Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Mobile vs Pocket Passer?

There is a real good chance we'll see either the Niners, Seahawks or the Panthers representing the NFC in the Superbowl, all have that dual purpose/mobile QB. We won't be seeing that coming out of the AFC where it will be either Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Now since the game could be played in the cold/snow/wet doesn't that favor the mobile NFCer QB vs the great AFC QB?

If we look at the college game we are seeing more and more athetic types at the QB position. I do think the game is heading in that direction, the days of the Mannings/Bradys coming to an end.

When you know the QB can't hurt you with his feet......................

While here.

If I'm the Chargers I feel pretty wimpy, knowing the Chiefs second teamers should have beaten us.
    Last edited by CCRider; 12-30-2013 at 06:05 PM.

vCash
    Great pocket passers are still the best qbs in the nfl. Peyton, arod, brees and brady. Those mobile guys you mentioned are solid but also have the luxury of amazing defenses.

Follow 4 Follow @Procis1on

vCash
    Pocket Passers will never go out of style. They are like a good suit, skinny tie, fedora, with a cigar and a glass of whiskey.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Procision View Post
    Great pocket passers are still the best qbs in the nfl. Peyton, arod, brees and brady. Those mobile guys you mentioned are solid but also have the luxury of amazing defenses.
    The thing is we are seeing more and more mobile QB's coming out of the colleges. Look at the Championship game for an example. So if we aren't seeing pocket passers in college.....

Do you see a pocket passer like Manning/Brady having an advantage in bad weather?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Pocket Passers will never go out of style. They are like a good suit, skinny tie, fedora, with a cigar and a glass of whiskey.
    We are seeing less and less of them right now. Look at the college game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
    We are seeing less and less of them right now. Look at the college game.
    Yet your recent Super Bowl Champ QB's are:
    Joe Flacco, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning.

Mobile QB's don't last long enough.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    I wonder how differently we would view this if Kaepernick had just won.
    [QUOTE=det32;28757687]assuming you where going to say something about me being "harsh" or "hatting" on Wilson.. i hate to brake it to you but he is a "borderline starter" at best.. my 20th- 25th QB.. that's not hating that's just being real.. /QUOTE]

vCash
    Yet your recent Super Bowl Champ QB's are:
    Joe Flacco, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning.

Mobile QB's don't last long enough.
    The Niners were a bad non call from winning last year. Aaron Rodgers is a mobile QB in my book.

I am talking about from here on out as opposed to back in the day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I wonder how differently we would view this if Kaepernick had just won.
    I just mentioned that, the Niners did get robbed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
    I just mentioned that, the Niners did get robbed.
    Sorry I didn't read through. I'm of the type that thinks we're evolving towards a more "mobile QB" type league. Though this year it really made me look stupid because everyone pulled back.
    [QUOTE=det32;28757687]assuming you where going to say something about me being "harsh" or "hatting" on Wilson.. i hate to brake it to you but he is a "borderline starter" at best.. my 20th- 25th QB.. that's not hating that's just being real.. /QUOTE]

vCash
    If you can read a defense which begins with the safeties, you can execute an offense regardless of whether you are mobile or not.

vCash
    Rodgers isn't a mobile QB. He's a pocket passer. He can move. He ends up with similar running as to Ben, Alex Smith, and a few others.

To me a mobile QB is one who gets run plays called specifically for them.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    I don't know how you define "mobile", but Aaron Rodgers is easily one of the most mobile QBs in the league. His footwork/athleticism is unreal and if needed could run with the best of them. But you must think of mobile as a QB with a running mentality.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Sorry I didn't read through. I'm of the type that thinks we're evolving towards a more "mobile QB" type league. Though this year it really made me look stupid because everyone pulled back.
    The rules still favor a classic pocket passer though. And as long as they do a pocket passer will always have an advantage.

I think the days of the QB being looked at as a statue are gone. We're going to see more athletic guys that stay in shape at the position. Ben, ARod, Tannehill, EJ, Luck. They don't rely on their running or mobility, but can rip one off when need be.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    Rodgers isn't a mobile QB. He's a pocket passer. He can move. He ends up with similar running as to Ben, Alex Smith, and a few others.

To me a mobile QB is one who gets run plays called specifically for them.
    I have three distinctions.

Pocket: Brady, Peyton

Mobile: Ben, Rodgers

Running: What you call mobile. RGIII, Kaepernick, Newton. Wilson fringes on the two but he's closer to Mobile.

To me mobile is the future. They're going to want guys with legs. Not to run QB Power but to be able to run when needed and run close to middle of the road linebacker speed.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast