Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: John Wall

vCash

John Wall

Why is no one talking about this guy? He is having a monster year on a .500 playoff team and seems to be getting better every week.
    He's averaging 20/9/4 and 2 steals per game. Plus he is above 20 in PER (for the sabermetrics nerds).
    If the Wizards keep improving does he deserve to be in the MVP discussion?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummond#1 View Post
    does he deserve to be in the MVP discussion?
    lol

vCash
    having a great year, being in MVP discussion is laughable though

vCash
    Who references PER anymore? What a lame stat.

vCash
    augh. i dont wanna make this into the apologize to dwight thread. close this please. I rather he quietly make the AS-game.

Sim League Spurs
    Gary Payton | Tim Duncan
    2000-01: NBA Finalist
    2001-02: First Round

vCash
    No player is winning MVP unless he's leading his team to at the minimum a top 2 seed in their conference.

John Wall is playing fantastically however, a top 5 PG this season in my eyes.
    Started From The Bottom...

vCash
    Are the turnovers down and FG% up?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FraziersKnicks View Post
    No player is winning MVP unless he's leading his team to at the minimum a top 2 seed in their conference.

John Wall is playing fantastically however, a top 5 PG this season in my eyes.
    Who's your top 5 then?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    augh. i dont wanna make this into the apologize to dwight thread. close this please. I rather he quietly make the AS-game.
    AS team in the east at guard is soft. He doesn't make it if he's in the west.

vCash
    I understand just letting him make the all star game but there were a lot of people talking mad **** about this kid in the past. Saying he would be out of the league in a couple years due to his assist/to ratio, comparing him to ****ing TJ Ford? All kinds of stupid ****. He's not my favorite player in the league but I do appreciate seeing people eat their words. The fact of the matter is that he is leading a relatively talentless team to wins with little help outside of Beal. Gortat is okay and Nene is okay. You look at the other "elite" point guards in this league and they have a helluva lot more help. Aside from Kyrie... And look how that is working out.

1. Paul (has BG32 and a bunch of decent role players)
    2. Curry (has two all stars and Klay)
    3. Wall (Beal and two medium level bigs)

vCash
    I had a discussion with some posters on real gm and they said that Bradley Beal was the best player on the Wizards and not John Wall. That was before Beal went down and Wall started to really recover from his back spasms. I'd like to revisit that conversation again because Beal IMO isn't ever going to be on Wall's level (Wall still has lots of room to improve).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummond#1 View Post
    I understand just letting him make the all star game but there were a lot of people talking mad **** about this kid in the past. Saying he would be out of the league in a couple years due to his assist/to ratio, comparing him to ****ing TJ Ford? All kinds of stupid ****. He's not my favorite player in the league but I do appreciate seeing people eat their words. The fact of the matter is that he is leading a relatively talentless team to wins with little help outside of Beal. Gortat is okay and Nene is okay. You look at the other "elite" point guards in this league and they have a helluva lot more help. Aside from Kyrie... And look how that is working out.

1. Paul (has BG32 and a bunch of decent role players)
    2. Curry (has two all stars and Klay)
    3. Wall (Beal and two medium level bigs)
    Dude the past wasn't so long ago. When he started this season slow due to injury those things were still being said. Now those idiots go ghost when the conversation is about John Wall, at least until he goes on a poor stretch they'd be right back out to attack his play.

vCash
    I was one of maybe 5 here who said Wall>Irving for future, this year it's coming to fruition. Irving has had a pretty terrible overall year by his standards, while Wall dominates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    AS team in the east at guard is soft. He doesn't make it if he's in the west.
    **** Lillard. That guys only better at shooting. And theres no criteria for positions on all star teams anymore. Only CP3 and maybe Steph Curry are clear cut better than him in the West.

Sim League Spurs
    Gary Payton | Tim Duncan
    2000-01: NBA Finalist
    2001-02: First Round

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    **** Lillard. That guys only better at shooting. And theres no criteria for positions on all star teams anymore. Only CP3 and maybe Steph Curry are clear cut better than him in the West.
    Lillard is a big part of Portland being so high up the rankings. Um tony Parker says hi. And he still doesn't make it in the west. Too many good players on good teams. Wall has talent on his team nod their still struggling in the east people look at that for all star games.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast