Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The A-Rod E-Mails

Unsure if this is true or not. But RAB had a story on this with a link to the actual article.

I put the steroid comments from leviene in bold.

In December 2007, Randy Levine, president of the New York Yankees, helped re-sign third-baseman Alex Rodriguez to a ten-year contract worth $275 million, which was, and still is, the richest contract in the history of professional sports. For Levine, it was a giant bet, an Empire State Building–size stack of chips on the possibility that A-Rod, by consensus the best hitter and all-around player in baseball, would add to the Yankees’ bulging shelf of championships while mounting a serious campaign to break the home-run record. For Rodriguez, the contract was both a recognition of his immense talent and an outlandish promise to keep. It goes without saying that, over the course of a Yankees tenure that included two MVP years and a world championship, numerous slumps and streaks, and a pair of drug scandals that have come to define his career as much as his talent has, the men would have much to talk about, which they did primarily via e-mail. In the course of reporting the magazine’s December 9, 2013, cover story (“Chasing A-Rod”), I viewed a trove of the electronic correspondence between Rodriguez and Levine, a selection of which is excerpted below.

May 11, 2011
    The Yankees lose to the Royals 4-3; Rodriguez, batting cleanup, collects just one hit in five at-bats.

Levine: Hey, tough game, I’m worried about your health, u sure u r ok? You look to me like you’re a little off. If just a slump, you will come out, but if more, let me know.

Rodriguez: Hey Randy, yes, tough game. Just a little jumpy at the plate. I feel fine. I’ve been working hard with Kevin Long [Yankees hitting coach]. I will start hitting soon. My team needs me. We will win tomorrow. Have a great night.

May 17, 2011
    Rodriguez hits two home runs, leading the team to a win over Tampa Bay.

Levine: Way to go, welcome back … enjoy start of a roll.

Rodriguez: Yessir!! Our team needs me to hit and lead us.

Levine: U are the man. I told u that for years. U can and will do it.

October 2, 2011
    The divisional series against Detroit is tied at one game apiece.

Levine: u r the leader … Keep confidence strong, get us home.

Two years earlier, Rodriguez had carried the Yankees through the World Series; against the Tigers, Rodriguez hits justs .111 and the Yankees lose the playoff series three games to two.

March 25, 2012
    Rodriguez is hit by a pitch in a preseason game.

Levine: Ouch. Feel better.

Rodriguez: Can’t hurt me.

Levine: It hurt me watching.

Rodriguez: HA!

May 21, 2012
    The Yanks are shut out by the Royals.

Levine: My friend, I have always believed that in difficult times there r two ways to go. The easy way, which is to make excuses, be defensive, or blame others and shut it down. The better way is to take the challenge, get mad, get determined, and shut everyone up and perform to greater levels. I believe in u. I believe u will hit those levels. It has been a tough year in injuries, tough losses, underperformance, but we need a leader, that is you. Take the lead, get these guys going, put a chip on your shoulder. When u succeed it will be Yankees lore. There is nothing more powerful than that. I am here to support u. Tell us what u need.

Rodriguez: You are 100% correct. This is no time for blame or excuses. Is time for me to be a leader and rally the troops. I feel if I perform at a high level, put a chip on my shoulder and lead the way, then my mates will follow my lead. Is not how you start, but how you finish. Let’s get it going tonight. Thanks for the support and stay in touch.

May 23, 2012
    Rodriguez homers twice against the Royals in an 8-3 Yankees victory, Rodriguez’s first home runs in 52 at-bats.

Levine: Breakout game. Nice going. Chip on shoulder attitude. Get us on a roll.

July 30, 2012
    Rodriguez is out with an injury, having fractured his hand five days earlier when hit by a pitch. Levine makes a reference to performance-enhancing drugs that he later refers to as a “bad joke.”

Levine: How r u feeing since u left Robby [Cano] under 200, he needs some steroids fast!

August 21, 2012
    With A-Rod still out, Levine again makes a possibly comic drug reference.

Levine: Hey, what’s up with Robby. This guy must not be using the liquid. U didn’t tell me what did Chris and Steve say your ETA is. Don’t rush it unless u r right. We need you. Nova looks like he may need a breather. What do u see.

September 22, 2012
    Rodriguez gets two key hits in a fourteen-inning victory that keeps the Yankees in first place. The chip on the shoulder the two have spoken about has become a nickname: Chip.

Levine: Way to go best win of year. U had walkoff mesa nerves. U stepped up do it tomorrow. Chip. Proud of u.

Rodriguez: Huge win. … Very nervous. Need to win tomorrow. Chip

Levine: That’s what leaders do.

That fall, the Yankees win their division, but Rodriguez has another terrible postseason, managing just a single hit in the championship series against Detroit, in which they are swept. In early December, Rodriguez is diagnosed with a torn labrum—a left-hip injury. Even the Yankees seem relieved. Says general manager Brian Cashman, “The struggles we saw in September and October are more likely than not related to [the injury].”

At home in Miami, Rodriguez begins “prehabbing,” building strength before the surgery, which is scheduled for January.
    This is the article:

http://nymag.com/news/sports/alex-ro...emails-2014-1/

This is the RAB article that directed me there.

http://riveraveblues.com/2013/12/mus...-emails-98219/

I wonder what comes of these emails, if anything. If they are indeed true.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 12-30-2013 at 05:14 PM.

vCash
    I remember one guy who told u all Bob was gonna be popped for juice soon........just a matter of time.

Leo knows things.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    I remember one guy who told u all Bob was gonna be popped for juice soon........just a matter of time.

Leo knows things.
    I will laugh if this happens

RUDY

vCash
    The most disturbing thing about the emails is that the president of the Yankees uses "u" and "r" in his text messages.
    <a href=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg/240px-Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg target=_blank>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._1%2C_2012.jpg</a>

BA: .269 HR: ONE! RBI: 14 SB: 6 AGE: 40

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    The most disturbing thing about the emails is that the president of the Yankees uses "u" and "r" in his text messages.
    i was thinking the same

vCash
    Levine is such an ***.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I will laugh if this happens
    It doesn't take a brain surgeon to read between the lines:

- this report
    - bobs 'secretary' on all the Biogenesis stuff
    - hr derby champ
    - yanks let him go
    - oh, and he's gigantic
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Melky did steroids arod did steroids montero did steroids cervelli did steroids. All canos friends. No doubt he is on them too in my mind

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Melky did steroids arod did steroids montero did steroids cervelli did steroids. All canos friends. No doubt he is on them too in my mind
    I should have listed that. And Bartolo and Ortiz are his best friends. Hi.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    I should have listed that. And Bartolo and Ortiz are his best friends. Hi.
    It actually makes too much sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    It actually makes too much sense.
    I don't think MLB is really interested in catching everyone of cheating. Long balls puts butts in the seats.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/health/...215413631.html

vCash
    A-Rod needs pep talks. I can only imagine the emails to Jeter.

Levine: Tough game captain r u going to be ok?

Jeter: ...

Levine: Hey you did not reply to my last email r u ok?

Levine: How is rehab going?

Levine: Can you please give me one freakin reply and not treat me like a nobody!

Jeter: Your hair is funny.

Levine: **** you!

Jeter: I'm sorry, I sent you a gift basket.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash

Leo knows things.

How funny will it be if he gets busted now?! I would laugh for a long time

This little piggie went wee-wee-wee all over himself.

But how? How does it wee?

vCash
    Why does Levine have that dumb shaved section near each ear?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    How funny will it be if he gets busted now?! I would laugh for a long time
    I'd love it.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast