No Better time than the present to get this underway

Use this to discuss anything related to off-season activities

NFL Schedule

1/19/14 East-West Shrine Game
    1/25/14 Senior Bowl
    1/26/14 Pro Bowl
    2/02/14 Super Bowl XLVII
    2/22/14-2/25/14 NFL Combine
    March 3 -- Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.

March 8-9 -- NFL Regional Combine, Atlanta Falcons Training Facility, Flowery Branch, Georgia.

March 8 -- Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2013 Player Contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 11. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 11.

March 11 -- Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must exercise options for 2014 on all players who have option clauses in their 2013 contracts.

March 11 -- Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit Qualifying Offers to their Restricted Free Agents with expiring contracts and to whom they desire to retain a Right of First Refusal/Compensation.

March 11 -- Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit a Minimum Salary Tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2013 contracts and who have fewer than three Accrued Seasons of free agency credit.

March 11 -- Top-51 Begins. All clubs must be under the 2014 Salary Cap prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time.

March 11 -- All 2013 player contracts will expire at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

March 11 -- The 2014 League Year and Free Agency period begin at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

The first day of the 2014 League Year will end at 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 11. clubs will receive a Personnel Notice that will include all transactions submitted to the league office during the period between 4:00 p.m., New York time, and 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 11.

March 11 -- Trading period for 2014 begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2013 contracts.

March 15 -- NFL Regional Combine, Halas Hall, Lake Forest, Illinois.

March 22 -- NFL Regional Combine, Doctors Hospital Training Facility at Nova Southeastern University, Davie, Florida.

March 22-23 -- NFL Regional Combine, Virginia Mason Athletic Center, Renton, Washington.

March 23-26 -- Annual Meeting, Orlando, Florida.

March 29 -- NFL Regional Combine, Indiana Farm Bureau Football Center, Indianapolis, Indiana.

March 29-30 -- NFL Regional Combine, Under Armour Performance Center, Owings Mills, Maryland.

April 7 -- Clubs that hired a new head coach after the end of the 2013 regular season may begin offseason workout programs.

April 12-13 -- Super Regional Combine, Ford Field, Detroit, Michigan.

April 21 -- Clubs with returning head coaches may begin offseason workout programs.

May 2 -- Deadline for Restricted Free Agents to sign Offer Sheets.

May 7 -- Deadline for Prior Club to exercise Right of First Refusal to Restricted Free Agents.

May 8-10 -- 2014 NFL Draft, New York City, New York.

May 19-21 -- NFL Spring League Meeting, Atlanta, Georgia.

June 2 -- Deadline for Prior Club to send “June 1 Tender” to its unsigned Unrestricted Free Agents. If the player has not signed a Player Contract with a Club by July 22 or the first scheduled day of the first NFL training camp, whichever is later, he may negotiate or sign a Player Contract from that date until the Tuesday following the 10th weekend of the regular season, at 4:00 p.m., New York time, only with his Prior Club.

June 2 -- Deadline for Prior Club to send “June 1 Tender” to its unsigned Restricted Free Agents who received a Qualifying Offer for a Right of First Refusal Only in order for such player to be subject to the CBA’s “June 15 Tender” provision.

June 16 -- Deadline for club to withdraw Qualifying Offer to Restricted Free Agents and still retain exclusive negotiating rights by substituting “June 15 Tender” of one-year contract at 110 percent of the player’s prior-year Paragraph 5 Salary (with all other terms of his prior-year contract carried forward unchanged).
    Last edited by Fred; 02-12-2014 at 08:16 PM.

vCash
    draft is in may now...gives me 2 extra weeks to workout.

vCash
    i mean if jeff heath can make a team, all people 18-45 should train.

vCash
    win a coin toss vs BAL and we will be picking 16.

lose last week and i think we wouldve been pick 10.

vCash
    the funny thing about the draft is that the redskins pick 2nd....oh wait....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    the funny thing about the draft is that the redskins pick 2nd....oh wait....
    lol good thing they gave away their pick for RG knee.

vCash
    the 2013 Cowboys have gone to a better place. I'm soooo glad they lost tonight.

Just look at the difference in draft position we gave up for beating Washington last week!

IMHO, the offseason talent acquisition should be prioritized as follows...

1. DL

2. OL

3. RB

4. S

I would seriously consider drafting a qb sometime after the 1st round, too...particularly if someone falls in our lap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyoverrated View Post
    the 2013 Cowboys have gone to a better place. I'm soooo glad they lost tonight.

Just look at the difference in draft position we gave up for beating Washington last week!

IMHO, the offseason talent acquisition should be prioritized as follows...

1. DL

2. OL

3. RB

4. S

I would seriously consider drafting a qb sometime after the 1st round, too...particularly if someone falls in our lap
    I would go in this order: DL DL DL DL LB DL S

Or perhaps Jerry can use the second round pick to get another TE. Go Escobar... Yay team

vCash
    Depends on a few things:
    Can we bring back Hatcher?
    Will Ware be cut or can we reduce his salary so it matches his production?
    Will we bring back Spencer?
    How much will Jerry overpay for Selvie?

Anyone that has watched this team and watched Jeff Heath starting should agree that we need to go S in the 1st round, period!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bimbambum View Post
    Depends on a few things:

Anyone that has watched this team and watched Jeff Heath starting should agree that we need to go S in the 1st round, period!
    I think Hatcher is gone - last chance to get big money that we cant afford to give him
    We wont cut Ware - too big of a hit next year - will likely resign and push money out
    I think Spencer will be gone - again cant afford him
    Agree we need help at Safety

vCash

The Official 2014 Off-Season Thread

Just read that Ware himself has said that he is willing to take a paycut based on his play. Now that's a real man there. He knows that he isn't playing up to his contract and is willing to take a cut for the betterment of the team. That's a true man in my book.

Cowboys DE DeMarcus Ware expresses willingness to take pay cut

There are growing concerns over the effectiveness of longtime defensive staple DeMarcus Ware.

It seems age and injuries are catching up to the former All-Pro defender and his play slipped this season. And that’s why there are questions over his future with the Dallas Cowboys, as Ware is set to earn $12.25 million next year and will count for more than $14 million against the salary cap.

“We’ve got a lot of things to digest that we adjusted because of cap penalties we got and we pushed them forward,” owner Jerry Jones said. “We may have to make some tough decisions related to some high salaries.”

Ware said he would be willing to take a pay cut this off-season if it was for the betterment of the team.

“At the end of the day, I’m a team player,” Ware said. “I’ll do what I need to do to help the team.”

Asked if he though Sunday might be the last game for him with the Cowboys, Ware said: “I think about it sometimes, but that’s sort of the last thing on my mind. I’ve just got to get my body right for whatever opportunities await me.”

Ware went on to reveal a laundry list of injuries he’s dealt with this season. He had issues with both of his elbows, a torn right quad that sidelined him for three consecutive games and a herniated disk in his back that flared up.

But Ware did his best to play through it and had two tackles and a fumble recovery in the season finale. He finished the season with a career-low six sacks, getting all of them in four games.

-- Drew Davison
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bimbambum:27701015
    Depends on a few things:

I'd like to see Hatcher come back but I doubt we can afford him.
    I really think DeMarcus would be willing to help the team.
    We should of let Spencer walk last year instead of tagging him.
    Good only knows it is Jerry after all.

I think we need to fix the coaching staff first and foremost. Especially or conditioning coaches. Concentrate on the defense in the Draft and free agency. The offense should be fine (other then maybe another young body for the line and a wr to possibly replace Miles).
    Just doing that could possibly gain us 4 wins next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior63 View Post

I think we need to fix the coaching staff first and foremost. Especially or conditioning coaches. Concentrate on the defense in the Draft and free agency. The offense should be fine (other then maybe another young body for the line and a wr to possibly replace Miles).
    3 years of history tells us Garrett will find a way to squander at least 2 of the 4 extra victories you have slotted for the Boys in your analysis. I think he should go but what good would it do after all? JJ would likely insert the next puppet.

vCash
    DL-Sutton/Donald (trade 1st in 2015 if Donald makes it into the second round)
    S-Clinton-Dix (who else is there worth taking?)
    LB-Have not looked into it.
    OL (this is not a weakness)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior63 View Post

We lost FIVE games by 3 points this year. That said I doubt you can fix this defense in one year to turn that around. You might get two more wins if you draft right. You cant address anything in FA being 30 million over the cap. Pushing more money back is dumb as hell. Push enough back to sign your picks and Dez (Jerry isnt letting him go) then pray its enough, and the division sucks *** as well next year.

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast