Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Please Tell me why

I would just love for somebody to please tell me why
    1. Jerry Jones refuses to fire Jason garrett: This guy is a horrible coach, can't motivate players and his "culture" sucks because it is a 8-8 culture. He can't handle players and he has lost the locker room every season. Conclusion: Fire Garrett, go after a strong coach who can coach players other than "good character" guys.

2. Why is Jeff Heath on the active roster? This guy is beyond horrible and is the worst starting safety on the PLANET. He can't cover or tackle and fails to make plays when he just so happens to be in the right place. Is it Kiffin wants a player that looks like John Lynch at safety? Because Heath most def doesn't play like Lynch. Wilcox was a way better safety yet he is on the bench??????? Conclusion: Draft a safety early in the draft

3. Why was Monte Kiffin not fired? Clearly Rob is a way better coach, but we stuck with Monte Kiffin and that horrible Tampa 2. We saw it didn't work when we were giving up 500 yards a game he has to go.

4. WHy pay Romo 100 Million? He is 34 and Orton looked better running the offense and he hasn't touched the field all season long. That means we can have a QB making 2 million a season play just as well has one make 20 million a season. Also the bad offensive movement was because of ROMO Orton threw for 368 yards and Romo is struggling to throw for 200 yards in a game. Conclusion: Draft a QB in rounds 1-3 and as soon as romo has got his guaranteed money CUT HIM that same day.

5. Dallas fans and coaches can't see you will not win with "good character" guys. I say this every single season and i'm correct every single season... "Good character" guys can't get players pumped to play because nobody is going to follow a mr. goody two shoes, but they will follow the lead of a rough neck. Conclusion: Until we sign and draft thouse "questionable character" we will be 8-8, need those high emotion players on both sides of the ball. I.E (Dez Brant not Ray Curruth) "that is for the guy who will say I want hardcore criminals on the team"
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    I think Jerry likes Garrett personally....Garrett probably knows how to talk to Jerry in a way that doesn't rub Jerry's ego the wrong way. Apparently, Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells were a bigger threat to his ego.

I just think Jerry doesn't know what he's doing GM wise. He might be able to see the obvious macro moves, but the subtleties of the game like getting the most value while using money efficiently, not making emotional moves or bringing players that fit together is not something he has been able to grasp fully---and I don't expect him to. Sure, he's smart, but that's in financial matters. Football is a different animal.

vCash
    why = jerry jones the owner wont fire jerry jones the gm

vCash
    I hate to break it to everyone, but Garrett is going nowhere...Jones is insane....here is an actual quote from after the game:

Jean-Jacques Taylor 1,852 like this
    14 minutes ago
    Jerry on Jason: "We’ve put a lot of effort into training Jason Garrett. I want to take advantage of that. If we don’t have him, we don’t get payback for all the miscues and losses and criticism of sideline management. You don’t get a chance to benefit from the one way you learn - and that is the mistakes you make. So i want to have him around. "
    then there are these nuggets:

Brandon George ‏@DMN_George 17m
    Jerry Jones: "It's important to me that we have the kind of success that our fans want, and I’m the best one to ultimately make decisions."

Brandon George ‏@DMN_George 13m
    Jerry Jones on if embarrassed?: "I don’t know, would you get embarrassed if you were standing in this stadium? Seriously. The answer is no."

vCash
    Translations on the 3 quotes:

#1: Garrett is a child, and JJ thinks he knows how to "train" him....but, if you have a monkey doing the training, then you can only be as good as the monkey, right?

#2: His ego is bigger than Texas, bigger than the NFL

#3: He doesn't give a rats*** what anyone thinks. this is his toy, and he will play with it any way he wants; after all, this is entertainment and he just had 100,000 people pay to see his team lose again...cha-CHING!

vCash
    If you want to keep Garrett around you need to bring in better OC and DC who can do their own thing without much help. Mike Zimmer as a DC and a OC who has proven he can lead an offense up and down the field.

How many 8-8 seasons and missed playoff births will it take for Jerry to see that Garrett is not the answer no matter how much training they gave him? They should have trained him on how to win football games.

What bothers me the most about Garrett is he was in the locker room during the SB years so he should be trying to build that type of locker to mimic success. He saw first hand the recipe to win a SB, why is he doing the complete opposite?

vCash
    Unfortunately Garrett's history degree from Princeton (Princeton always used as the defacto measure of his alleged intelligence) doesn't translate to good in-game analysis or decisions - see Detroit, KC and GB this year and Baltimore clock management debacle last year. Good guy this guy cant coach his way out of a paper sack.. Jerry deserves him

vCash
    the irony of having a degree in history is that you sometimes are doomed to repeat it...in our case, it is a repetitive cycle

vCash
    I just wish we can boycott this damn team.
    It's apparently clear that Jerry Jones loves the circus in Dallas, and content with mediocrity as long as the Cowboys have a fighting chance at the end.
    I don't wish death upon him but damn.
    Mark Teixeira #25
    R- 20 H-30 HR-9 RBI-25 BB-19SO-27AVG-.259 OBP-.377 SLG-.509

vCash
    # 4 is so spot on....Orton's play last night proved that Romo was not worth $100M...for all the good Romo does he does equal in making mistakes in huge games...the proof is there...in each big game Romo had a horrible game...I'm willing to bet that he would've trown 3 to 4 INTs last night and countless over throws and misfires.
    i'm sctually hoping that Romo look at these reoccurring back issues and decides to retire...take advice from Aikman and go out while you can still walk...
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    OAN: did anyone else laugh at the F bombs flying around the Jones clan press box after the Orton INT.....the look on Jerry's face was hilarious...I guess in these times you gotta laught to keep from crying
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCSJR2 View Post
    OAN: did anyone else laugh at the F bombs flying around the Jones clan press box after the Orton INT.....the look on Jerry's face was hilarious...I guess in these times you gotta laught to keep from crying
    when I saw that I knew changes were going to come this offseason. I have never seen Jerry that mad before, to bad it didn't include getting rid of Garrett.

Whats funny is Dallas fires everyone around GArrett but keep him. Yet we have the same results every year he has been here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    I would just love for somebody to please tell me why
    1. Jerry Jones refuses to fire Jason garrett: This guy is a horrible coach, can't motivate players and his "culture" sucks because it is a 8-8 culture. He can't handle players and he has lost the locker room every season. Conclusion: Fire Garrett, go after a strong coach who can coach players other than "good character" guys.

2. Why is Jeff Heath on the active roster? This guy is beyond horrible and is the worst starting safety on the PLANET. He can't cover or tackle and fails to make plays when he just so happens to be in the right place. Is it Kiffin wants a player that looks like John Lynch at safety? Because Heath most def doesn't play like Lynch. Wilcox was a way better safety yet he is on the bench??????? Conclusion: Draft a safety early in the draft

3. Why was Monte Kiffin not fired? Clearly Rob is a way better coach, but we stuck with Monte Kiffin and that horrible Tampa 2. We saw it didn't work when we were giving up 500 yards a game he has to go.

4. WHy pay Romo 100 Million? He is 34 and Orton looked better running the offense and he hasn't touched the field all season long. That means we can have a QB making 2 million a season play just as well has one make 20 million a season. Also the bad offensive movement was because of ROMO Orton threw for 368 yards and Romo is struggling to throw for 200 yards in a game. Conclusion: Draft a QB in rounds 1-3 and as soon as romo has got his guaranteed money CUT HIM that same day.

5. Dallas fans and coaches can't see you will not win with "good character" guys. I say this every single season and i'm correct every single season... "Good character" guys can't get players pumped to play because nobody is going to follow a mr. goody two shoes, but they will follow the lead of a rough neck. Conclusion: Until we sign and draft thouse "questionable character" we will be 8-8, need those high emotion players on both sides of the ball. I.E (Dez Brant not Ray Curruth) "that is for the guy who will say I want hardcore criminals on the team"
    I don't completely agree with #1 on your list. I don't think the players quit on Garrett at all. I actually think they play hard for him. If he'd lost the locker room then they don't win the game against the Redskins and would have completely laid down last night. I really think Garrett is a much different guy behind closed doors in front of the players. However, he's still a, "Yes, Jerry. I agree, Jerry," kinda of coach.

What I really don't understand is how this training staff still has a job. I swear we have more hamstring injuries than a men's slow pitch softball league. These guys are supposed to be in superior shape. What in the hell is the training staff doing exactly?
    Last edited by BigDFan85; 12-30-2013 at 01:54 PM.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    If you want to keep Garrett around you need to bring in better OC and DC who can do their own thing without much help. Mike Zimmer as a DC and a OC who has proven he can lead an offense up and down the field.

How many 8-8 seasons and missed playoff births will it take for Jerry to see that Garrett is not the answer no matter how much training they gave him? They should have trained him on how to win football games.

What bothers me the most about Garrett is he was in the locker room during the SB years so he should be trying to build that type of locker to mimic success. He saw first hand the recipe to win a SB, why is he doing the complete opposite?
    Zimmer isn't going anywhere unless it's to be a HC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Translations on the 3 quotes:

#1: Garrett is a child, and JJ thinks he knows how to "train" him....but, if you have a monkey doing the training, then you can only be as good as the monkey, right?

#2: His ego is bigger than Texas, bigger than the NFL

#3: He doesn't give a rats*** what anyone thinks. this is his toy, and he will play with it any way he wants; after all, this is entertainment and he just had 100,000 people pay to see his team lose again...cha-CHING!
    Spot on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast