Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Team Complaints and Thoughts

Packers fan who is real excited for the playoff run here. I've gone back and forth in my mind on whether or not we have a shot at the super bowl. Mostly I've thought no, but I believe it can be done if we play a certain way.

Everybody knows the defense is bad and basically is always bad in the playoffs and in general except for 2010. So as a coach and team they should just embrace that fact or rather just accept their obvious and glaring limitations.

I don't like our chances in any playoff game if we score much less than 35 points. So there it is. Maybe McCarthy has finally learned what team we have when he said we are going to cut Rodgers loose. The ball control, high completion percentage, low INT style of play that we usually see is textbook and works on most teams, but not ours. We simply don't have the defense to play traditional football.

If Rodgers averages 1-2 INT's a playoff game and has a lower completion percentage I won't care if he plays to score. That means more forcing the football into tighter windows. More aggressiveness and less willingness to take a sack and just go for it.

If we give the other team a 30 yard field versus an 80 yard field who gives a crap? Most likely the drive ends in points.

As for the defense just lining up in base defense for 3 downs and trying to win won't work. We need to put all our chips in and if we get burnt 3-4 times a game, whatever. At least we'll be able to get off the field more often.

So I hope McCarthy finally realizes the limitations of his football team because my God he's been thick in the skull over these years. Just go for it, Mike. Screw the prettiness and efficiency and the stats. Just go for it in these playoffs.

vCash
    Glad you aren't the head coach then....

vCash
    5 wide running nothing but 9 routes and 11 man blitzes... makes sense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Mitten View Post
    5 wide running nothing but 9 routes and 11 man blitzes... makes sense
    Allowing basically 28+ points every game because you suck at defense and then not adjusting your scheme or philosophy or doing really anything... anything is insanity, ego or incompetence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by holditdown View Post
    Everybody knows the defense is bad and basically is always bad in the playoffs and in general except for 2010. So as a coach and team they should just embrace that fact or rather just accept their obvious and glaring limitations.
    Actually, I believe with the Offense at nearly full strength it will actually make the D better. Less time on the field as well as the opponent having to game plan differently. I believe, as I am sure most of you do, that last years playoff game would have been entirely different if Ross didn't fumble. It would have made SF game plan differently, esp if GB goes down and scores.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullets View Post
    Actually, I believe with the Offense at nearly full strength it will actually make the D better. Less time on the field as well as the opponent having to game plan differently. I believe, as I am sure most of you do, that last years playoff game would have been entirely different if Ross didn't fumble. It would have made SF game plan differently, esp if GB goes down and scores.
    We were at nearly full strength in 2009, 2011, 2012. That didn't stop the defense from playing poorly.

As for last year against the 49ers 1 fumble does not stop Kaeperknick from teeing off on the defense like they were a rec league.

vCash
    I think we are the best when we are moving the ball slow down the field with really long drives. Run the ball, dink and dunk and the big play will be there when we need it. That will help the defense too. The defense can make a few stops a game, so they will be best when we are not competing in shoot outs.

vCash
    The Pack are going to have to spread all Defenses out with all their wide outs and pass at least 50 times in all games. In the NFC there is no Offence that can stay with the Pack, only the Saints in a shoot out. Just think the Pack can spread all the Defenses with: Nelson, Cobb, Jones, Boykin and Quarless, plus throw in Lacy and Starks I am not concern. I don't think there is any D that can keep up with that. Quarless is going to have a great playoff. That Pack are not going to be able to run the ball so short passes will make up for not being able to run the ball. Offences in the NFC: Seahawks, Panthers, Eagles, Pack, Saints and 49ers. Again there is no offence that will be able to keep up with the Pack, unless the Saints meet up with them. The Eagles are just lucky from the schedule. They say defense wins Championships but you need Offence to when the battles. Defense is needed to stop a couple drives which the Pack D can do and have shown as of late. GO PACK GO!!!

vCash

The Packers need to look heavily into "sport sciences" next year

As a Packer fan who lives in Philly, i've paid heavy attention to the new Chip Kelly offense and how he coaches. While I don't think he's gods gift to coaching as many in Philly would have you believe, I do think that there is something that we should be trying to copy heavily.

There was a lot of hype in Philly about "sport sciences" and in many ways, these ideas worked exceptionally. The Eagles are one of the least injured teams in the league, as the only real major piece getting injured was Michael Vick (which didn't matter because of Nick Foles) Not only that, the Eagles have been very efficient recently in this late of the season, which shows that their team is still fresh and able.

Now, I feel the main thing to look at is how to apply this to the Packers. Our players always seem slow late games, they get injured easily, and our defensive play has gone down hill heavily in the latter part of the season. Obviously, there's something to be said about the luck of Philly, no amount of conditioning and healthy eating will avoid you breaking a leg, but the heavy amount of hamstring injuries the Packers have should be a huge indicator that we are out of shape and not properly treating our players. Sport Sciences will healp our team in the long run, as I don't see any negative to at least trying it. Feeding them incredibly healthy food and figuring out a regime to keep them conditioned should be priority #1 in the offseason.

vCash
    Totally agree. Great avatar lol

vCash
    but this wont stop TT from drafting players who always get injured.
    the packers have so much talent...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Or Safeties who suck.

vCash
    Couldn't agree more... Idk what it is, but from Justin Harrel, to Clay Matthews, to Morgan Burnett, to Derrick Sherrod, to Bryan Bulaga, to Nick Perry, DuJaun Harris, Mike Neal, etc... we just always seem to have an inexcusable amount of injuries. Whether it's these guys not training properly, or our training staff borderline incompitent, Idk. I don't have the answers. If I did, they would be put me on staf,lol...But I do know that something has to change. Whether it's TT's drafting philosphy or new training staff, something has to give. We can't keep going through this every year.

It would be one thing if it was low round picks getting hurt, but we're talking about 1-3 round picks who get injured. Way too many impact players are missing way too many games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackersJunkie View Post
    Couldn't agree more... Idk what it is, but from Justin Harrel, to Clay Matthews, to Morgan Burnett, to Derrick Sherrod, to Bryan Bulaga, to Nick Perry, DuJaun Harris, Mike Neal, etc... we just always seem to have an inexcusable amount of injuries. Whether it's these guys not training properly, or our training staff borderline incompitent, Idk. I don't have the answers. If I did, they would be put me on staf,lol...But I do know that something has to change. Whether it's TT's drafting philosphy or new training staff, something has to give. We can't keep going through this every year.

It would be one thing if it was low round picks getting hurt, but we're talking about 1-3 round picks who get injured. Way too many impact players are missing way too many games.

And there's a good chance that if someone goes down with an injury.....its a hamstring injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Ouch lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer94 View Post
    Or Safeties who suck.
    That's not the issue. He thinks he can just use a throw away pick and find a gem and he's not been able to. We've hardly invested **** into it. Burnett was going to be a monster next to Collins. That really effed us hard.

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast