Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    49
    vCash
    1500

    Is this an AGE issue?????

    WTH is going on? We are all fighting and arguing.

    Two points of view. We have the lets give RM,DA, Hayden and Pryor a few seasons Camp.
    We also have the FIRE staff, and dump the Garbage camp.

    I am most certainly in the SECOND camp. It must be the ages of the Fans, it has to be.

    I am 53, have only missed a handful of games for 38, yes THIRTY EIGHT seasons. This is a one shot deal my young campers.

    If you are drafted in the first round you are expected to be better than crap, your first few games, and most certainly your first season. If you are drawing a million dollar paycheck, play, play well or get the hell out. This isn't the special Olympics.

    If you are hired as a coach and you show NO progress, GTF out of our city! Young people there is no room for fairness in the game of Professional Sports. Live up to your potential and salary or go teach HS science.

    This is a business, good coaches and exciting players sell tickets. The black hole is NOTHING right now. We do not owe any player or coach 3 seasons to work out the bugs, while we watch our team get its ARSE kicked up and down the damn field. Life is not fair, million dollar coaches and players either win, play well, or get a boot in their rear end.

    If I sound angry, I am. Good thing we no longer have a Cat.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    9,317
    vCash
    1500
    I get it. You're angry. We're all angry. But you could have made your point without insulting the Special Olympics. There are million dollar pros across all of the various sports that don't play with one billionth of the heart, determination and courage that you see at a Special Olympics event.

    That aside, it's not a generational thing. I'm in your demographic, but I'm willing to let RM and DA have one last shot at it next year, unless a proven winner is available and willing to come to the Raiders as GM or HC. Not likely, but we'll see.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    413
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonster View Post
    WTH is going on? We are all fighting and arguing.

    Two points of view. We have the lets give RM,DA, Hayden and Pryor a few seasons Camp.
    We also have the FIRE staff, and dump the Garbage camp.

    I am most certainly in the SECOND camp. It must be the ages of the Fans, it has to be.

    I am 53, have only missed a handful of games for 38, yes THIRTY EIGHT seasons. This is a one shot deal my young campers.

    If you are drafted in the first round you are expected to be better than crap, your first few games, and most certainly your first season. If you are drawing a million dollar paycheck, play, play well or get the hell out. This isn't the special Olympics.

    If you are hired as a coach and you show NO progress, GTF out of our city! Young people there is no room for fairness in the game of Professional Sports. Live up to your potential and salary or go teach HS science.

    This is a business, good coaches and exciting players sell tickets. The black hole is NOTHING right now. We do not owe any player or coach 3 seasons to work out the bugs, while we watch our team get its ARSE kicked up and down the damn field. Life is not fair, million dollar coaches and players either win, play well, or get a boot in their rear end.

    If I sound angry, I am. Good thing we no longer have a Cat.
    funny you say that. I was thinking, I wish everyone's age was listed. It's still strange to hear people say they were on high school when Gruden was the coach. I am 40 years old and I'm DEFINATELY in group2. I think what some(I could be wrong) of the younger fans don't realize is that a lot of us have been watching this team for decades! To the point were you know there tendencies. The only coaches that I saw that were good were Flores, Gruden, and Shanahan would have been. It's not a matter of being impatient with a coach because I believe the older fans want stability more than ANYTHING . However looking at Allan and RM. They don't appear to be the answer. Yes I think age has something to do with it

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,346
    vCash
    1500
    I have been die hard for 32 years. I am not happy either but if you are going to fire DA who are you going to hire? DA may not be cut out for the job, it may be to big for him. I have said such things. But I have also seen too many good young coaches come and go over the years, maybe it's time the Raiders stay the course with this one.

    Progress takes time. The Raiders are in the middle of a total organizational reconstruction. With the roster DA was given, I am not sure what people expect. He coached this team in a position to win games early and lacked the depth to sustain those efforts late in a division that has three playoff teams.

    In a division with Rivers, Manning and Alex Smith, DA is trying to win games with with Matt McGloin and Terrelle Pryor. Axing the guy is only half of the solution, you need to replace him with someone. It's my belief he will justify his hiring once he gets the players to compete. I have watched the Raiders struggle for far to long to believe that they would turn things around in two seasons. The organizational blight was far to extensive.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    49
    vCash
    1500
    The special Olympics are not million dollar players. There is no insult to the Special Olympics. Nothing more than effort is expected from dis-advantaged young athletes. So go scour the posts to look for things that offend you Sport.
    Last edited by Loonster; 12-29-2013 at 08:46 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,873
    vCash
    1500
    I'm definitely one of the youngest posters in the Raiders forum and I'm with option 2. I really don't think it has anything to do with age.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    49
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I have been die hard for 32 years. I am not happy either but if you are going to fire DA who are you going to hire? DA may not be cut out for the job, it may be to big for him. I have said such things. But I have also seen too many good young coaches come and go over the years, maybe it's time the Raiders stay the course with this one.

    Progress takes time. The Raiders are in the middle of a total organizational reconstruction. With the roster DA was given, I am not sure what people expect. He coached this team in a position to win games early and lacked the depth to sustain those efforts late in a division that has three playoff teams.

    In a division with Rivers, Manning and Alex Smith, DA is trying to win games with with Matt McGloin and Terrelle Pryor. Axing the guy is only half of the solution, you need to replace him with someone. It's my belief he will justify his hiring once he gets the players to compete. I have watched the Raiders struggle for far to long to believe that they would turn things around in two seasons. The organizational blight was far to extensive.
    Agree with you 100%. I would think that this team has an attraction now that it did not have when Al Davis was in charge. MD wants winning organization, and he will hand the car keys to a Staff that can get it done. This may attract some big name people. Namely Gruden and Cowher.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    155
    vCash
    1500
    You could be on to some thing.
    I am an old man.
    I want results not excuses.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    2,721
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I get it. You're angry. We're all angry. But you could have made your point without insulting the Special Olympics. There are million dollar pros across all of the various sports that don't play with one billionth of the heart, determination and courage that you see at a Special Olympics event.

    That aside, it's not a generational thing. I'm in your demographic, but I'm willing to let RM and DA have one last shot at it next year, unless a proven winner is available and willing to come to the Raiders as GM or HC. Not likely, but we'll see.
    I am also close to his demographic and I can really careless what Mark Davis does! I support the team! I cheer every week for the team! No matter what the score is at the end of the game. But here is what I am tired of, I am tired of not having cap space and not being able to bring in quality talent. I'm tired of not having draft picks because we traded them off. I am also tired of having a new coach every year.

    Yes there has been some bumps in the road these past two years. But this year, THIS YEAR, for the first time in years, we can actually be full participants in getting quality players instead of bargain shopping. We can sign good players to contracts that don't over pay their talent. I understand RM missed with this years 1st round pick, but he has made points in other areas! We missed on a few draft picks, but he has also scored with others and FA's as well.

    Now I am not too happy with how the team finished this year. Not at all. Don't think anyone is, but don't fire DA unless you have a quality coach that wants to come here (fire DA and good luck with that, thought process: Same ol' Raiders). I would like to see this coaching staff stay as well as RM and see what happens this offseason. If they fail, then start chopping heads.

    But either way, I don't care. I am a fan and I will support what ever this organization does!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    461
    vCash
    1500
    I don't think it's an age thing. I am over 50 and expect RM and DA to be back next season. If there are two groups on this board, it's a group of posters that while frustrated, can exchange ideas without name calling or condescending remarks and another who let their emotions get the better of them and take things too personally. I would love to exchange ideas with the first group and hope to avoid the latter group. I want to win just as badly as anyone, I just have a different idea of how things should go.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    McKinleyville, CA. (AKA Humboldt, CA.)
    Posts
    1,741
    vCash
    1500
    I'm 34 years old. I've been a Raiders fan since age 6. I grew up with my grandpa watching the games, wore the gear, and have continued doing so long since his passing. With that being said, I might not have seen the Raiders glory years of the 70's, but I've read all about them(See my avatar - a great read for all Raiders fans.), and embody that mentality. I'm all for keeping RM as he was a former Raider Linebacker and is supposedly a gem in regards to judging talent. We'll see what this years draft class develops into and I'm excited for free agency and the upcoming draft. With that being said its McKenzies responsibility for making heads roll. Out with DA, lets pack the seats next season with Gruden at the realm!
    Last edited by slvr&blck760; 12-29-2013 at 09:01 PM.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

    ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,130
    vCash
    1800
    I am in my mid 20's and I in favor of option 2 but I do want to see what Mckenzie can do with the cap space this off season.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    9,317
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonster View Post
    The special Olympics are not million dollar players. There is no insult to the Special Olympics. Nothing more than effort is expected from dis-advantaged young athletes. So go scour the posts to look for things that offend you Sport.
    You're wrong that we don't expect Special Olympians to win. Have you ever attended an event???

    I've made my point. I just ask that you make yours without doing so on the backs of people who can't/don't always defend themselves. That's not very Raider-like. Sport.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    831
    vCash
    1500
    There was a lot of non-execution this year. You can't blame the coaches for guys dropping balls, missing tackles, and missing FG's. The team wasn't playing badly until they self destructed in KC. After that, it seemed that the confidence, especially with the defense went away. If you thought this years defense was different...wait till next year!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    14,730
    vCash
    1500
    Oh, there's a division amidst the nation.

    It has nothing to do with age.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •