Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Mike Shanahan For OC?

Looks like the Redskins are going to let him go. If Roman leaves I'd be more than happy to bring Shanahan back home to SF. Thoughts.....Possible? Desirable?

vCash
    I don't think he'd be interested, and it wouldn't want him. I'd prefer a Harbaugh guy, and that's only IF Roman leaves, which isn't guaranteed.

vCash
    id rather have norv turner back.

vCash
    I'd love Shanahan, but I very much doubt he'd be interested in an OC position. Kubiak would be nice though.

vCash
    I've just read a two articles saying Washington might be interested in Roman (lol) because he has the ability to coach Griffin through his struggles. Here's one:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...df2_story.html

Help could come from coaches who are used to working with the NFLís other top dual-threat quarterbacks. As mentioned in this space previously, San Francisco 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman and Seattle Seahawks play-caller Darrell Bevell have the right backgrounds to help Griffin rebound.

Roman has guided quarterback Colin Kaepernick in two successful seasons. Kaepernick shook off a rough stretch this fall and ranks 12th in the league with an 89.9 passer rating . Bevellís success in tutoring Russell Wilson has been obvious from the seasonís opening kickoff: Wilsonís 101.1 passer rating ranks seventh in the NFL. The Redskins have noticed.

Bevell and Roman should be on a short list to replace Shanahan because of the Griffin factor, a team official told me before Sundayís season finale. The Redskins, he said, owe it to themselves to hire a coach who can help them determine what they have in Griffin. And after Kirk Cousinsís shaky performance in his three-game audition (forget about the Redskins getting a first-round pick for him), thereís no doubt Griffin still is the teamís best option at the gameís most important position.

vCash
    I agree with richie, if we're lucky enough to get rid of Roman, Harbaugh will bring one of "his guys". I wouldn't expect a high profile name.

vCash
    I don't want an OC that will jump ship for a HC job at the drop of a hat like Shanny or Turner, I'd like to see a guy establish a 4-5 year system at least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35:27701680
    I don't want an OC that will jump ship for a HC job at the drop of a hat like Shanny or Turner, I'd like to see a guy establish a 4-5 year system at least.
    I would like that too. With the personnel they have though, the right guy "should" mean multiple championships which to me means a guy who could jump ship may be the best idea for the now. As long as it's a guy who's system uses the same terminology, it should be fairly smooth to transition in a full offseason. NE has been doing that for years. Different guys running similar systems where the terminology remains pretty much a constant. Kubiak and Shanahan both run a WCO. Turner does not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Agreed. Not sure if there are any guys like that though

vCash
    I don't like Shanahan, never have. I also agree with most here, Harb's would want to bring in one of his guys - my only question is if there is really any truths to those rumors about some sort of rift between Baalke & Harbs, and if so would Baalke try to insert himself and make it one of his guys.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze:27702130
    I don't like Shanahan, never have. I also agree with most here, Harb's would want to bring in one of his guys - my only question is if there is really any truths to those rumors about some sort of rift between Baalke & Harbs, and if so would Baalke try to insert himself and make it one of his guys.
    Who was Niners OC when they last won the SB?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    I know.... but I still just don't like the guy. Something about him rubs me wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    I know.... but I still just don't like the guy. Something about him rubs me wrong.
    Probably living in Denver and watching all of his commercials and leading the Broncos to 2 SB wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze:27702179
    If you mean as a person, I can't disagree with you. I don't really know much about him in that respect. Kubiak is my first choice, but honestly, any QB savvy OC who understands the passing game would be nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Probably living in Denver and watching all of his commercials and leading the Broncos to 2 SB wins.
    LOL, no we didn't live here then. Only had a few years of having to hear about him on the radio/TV/everyf**kingthing. But I will grant you that may have something to do with it.

If you mean as a person, I can't disagree with you. I don't really know much about him in that respect. Kubiak is my first choice, but honestly, any QB savvy OC who understands the passing game would be nice.
    I'd rather Kubiak too. I would though honestly like to see some "new blood" brought in. Someone who might be better able to understand Kaep and his style of play, and then scheme and plan around that. Roman just doesn't seem to get that, and why Harb's keeps letting it go on... I'm not sure other than "we're winning".

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast