Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tony Parker used an anti-Semitic gesture described as a “reverse” Nazi salute.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1561092

Jewish Human rights group want an apology. Parker knows better. He's always been a douche.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1561092

Jewish Human rights group want an apology. Parker knows better. He's always been a douche.
    How long have you known him? Aside from the Brent Barry thing, what else makes you say that? & BTW, he released a statement on this already

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    How long have you known him?
    He smashed a teammate's wife and hangs out with thug rappers. Stop being a homer. Now he's throwing up Nazi gestures. Parker knows the significance of Nazi gestures.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

I don't have time to read more into the gesture and how it originated with that comic, but if his bit is clearly about antisemitism, than Parker is a moron. Don't do that. You're never going to get away with anything that even remotely scratches the surface of antisemitism.

That's a Nazi salute now?

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    How long have you known him? Aside from the Brent Barry thing, what else makes you say that? & BTW, he released a statement on this already
    link?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    That's a Nazi salute now?
    Did you read the article at all?

Media making something out of nothing what a surprise....

Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    Did you read the article at all?
    Article doesn't go into details of how that became a Nazi salute outside of some comedian. I'm asking how is that a Nazi salute. Did some idiot just make some random gesture, name it and people started to buy into the concept or what?

Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    link?
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...versial-photos

Hope he tears an acl.

I seriously cant stand for racism, especially with that stupid smirk he has in that picture, like that ish is sweet.

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    He smashed a teammate's wife and hangs out with thug rappers. Stop being a homer. Now he's throwing up Nazi gestures. Parker knows the significance of Nazi gestures.
    What he did to his teammate is obviously wrong. No denying that... But you're saying he's always been a douche. And you say cause who he hangs out with? Sounds kind of ignorant to me. Especially when you consider he used to be a rapper (albeit not a great one) so he has some ties with that industry and surely makes sense if he associates himself with some of them.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    I want to say I have NEVER seen that sign and have NO clue what's its cultural implications are. That said, here are my issues.

1: I see people pose like that all the time in light-hearted media shots, with no meaning tied in with the gesture. DJ's and rap artists who fold their arms or lean in to or away from the camera. I don't think it even means anything to them. It MAY mean something to Parker, but he MAY be as oblivious to whatever it might mean as I am.

2: It is described as a reverse Nazi symbol. If is is a "reverse", does that make it the opposite of? Meaning, that it stands in opposition to the original form.

3: How is that a reverse Nazi gesture? Which gesture are they referring to?

4: I'm sure Parker knows that Nazis hated Blacks as well as Jews. Even if Parker is anti-Semitic (and I'm not saying he is), it would make NO sense for him to join the KKK or go with Nazi signs just because they are also anti-Semitic groups. I mean, I don't see anti-Semitic Black dudes opening their own division of the KKK.

This story doesn't have enough details to be honest. I think we need more context.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

I'm french, and I think you have no idea what you are talking about. I don't like Tony Parker for many reasons, but this is ridiculous.

This gesture is done by Dieudonne, who is a comedian who want to do a revolution. A revolution by the "quenelle", he wants that millions of people do this gesture to show their support. It's far from being antisemitism, it's more like "**** the system". A couple of weeks ago, a politician decided that this quenelle was antisemite and it was a reverse nazi ****. Since the beginning, it was definitely more like "my arm deeply in your ***" to show that the government is ****ing us.

At the time TP did this, many years ago, it just mean: "I like Dieudonne" who was a very good comedian, before he become some kind of revolutionary.

these days everything is anti semitic how pathetic.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast