Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Mel Tucker expected to be back.

Per wgn news i just saw it a couple of minutes ago.

vCash

Well, I hope he can prove me wrong next season. It's going to set us back big time if we still have a poor defense next season.

vCash
    Eh, whatever...I'm pretty neutral on the whole Tucker situation. I don't think any DC would have done with this group considering all the major injuries & regression from Peppers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Eh, whatever...I'm pretty neutral on the whole Tucker situation. I don't think any DC would have done with this group considering all the major injuries & regression from Peppers.
    This, this year felt like an even unluckier version of 2009 for our defense. Had a ton of injuries that year too and had Al Afalava starting at safety. Even with Lovie that defense was ranked 23rd overall in PPG or something like that. It's pretty amazing we almost made the playoffs with how beat up we were.

#VoteRizzo... or else

vCash

Mel Tucker expected to be back.

Too bad. Maybe he prove me wrong, but I will happy eat that crow if it happens.

Even though he may not be the best coach for players we already have, I wish we would look at Ray Horton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I find it hard to believe we'd have the worst rushing defense in NFL history since 1961 with any other DC. Especially since we're one year removed from having one of the best defenses in the NFL.

vCash
    Too bad. When your defense is historically bad someone should be held accountable. He may not have had a full deck, but he had some talent to work with. Plus it doesn't help when bostic and Greene didn't get any better. Conte and Wright should have taken steps forward this year not backwards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1127 View Post
    I find it hard to believe we'd have the worst rushing defense in NFL history since 1961 with any other DC. Especially since we're one year removed from having one of the best defenses in the NFL.
    It's not like we were even remotely close to the same team defensively once Melton, Collins, DJ, Briggs & Peanut got hurt. We were playing guys like Landon Cohen & David Bass on the DL & 2 Rookies at LB that clearly weren't ready.

Like I said, I'm very neutral on the Tucker situation. If he's back, whatever. If he's fired, whatever. I don't think it's a big deal either way until we get more talent & aren't destroyed by injuries.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 12-30-2013 at 08:00 PM.

vCash
    My exact feelings, DG.

vCash
    I am extremely disappointed. He should have been fired last night.

I have not seen anything from him (his past) to justify him even being given that position. Even though he had those injuries, there is simply no excuse for the poor communication / defensive play calling during key moments this season.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I thought he was terrible with game planning / adjustments this year.

vCash
    Can't fault Tucker for what he was given. Essentially never had a fully healthy Melton, Collins, Briggs, Peppers, or Tillman playing all at once. I can't wait to see what Emery does this off-season. I really trust him.

Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

Find ya boi on twitter @MajorJensen33

vCash
    How can you justify firing him after one year? That sends a horrible message to other coaches who would be options to replace Tucker as well. Just look at how everyone is laughing at the Browns.

Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

vCash
    4th down, blitz package, Chris Conte one on one with Randall Cobb

That's why you fire Mel Tucker, I don't give a damn about his personnel, he didn't adapt to what he had, and is the number one reason why we aren't in the playoffs.

I'm disappointed, but I hope I'm wrong about him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    4th down, blitz package, Chris Conte one on one with Randall Cobb

That's why you fire Mel Tucker, I don't give a damn about his personnel, he didn't adapt to what he had, and is the number one reason why we aren't in the playoffs.

I'm disappointed, but I hope I'm wrong about him
    If that play gets a sack you'd have a different tune to that play, I think if Conte doesn't miss his assignment we stop them. I loved the play call, he went for it all, everyone complains about the cover 2, well they didn't go cover 2 there.

vCash
    I believe that many of us were calling for Mike Tice to be fired. He was promoted to OC on January 6, 2012. He was let go January 17, 2013.

Mel Tucker did just as terrible with the Defense as Tice did with the offense.

Like I said, I hope he proves me wrong, but all this talk of "Injuries" and "one year" makes no sense to me. People are giving Tucker a pass when one is not deserved. The defense was ****ing atrocious.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast