Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will the NFL take the record away from Peyton?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 28.57%
  • No

20 71.43%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Peyton Manning didn't break the record?

Peyton Manning broke Drew Brees' single season passing yards record by 1 yard on Sunday, or so we thought.

After looking at all of his passes, Reddit poster TryannMathieuClub has found that a 7 yard pass to Eric Decker with 1:28 left in the first quarter seems to actually be a lateral. Thus, 7 yards would be scratched from Peyton Manning leaving him 6 yards behind Drew Brees.

Essentially, this is up to the NFL to rule on, but will they actually take the record away from one of the all-time greats?

Here are images/gif

Last edited by ESaady; 12-30-2013 at 06:16 AM.

vCash
    I would think that todays results have answered this question....

vCash
    Still a pass, don't really care either way but keep hating!!

vCash
    I just thought it was interesting because it does look like a backward pass. I actually like Peyton though.
    Last edited by ESaady; 12-30-2013 at 06:46 AM.

vCash
    Hmmm, did they give back Calvin Johnson's TD, or the replacement ref bad call on the Seahawk INT/TD?

I guess the problem with taking this away is that could you find 7 plays where Drew Brees got an extra yard added to his numbers when he set the record? My guess is probably so.

I bet they could take it away if they really wanted. I remember when Reggie White went to Green Bay and played the Eagles, he had two sacks on Cunningham. The Eagles filed something to get them taken away since they said those two plays were designed runs for Randall Cunningham and should be tackles for losses instead of sacks, and the NFL went with it.

vCash
    Mountain out of a mole hill.

As Peyton said about his Passing TD record, this one will fall in another 3-5 years. NFL's passing just keeps opening and opening.

Records and numbers mean nothing in the NFL.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    What a joke the NFL would be if they took away the record. If only we could rewind the tape on every record and check for accuracy.

vCash
    You put way to much time into this....if the NFL changes the yardage then its no record, but if that does not happen get over it
    Striving for a kinder, gentler PhillyFaninLA

vCash
    I think Broncos fans care about a Super Bowl rather than a passing record. These fans did have John Elway so a good QB isn't as special as winning it all.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFaninLA View Post
    You put way to much time into this....if the NFL changes the yardage then its no record, but if that does not happen get over it
    Saw this on another site so I posted it here. Also, doesn't matter to me if he gets the record or not. I posted this because it's interesting.

vCash
    Interesting for sure. I doubt they overturn it, but it's interesting none the less.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Geez, some fans getting really offended over a simple opinion question haha

vCash
    It's Peyton, so no

vCash
    Its absolutely a backwards pass, take those yards away

Don't Be A Lemon, Be A Rosebud!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    It's Peyton, so no
    Pretty much.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast