be signing Verner to a long-term deal and figuring out what the hell to do at QB. However, I'm not sure how I feel about going DE in the first round or RB in the third. Those are both needs, but I think OT is a bigger need long-term. I'd also like to see them add a safety or MLB, although I'd really be happy with any impact defensive player in the first round, whether it's Mack, Barr, Clinton-Dix, CJ Mosley or somebody else.
    This is a passing league now so a team can never have too much depth in that area, especially when we have only one true pass rushing threat (Morgan). As for DAT, I don't really categorize him as a running back. Instead i view him as someone who can step in day one and upgrade our return game. Along with his impact on special teams, he could provide us with an explosive player on offense who can play in the backfield or in the slot if necessary. Overall I personally just felt that Mack and Boyd were better fits both value and need wise rather than the other mentioned players.

vCash
    I keep seeing Tahj Boyd and Stephen Morris as qb draft options and I dont see why they would want to waste a pick on either one. Stephen Morris has been horrible at times. Aaron Murray or Zack Mettenberger would be a much better option.
    Psalms 118:6 - The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McFlurry View Post
    I keep seeing Tahj Boyd and Stephen Morris as qb draft options and I dont see why they would want to waste a pick on either one. Stephen Morris has been horrible at times. Aaron Murray or Zack Mettenberger would be a much better option.
    I like Mettenberger quite a bit. McCarron is another guy I could feasibly see slipping to the early second round. I'm not big on Boyd or Murray as NFL quarterbacks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I like Mettenberger quite a bit. McCarron is another guy I could feasibly see slipping to the early second round. I'm not big on Boyd or Murray as NFL quarterbacks.
    Out of those four, I'd take Boyd, McCarron, Mettenberger then Murray. To be able to get a qb who easily could've been a top 10 pick last season in the second round would be great value. I would be scared away by Murray and Mettenberger solely based on their serious injuries.

vCash
    Whats so special about Boyd? He looks like a slightly better version of Jake Locker. I am looking around online because I haven't seen Clemson play very much this year but a small running qb with an above average arm doesnt sound that great (Knowing the titans they will pick him in the first). At least Mettenberger has a cannon and McCarron and Murray have won against better competition.
    Psalms 118:6 - The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

vCash
    I would love too see Mettenberger get taken in the 2nd Round by us
    Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

vCash
    ^I think that would be best bet, I think he could be the most nfl ready guy and he wouldnt have to start right away with Fitz. Boyd is playing right now in the orange bowl and he has made a couple mistakes and some bad throws. Ohio States defense is horrid and Boyd hasnt looked all the impressive minus his touchdown run.

vCash
    Whats so special about Boyd? He looks like a slightly better version of Jake Locker. I am looking around online because I haven't seen Clemson play very much this year but a small running qb with an above average arm doesnt sound that great (Knowing the titans they will pick him in the first). At least Mettenberger has a cannon and McCarron and Murray have won against better competition.
    Boyd is without question the most complete quarterback in that group. Boyd is a bit undersized but does not lack an above average arm and has above average mobility. Boyd opens up the entire offense with more mobility than either of the other three mentioned quarterbacks while having an arm equal to all but Mettenberger. Boyd is a proven winner and with the injuries to Murray/Mettenberger, I think it's down to Boyd or McCarron. Ultimately I will take the player who can do more and has a more detailed skill set.

vCash
    But again an undersized qb, above average arm, good mobility......who does that sound like? Tahj Boyd ended up playing well last night but out of his 9 incompletions 2 were picks. The titans need to go with a proven qb (if there is one) and stop with this drafting crap. It hasnt worked since McNair and with the offensive line overhaul and the good set of wide recievers this team has, do they really have time to try and groom another rookie qb?

vCash
    But again an undersized qb, above average arm, good mobility......who does that sound like? Tahj Boyd ended up playing well last night but out of his 9 incompletions 2 were picks. The titans need to go with a proven qb (if there is one) and stop with this drafting crap. It hasnt worked since McNair and with the offensive line overhaul and the good set of wide recievers this team has, do they really have time to try and groom another rookie qb?
    I assume your referring to Locker, but if true you need to remind yourself that Locker has a massive knock on him entering the league. (His accuracy). As for "not working since McNair" I think Vince young had a successful run with us. In closing, if your against grooming a rookie qb then why were you for drafting Mettenberger while starting fitz?

vCash
    Because I believe Mettenberger to be the better qb and I also think he can start right away if needed. It has nothing to do about being "groomed". Everywhere I read Boyd might not even be a top 5 qb this year depending on the underclassmen coming out. I guess Boyd would be fine with me if he wasnt one of our first 2 picks which is what i was assuming you were talking about him being if we drated him? Could be wrong.

As for Vince Young, he was fine for us in spurts but did he end up winning a playoff game for us? I am not even sure how he made 2 pro bowls.

vCash
    Because I believe Mettenberger to be the better qb and I also think he can start right away if needed. It has nothing to do about being "groomed". Everywhere I read Boyd might not even be a top 5 qb this year depending on the underclassmen coming out. I guess Boyd would be fine with me if he wasnt one of our first 2 picks which is what i was assuming you were talking about him being if we drated him? Could be wrong.

As for Vince Young, he was fine for us in spurts but did he end up winning a playoff game for us? I am not even sure how he made 2 pro bowls.
    I haven't seen too many sites or experts list Boyd outside of their top 5 quarterbacks this season. But I can guarentee you this, Boyd is ranked higher in the majority and is more likely to be inside a top 5 instead of Mettenberger. Also Vince young was a play maker for us early on until he got bigger than the team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast