Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Salary Cap

vCash

Salary Cap

I was looking at our salary cap and we have a problem.
    Each individual team is required to spend a minimum of 89%, also known as the “cap floor.” When individual teams don’t meet the minimum team cash spending of 89%, a shortfall payment will be made directly to players who were on that roster for the applicable season.
    By instituting a cap floor in a limited economy, the NFL ensures that all teams are at least spending the same amount on their payroll. Does this mean teams overpay for mediocre talent? Absolutely. But there’s a solution to that: scout better.
    This is the problem Al had and I believe we will be in the same problem now because players do not want to come here. Lets face it Allen does not draw any top talent. We have too much money and will have to spend it. I don't think there is enough FA top talent that would come here for us to spend the money on. So what then the extra money gets divided up between the players on the roster. After we get whoever is willing to come here or who nobody else wants. This is the future of our off season. Just what I am observing. Everyone thinks its great we have so much money to spend its not it means we have no talent and there isn't enough of it in FA to fix our problems more 1 year contracts great player that will only play half a year because they are trying to get work next year. We are not in a great position at all don't you all get your hopes up for those top FAs when they get signed somewhere else.

And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.

vCash
    Uh, I'm not sure what you mean by all of this, but I can assure you that even a blind man can spend this money without any problem.

First, Reggie will most likely sure up Veldheer other players that he wants to stick around. Then he'll wait for the second tier of free agents to begin his work...maybe we sign a big name free agent but one at the most.

To spend this money he could also front load the every contract and pay them the most of the contract up front.

Trust me dude, there is a ton of ways to spend 70 million.
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    There are only so many teams with so much money. We have the most so we shouldn't have issues getting people who want to be here. Key is to retain some of our guys and be smart adding to it.

vCash
    If we keep this coaching staff then they better have a damn good plan laid out entering fa. I would hope they have identified personnel they want to target so they can hit the ground running.

vCash

answer

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaraider View Post
    Uh, I'm not sure what you mean by all of this, but I can assure you that even a blind man can spend this money without any problem.

First, Reggie will most likely sure up Veldheer other players that he wants to stick around. Then he'll wait for the second tier of free agents to begin his work...maybe we sign a big name free agent but one at the most.

To spend this money he could also front load the every contract and pay them the most of the contract up front.

Trust me dude, there is a ton of ways to spend 70 million.
    there will not be a problem spending the money the point is there are only so many free agents we will pay too much for players because we have too much money.The rules are you have to spend the money or it goes to the players on the roster anyways. The team has to be built over time with draft and FA when you have crap for drafted players to sign and not enough FA to make the team its not good because you got rid of everyone this is a problem. The team has been gutted lots of money the problem there is not enough out there to make it right. We should not have gotten rid of everyone we did. There has been massive mistakes made that will set us back as bad as what needed to be fixed when AL was here. I am sorry but this is how I see it from a business stand point other teams do not just give up there best players. We will cause people to get paid more then they should. It will hurt us in long run.
    Last edited by Hot Darts; 12-31-2013 at 02:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fade to Black View Post
    There are only so many teams with so much money. We have the most so we shouldn't have issues getting people who want to be here. Key is to retain some of our guys and be smart adding to it.
    Good players do not want to be here. They know we have crap for coaches and are in the toughest division in football. We are in deep chit.

vCash
    Right now with this whole situation we are in, of course nobody wants to play or coach here, but the team is digging it's way out of this hell it was in. But one thing people need to understand is that this is the Oakland Raiders! Once this situation plays itself out, who would not want to bring this legendary franchise back from the dead once it's on the right track! I'm not getting on a soap box about the Nation, but every other team are second fiddle to this team when it comes to fan support. Once we are on the right track... players will come...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Darts View Post
    Good players do not want to be here. They know we have crap for coaches and are in the toughest division in football. We are in deep chit.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Money talks.

vCash
    We are not the toughest division in football. That's the NFC west and it's not close.
    Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

vCash
    It isn't an issue. The salary floor is a four year average. It doesn't all have to get used in one offseason.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/2/1...t-salary-floor

vCash
    /\ Correct.

Don't worry about us getting players, because we will field a team round one next season (it sounds simplistic but there's only 32 teams a player can play for). The trick is to build and develop. I heard the team this year being described as an expansion franchise by some of the media and it's pretty much right. Young developing players who are second or third in line behind some of the NFL's best are who we should be targetting. Mix them with some vet leadership such as C-Wood and the team will move ahead next season.

My biggest concern is having our QB.

vCash
    Where do people keep hearing we have **** coaches? It's going to be a good off season and a lot of players would love to be part of the Raiders. Al Davis, as great as he was, could no longer run a football team and ran it into the ground. RM and crew did a pretty good job so far with what they had to work with. DM is not going anywhere and like I said before next year I will judge. GO RAIDERS

vCash
    I see us being forced into situations where we have to overpay marginal players. The best thing we can do for our future is front load contracts. This could lead to similiar situations however that we just got out of. People who came in for the big bonus but have no desire to play anymore after cashing in upon entry. We may find ourselves right back to where we started with paying guys who underproduce - just like the mess we tried to get rid of when we started this whole fire sale

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    We are not the toughest division in football. That's the NFC west and it's not close.
    ours is the only one with 3 teams in the playoffs.

vCash
    I disagree with Hot Darts.

Many of your arguments stem from hating Dennis Allen.

What brings in free agents??? Hmmm

1. Winning/playoffs/ rings (fail)
    2. Chance to start/showcase/star (pass for many positions)
    3. Money (Pass)
    4. Location/ proximity to fam (?)
    5. Coaching Staff (middle)
    6. Other star players (fail)
    7. Franchise History (recent fail)
    8. Scheme fits player (random)

There are tons of factors that makes up a free agent signing.

Money is always a determining factor insignif players.

I don't believe who the coach is matters as much as how a conversation with the coach goes.

Jared Allen.

We need a rush end. You will be the MAN here. You will make bank here. You can be a captain here. You can be a huge reason why we get back in top. You can be the guy that built this. Our scheme will revolve around you being able to rush the passer. You will have a huge chance to add to your legacy and sack stats because we will use you that way.

You can be the star and make the money and these fans will worship you.

Sign here please

This offseason is gonna rock

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast