Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • KC

2 22.22%
  • IND

7 77.78%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Wildcard Weekend: Kansas City Chiefs (11-5) @ Indianapolis Colts (11-5) - Jan 4, 2014

Wildcard Weekend
    @

Sunday, January 5th at 4:35 PM ET
    TV: NBC

Players To Watch

Quarterback

~VS~

Alex Smith, QB #11 - 3313 Yards / 23 TDS 7 INTS / 60.6 CMP% / 89.1 QB Rating
    Andrew Luck, QB #12 - 3822 Yards / 23 TDS 9 INTS / 60.2 CMP% / 87.0 QB Rating

Running Back

~VS~

Jamaal Charles, RB #25 - 1287 Yards / 259 Carries/ 5.0 YPC / 12 TDS
    Donald Brown, RB #31 - 537 Yards / 102 Carries/ 5.3 YPC/ 6 TDS

Wide Receiver

~VS~

Dwayne Bowe, WR #82 - 57 Catches / 673 Yards / 5 TDS
    T.Y. Hilton, WR #13 - 82 Catches / 1083 Yards / 5 TDS

Tight End

~VS~

Sean McGrath, TE #84 - 26 Catches / 302 Yards / 2 TDS
    Coby Fleener, TE #80 - 52 Catches / 608 Yards / 4 TDS

Kicker

~VS~

Ryan Succop, K #6 - 22 FGM / 28 FGA / 52 XPM / 52 XPA
    Adam Vinatieri, K #4 - 35 FGM / 40 FGA / 34 XPM / 34 XPA

Tackles Leader

~VS~

Derrick Johnson, LB #56 - 107
    Jerrell Freeman, LB #50 - 126

Sacks Leader

~VS~

Tamba Hali & Justin Houston - 11.0
    Robert Mathis, LB #98 - 19.5

Interceptions Leader

~VS~

Quintin Demps, S #35 - 4
    Darius Butler, CB #20 - 4

Click For More Stats
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Let's go Colts!!!! Let's get the 1st playoff victory in the Luck Era!!!
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    The Colts are playing with a lot of confidence right now. They look a lot like the team that beat SF, SEA and DEN. I think they win a close but a very good game.

vCash
    Injury update: No Vontae, Butler, Toler, Werner, Franklin, DHB.

Practicing: Sergio Brown, The whole OLine, RJF.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=102...espnapi_public

Why the Colts are AFC's most dangerous team.

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518:27710011
    Injury update: No Vontae, Butler, Toler, Werner, Franklin, DHB.

Practicing: Sergio Brown, The whole OLine, RJF.
    Holy ****. Our secondary would get eaten up against an elite passing team...

Anyways, should be a good one. Would love winning this game.

vCash
    I think they will all plau. Only worry is Vontae, with huh is injury coming this week. His MRI was negative so hopefully he suits up also. I have a lot of confidence in us making a run. We are getting hot at the right time. The O is looking good, and we already proved we can play with the best of them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by True Sports Fan View Post
    Holy ****. Our secondary would get eaten up against an elite passing team...

Anyways, should be a good one. Would love winning this game.
    Shouldn't be looking ahead but if we win and cincy beats San Diego, then Colts travel to Denver next weekend. If our top CBs aren't back, Manning might break every single playoff passing record

<3

vCash
    Today's injury report...

Brown/Butler/Davis/Toler, RJF, McGlynn, Redding, Bjoern all fully practiced

DHB was limited

Franklin and Moala DNP

From the opposing side, Dwayne Bowe practiced today. Eric Fisher (the no. 1 pick, OT) hurt his groin in practice and his status for the game Saturday is in doubt.

#iubb

vCash
    I'm hopeful that the guys who have these nagging injuries all have a "there is no tomorrow" mindset.

vCash
    Important to have all our corners healthy so they can matchup with the wrs and let everyone else focus on Charles.

<3

vCash
    I haven't seen anyone mention the blackouts looming. I know Tuesday we had like 6-7k left and Cincy had 10k....and I saw an article today that said Green Bay shockingly had 7.5k left unsold. Haven't seen any updated numbers today on us or Cincy. I got my tickets when they first went on sale...not sure where but they were a little high for what I wanted to pay...a friend acquired them so this shouldn't cause me any issues, but it would be embarrassing as a fan base as well as the NFL if one or more of these games is out locally....especially the Packers. Outdated rules and regulations and the owners basically could care less about not selling 7k tickets if it means angering the fan base...or at least I hope that is the way they think...the broadcasting station would lose more than what they would pay to buy all the tickets just in advertising dollars as well.

Are they still forcing all season ticket holders to pay for 2 games no matter what even with us not even being guaranteed another home game if we go all the way to the Super Bowl? I know that used to be the policy and with us being the 4 seed I can understand quite a few people not wanting to pony up the cash for both. I know they didn't do refunds for the 2nd game if it didn't happen, but thought they put your unused playoff tickets towards next year's season tickets...but that might not be correct.

I'm wondering who and if a local business or TV/Radio station will step up to avoid a blackout which I couldn't imagine happening in the playoffs.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 01-02-2014 at 11:31 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    I haven't seen anyone mention the blackouts looming. I know Tuesday we had like 6-7k left and Cincy had 10k....and I saw an article today that said Green Bay shockingly had 7.5k left unsold. Haven't seen any updated numbers today on us or Cincy. I got my tickets when they first went on sale...not sure where but they were a little high for what I wanted to pay...a friend acquired them so this shouldn't cause me any issues, but it would be embarrassing as a fan base as well as the NFL if one or more of these games is out locally....especially the Packers. Outdated rules and regulations and the owners basically could care less about not selling 7k tickets if it means angering the fan base...or at least I hope that is the way they think...the broadcasting station would lose more than what they would pay to buy all the tickets just in advertising dollars as well.

Are they still forcing all season ticket holders to pay for 2 games no matter what even with us not even being guaranteed another home game if we go all the way to the Super Bowl? I know that used to be the policy and with us being the 4 seed I can understand quite a few people not wanting to pony up the cash for both. I know they didn't do refunds for the 2nd game if it didn't happen, but thought they put your unused playoff tickets towards next year's season tickets...but that might not be correct.

I'm wondering who and if a local business or TV/Radio station will step up to avoid a blackout which I couldn't imagine happening in the playoffs.
    That right there is why this will not happen. The broadcast stations/NFL would lose FAR more than any supposed non sold tickets would make them. I have little doubt one way or the other they will announce that all tickets are sold for each game. The NFL is far to controlling of its image to let something like this happen. Though its complete ******** that it is even a story when your talking about a game played in an almost wholly public financed stadium. I fully expect sooner rather than later that the broadcast rules for sporting events to be addressed.

As far as the Packers I had read that to start the year if you wanted to put money down on playoff tickets that they weren't going to be refunded if they didn't make the playoffs. That the money would then be rolled forward towards next seasons balance for the tickets. That many refused to give the team what seemed to be a free loan in the event they didn't make it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post
    That right there is why this will not happen. The broadcast stations/NFL would lose FAR more than any supposed non sold tickets would make them. I have little doubt one way or the other they will announce that all tickets are sold for each game. The NFL is far to controlling of its image to let something like this happen. Though its complete ******** that it is even a story when your talking about a game played in an almost wholly public financed stadium. I fully expect sooner rather than later that the broadcast rules for sporting events to be addressed.

As far as the Packers I had read that to start the year if you wanted to put money down on playoff tickets that they weren't going to be refunded if they didn't make the playoffs. That the money would then be rolled forward towards next seasons balance for the tickets. That many refused to give the team what seemed to be a free loan in the event they didn't make it.
    The sad thing is that unless people start not buying tickets, teams will continue to do things like this. So you either run the risk of not getting tickets to a playoff game or they have you for another year....or you lose your money completely if you don't re up your tickets. Blackout rules are a joke when teams can put a tarp over seats and suddenly they aren't seats anymore...playoff ticket sales are even bigger of a joke and I have no clue why the broadcast stations haven't challenged them....you lose a lot of viewers and $ when you are showing caddy shack 2 instead of the local team...even a bad team will get some viewership, especially when it would be the only NFL broadcast in that area.

The publicly financed argument I constantly hear is something I can't really get behind though...We don't get access to the cameras on cop cars or have a feed to the oval office or air force one and they are paid for by tax money...nor do I get the monster truck rally, motocross, concerts (do the do them in LOS?) or whatever the hell else they decide to do at the stadium live on my local TV station, and nobody blinks an eye at that...not to mention that the Pacers also play in a publicly financed stadium which doesn't even have games broadcast on what I call Antenna TV (free channel you can pick up with a basic package or over the air), nor do get access to watch some of the bigger conventions that are held in the convention center that also used tax $...you have to pay to get into those (or your company does) and they don't even offer those on TV if it does get sold out. The city gets piles of tax money from ticket, merch, and concession sales that wouldn't be there if the city hadn't put up the cash to build the stadium. That is before you factor in things like Parking in city lots, eating in restaurants around the stadium...circle center pre game shopping etc that also brings in extra tax $. So while I think the stations be attacking the blackout rules, I don't see any correlation anywhere else to public funded buildings and free access to view what goes on there from home so I just don't understand the infatuation with thinking it should.

vCash
    KC may be without Hali.

<3

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast