Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

What about this QB?

The big speculation on this board seems to be between two main subjects

1- Will Mark Davis fire Dennis Allen?
    &
    2- Will the Raiders draft a QB in the first round?

We are all burning ourselves out with speculation HOWEVER lets say both of those scenarios are a NO

What does everyone think of the possibility of bringing in Michael Vick?

Many on here say we need a 2 year stop Gap QB, this might just be our guy.

Still mobile enough to avoid sacks and started forming into more of a pocket passer since turning 30. Trading Pryor for Vick might not be such a bad thing & the Eagles might just go for it since Chip Kelly has already had interest in him in the past. It will allow us to build a stronger defense and grab more weapons for Offense for when we are ready to grab that franchise QB

I liked Pryor until after the Chiefs game and I am not sold on McGloin as I believe the Houston game and garbage time has clouded his stats.

What do you think Nation?

vCash
    The guy gets injured to much,he would be a solid stop gap but is injury prone.

vCash
    Two years ago when the Raiders when going through deconstrucitioning the roster I could see a stop gap QB. Now that the Raiders have cap space and not focusing on rebuilding I dont want a stop gap QB. Vick on a min contact as a back up maybe and I mean maybe.
    Member of the Mack/Donald Crew

The David Fales QB Crew-HunterNRoss

vCash
    I'm neutral

If we bring him in we need to have a young QB to groom behind him.

I don't like the running QB mold. So it would be weird to have an offense with Vick that would probably include some running... But trying to groom a rookie into a starter within the next couple years.

You think Vick can run a traditional offense?

Don't hate it but not itchin for it either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    The guy gets injured to much,he would be a solid stop gap but is injury prone.
    If he played like he did in 2011 he could prove to be very useful. I remember him torching San Diego this year for over 400 yards & 2 TD, the guy can still play at a High level and will come in cheap if he was to get an "opportunity" to start. As for his injuries, he sat out for about 10 weeks he should be good to go now.

We have a pretty difficult schedule ahead of us next year primarily with us having to make a run through the NFC west. This would allow us to build the defense and solidify the OL while giving us a playoff caliber (wildcard quality) QB to lead this team to at least a 9-7 record
    Last edited by DatFatCat; 12-30-2013 at 06:36 PM.

vCash
    Matt McGloin will be in the mix. DA and McKenzie will bring in competition via free agency and the draft. Matt has been competing his entire life, he is up for it. I wouldn't be surprised to see him run the gauntlet and win the job, but it won't be handed to him, nor should it.

Either way the position will be upgraded.

vCash
    The reports are in dennis allen is safe but Mcgloin and Pryor are not. Da reports that do not have there qb, which means at pick five Oakland is selecting a qb. Thats what Mark Davis wants.

vCash
    I'm not sold on Vick. I'm not 100% sure on who's available, but it's not him. Heck, I'd take Jason Campbell over Vick. I think there has to be someone better out there. Regardless, I think McGloin will be back in some capacity.

vCash
    Vick is toast, never was that great to begin with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
    Vick is toast, never was that great to begin with.
    Maybe but he sure is better than anything we have on the roster at this point. Even if we were to draft a QB at the #5 spot it would be smart for us to play a veteran at QB that is more than willing to slide to a backup position when the time comes to start the Franchise player.

vCash
    TP has no trade value at all. He will be cut because the coaching staff is not smart enough to line him up at wr or maybe he can't catch.
    Vick is not the answer. He has not been any place he has played. He would be very good as a no 2 though.

vCash
    Vick is injured prone, but if they brought him in, I won't complain. He can compete with McG and we could draft a QB for the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thethrowdown View Post
    The reports are in dennis allen is safe but Mcgloin and Pryor are not. Da reports that do not have there qb, which means at pick five Oakland is selecting a qb. Thats what Mark Davis wants.
    That isn't what DA said. He said that hew wasn't sure that the QB of the future was in the building, which is coach speak for Matt McGloin needs to elevate his game and Terrelle Pryor needs to play split end. QB's will be acquired and it doesn't mean that McGloin won't be the last mans standing.

vCash
    No, certainly not as a starter, we're actually going for it now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thethrowdown View Post
    I'm pretty sure he didn't say that at all.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast