Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official 2014 offseason thread

who do you want as our coaches?

who do you want in Free agency?

and finally who do you want in the Draft?

Ill start by giving what i think would help us..

Coaching Staff: if the rumors are true and Bill Cowher is "leader in the clubhouse" to replace Shanahan, then that would be great... he would surely reunite with some of his great old coaches like Ken wisenhunt and fix the defense that has the most wasted talent in the nfl...

if the rumors are false, then there are still lots of great options..Wisenhunt, Lovie smith (at least as a DC), David Shaw or jay Gruden

the priority of whoever comes in has to be to nurture RG3 into an elite pocket-passer or at least a good one given his supreme talent, and wisenhunt is the perfect guy.

[B]Free agency:[/B] Re-sign orakpo for the right price...if you cant franchise him and it becomes a bidding game, let him walk.
    lock up riley, baker, and hall to long-term deals..none will break the bank.

target 1 or 2 young free agents at the right price like Alex mack, Jarius byrd, Michael Oher, Eugene Monroe, or Brandon Spikes....again, dont get into a bidding game..

continue the trend of smart signings like Coefield, Bowen, Garcon, Hall, and Wilson.

Draft:
    Early in the draft..
    assuming we dont sign any FAs to fill the void, target an ILB, #2 WR, or RT in the 2nd and 3rd...(there arent a lot of good safeties)...

then continue drafting for value....

vCash
    How nice it would be to be able to draft Clowney

FAAANDAAANGOOO!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    How nice it would be to be able to draft Clowney
    not a position of need and he's falling because of motivation and off the field concerns...The RG3 trade proves that without a top shotcaller, you cant get very far.... what have the rams done in the past 3 years?

accumulated ridiculous talent and have two 7-9 campaigns to show for it... because they are stuck at the QB...as far as i am concerned, clowny's value doesnt even come close to the value of a franchise QB that we expect out of RG3...

vCash
    While having the #2 pick in the draft would be great, I think this year is one of the better years to not have our first round pick.

Any player we would get at #2 would be a tremendous prospect, but none of the top guys available fit this team.

We don't need a QB, Clowney doesn't really fit in a 3-4, and we have two great pass rushers already, and drafting a RT at #2 is a bit of a waste.

We'd either be handcuffed, or forced to trade out. I'd still love to have that pick, but I guess it's not as bleak as it could be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    While having the #2 pick in the draft would be great, I think this year is one of the better years to not have our first round pick.

Any player we would get at #2 would be a tremendous prospect, but none of the top guys available fit this team.

We don't need a QB, Clowney doesn't really fit in a 3-4, and we have two great pass rushers already, and drafting a RT at #2 is a bit of a waste.

We'd either be handcuffed, or forced to trade out. I'd still love to have that pick, but I guess it's not as bleak as it could be.
    my point exactly... our needs are ILB, RT, FS, and WR... no guy in any of these positions is graded highly enough for us to take #2 overall without being a major reach.....

the good thing is we will definitely have options in the 2nd round..Louisville S Calvin Pryor is declaring for the draft...6'2 S that can run and hit.... i am curious to see what the experts like mayock think of him

if i had to guess as of NOW, i would say Mosley, Skov, Pryor, and Bucannon will be there for us defensively..

offensively, OTs are always extremely reached for and WRs tend to slide to the late 1st early 2nd..Lee, evans, and watkins will probably all go in the 1st.... after that Allen Robinson, Jordan Matthews, Brandon Coleman, Jaelen Strong, and Kelvin Benjamin would be options...

i personally think Jordan Mathews and allen robinson are freaking STUDS.... robinson has insane speed and YAC ability at 6'3 and mathews has only averaged about 100 catches a year on a team with NO QB playing in the SEC.....thats insane

vCash
    Defensive line isn't a position of need? Wow..thats news to me, I think every defensive position outside of OLB(depending what we do with Orakpo) is a position of need. If Haslett is eventually let go and we switch to a 4-3 than no DE isn't a need, unless a)Orakpo doesn't get resigned and we could draft Clowney to take his place, which certainly would be cheaper, or b) we resign orakpo, and would be open to move Kerrigan to OLB and have clowney be the DE opposite of orakpo. Obviously this is all hypothetical since we don't have the #2

If we had the #2 pick and Haslett stays (therefore keeping the 3-4), theres no doubt in my mind we would take either Clowney or Matthews for o-line help. Not sure what the rams QB situation has to do with us, They drafted the best QB coming out of college, and to this point he's not panning out to be the superstar QB they have hoped.
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 01-02-2014 at 11:15 AM.

FAAANDAAANGOOO!

vCash
    i think you are missing the point here... we were basically trying to point out the fact that regardless of how many studs you might have on D, the QB is ultimately what makes or breaks a team, and these are your priorities if you want to have longevity in success.
    1. Get the franchise QB
    2. put the pieces around him (OL and playmakers)
    3. make sure you develop him

the problem with most QBs that we think of that are not considered Franchise QBs is that they are just not fully developed as pocket-passers...

time is really crucial when you are talking about the QB position...you want to develop him properly and make him successful early or you get busts or hesitant play for the rest of their careers...ie Cutler, sanchez, bradford and so many more

vCash
    but defense is an issue for sure.... no denying that... we need another ILB if we are sticking with the 3-4 and we badly need a FS as well.... but i think making sure the QB succeeds takes precedent before anything else

vCash
    well, if we dont sign Orakpo then clowney would be nice.

vCash
    Clowney will be a bust - has had issues all season for the gamecocks, on and off the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by widow4523 View Post
    i think you are missing the point here... we were basically trying to point out the fact that regardless of how many studs you might have on D, the QB is ultimately what makes or breaks a team, and these are your priorities if you want to have longevity in success.
    1. Get the franchise QB
    2. put the pieces around him (OL and playmakers)
    3. make sure you develop him

the problem with most QBs that we think of that are not considered Franchise QBs is that they are just not fully developed as pocket-passers...

time is really crucial when you are talking about the QB position...you want to develop him properly and make him successful early or you get busts or hesitant play for the rest of their careers...ie Cutler, sanchez, bradford and so many more
    Well as far as playmakers go I think garcon, morris and reed should be sufficient don't you think? As I said I could see us possibly Matthews, but Clowney would help all aspects of our defense.

vCash
    Why all the Clowney talk? We don't have our first round pick, so that makes him unattainable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Well as far as playmakers go I think garcon, morris and reed should be sufficient don't you think? As I said I could see us possibly Matthews, but Clowney would help all aspects of our defense.
    yeah we do have talent, but what we are missing a #2 WR.. that is really big NOW a days when all explosive teams have at least 2 dynamic Wideouts..... You Take away garcon and Reed and we quickly saw how atrocious our passing game was....

And RT is a huge liability....if you have a RT that gives about 2-3 free shots to the QB EVERY GAME, that is a problem and should be the highest priority on your list... we have not had a respectable RT since Jon Jansen...

if your secoundary WRs (morgan, hankerson, moss, and robinson) lead the NFL in Drops as a unit, then they probably should not be Starters.

where is the clowney talk coming from....he's not gonna fall out of the top5 my friend

vCash
    I forgot all about Phillip Thomas. We'll have him back next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by widow4523 View Post
    yeah we do have talent, but what we are missing a #2 WR.. that is really big NOW a days when all explosive teams have at least 2 dynamic Wideouts..... You Take away garcon and Reed and we quickly saw how atrocious our passing game was....

And RT is a huge liability....if you have a RT that gives about 2-3 free shots to the QB EVERY GAME, that is a problem and should be the highest priority on your list... we have not had a respectable RT since Jon Jansen...

if your secoundary WRs (morgan, hankerson, moss, and robinson) lead the NFL in Drops as a unit, then they probably should not be Starters.

where is the clowney talk coming from....he's not gonna fall out of the top5 my friend
    Im not denying the fact we don't have a solid #2 wr, edelman, decker are two guys I loved that are going to be free agents but now they are going to demand crazy many so I think nicks may be a better buy. I know clowney won't fall out the top 5, I was just saying it would be nice to have that second pick to draft him, that's all.
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 01-03-2014 at 05:29 AM.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast