Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

browns to fire chud!

kinda surprised,guessing they still keep horton and turner??

http://nfl.si.com/2013/12/29/rob-chu...veland-browns/
    ....pleasing the casual fan,while telling the hardcore fan to go to hell since 2006

vCash
    Last edited by bmxrider9; 12-29-2013 at 08:51 PM.

FACTORY OF SADNESS
    1999-????

vCash
    Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 3h
    "He's a douche. No one on offense trusts him." Text from a player regarding Rob Chudzinski. #Browns

Jeff Schudel ‏@jsbrownsinsider 2h
    Seven-time Pro Bowl player Joe Thomas says firing Rob Chudzinski would have a "devastating affect" on the Browns. http://www.tout.com/m/ksccts?ref=twe9jhsl

Reading on Twitter that it has become official, per Ian Rappaport.

vCash
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ge-was-needed/
    Here is the article from Profootballtalk

"I don't care if they've had 20 starting QBs since 1999. I'm gonna be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." -Johnny Manziel

vCash
    I honestly don't know what to say. There has to be something going on that we don't know about. My immediate reaction is to be pissed, however I felt the same way about the Trent Richardson trade. Hopefully this is another good decision. Either way the fact that our front office hand picked him and talked about having consistency in our coaching staff yet is turning around not even a year later and firing him looks really bad. This **** gets old quick.

vCash
    Defiantly has to be more to the story. They really must not of liked the way he was running things or was doing somethig they did not like. Hopefully this is the right decision. I'd like to sit back and trust this organization with their decisions but as you all know it is not an easy thing to do. I just think there has to be something else going on for them to say they got their guy and fire him a year later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    I honestly don't know what to say. There has to be something going on that we don't know about. My immediate reaction is to be pissed, however I felt the same way about the Trent Richardson trade. Hopefully this is another good decision. Either way the fact that our front office hand picked him and talked about having consistency in our coaching staff yet is turning around not even a year later and firing him looks really bad. This **** gets old quick.
    I want to trust Haslam and Banner, but I feel bad for the guy. He got stuck with a horrible quarterback and the team had to learn a new offensive and defensive scheme. Not to mention he had the Front Office come out and say he was our coach of the future. Chud also grew up a Browns fan, and stated multiply times how this was his dream job. I just hope we don't end up with Josh Mcdaniels!!

"I don't care if they've had 20 starting QBs since 1999. I'm gonna be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." -Johnny Manziel

vCash
    They probably didn't like the way that they lost 6 games.after leading at the half. Or maybe it was blowing 5 fourth quarter leads. Or maybe after blowing three final minute leads. He is a good OC, not an HC
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosar4president View Post
    They probably didn't like the way that they lost 6 games.after leading at the half. Or maybe it was blowing 5 fourth quarter leads. Or maybe after blowing three final minute leads. He is a good OC, not an HC
    I agree with the fact that he is a good OC not a HC but I still think we should have given him one more season, with a QB, improved OL and a RB.

One of the biggest reasons we kept throwing away leads was the lack of a running game. Even when we were up and should have been running the clock down, we just couldn't run it.

vCash
    I really thought the browns were tanking the last 5-6 games, as i watched them start fast, and then blow it, game after game. Apparently that was not the case. I can understand the firing of Chud only because the team got worse as the season went on, the QB play was absolutely awful, but iv seen teams win with less(talking about Campbell, Weeden is just terrible). This move doesn't scare me only because I dont think they would have made the move unless they know they are getting "their guy" in the coming week. That being said hopefully the stars align and we are able to draft Manziel at 4. this kid is going to be a super-star

vCash
    The FO has to have a wink wink deal with someone already IMO for this to make sense. I would hope that it would be a big splash too but from most reports it sounds like its going to be Josh McDaniels for whom Lombardi is in love with. So they go from saying they want stability last year like Pittsburgh and that Lombardi doesn't have that big of a role besides the NFL player evaluation/scouting process to basically hiring a handpicked Coach of Lombardi if McDaniels does end up becoming the HC. Wow.

I just don't know what to say anymore. I don't know what makes me feel more sick from yesterday, me finally watching the Season Finale of Homeland and Brody's hanging scene or the freaking Browns organization as a whole.

I will tell you one thing though, Bill O'Brien would probably fit right in with the Browns if they backed up the Brinks truck for him as he has already dealt with a place with Lack of Institutional Control and that is what he would be getting if he became the Browns HC. I wish the NFL could put them on 3 years probation as they deserve it. This isn't a component for them keeping Chud either as I am not really upset with that as he did a lot of things wrong this year IMO but instead the double talk by the FO from what they have said the past 15-16 months since taking over and trying to sell us Fans on this BS.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brownsfanuk View Post
    I agree with the fact that he is a good OC not a HC but I still think we should have given him one more season, with a QB, improved OL and a RB.

One of the biggest reasons we kept throwing away leads was the lack of a running game. Even when we were up and should have been running the clock down, we just couldn't run it.
    I think it would have been even worse if we waited one more season. If he was given the benefit of the doubt and granted one more season (with Haslam and Banner knowing in their minds this will come to an end) next year would have been even a larger train wreck. We all know that a new QB is coming. There is no doubt about that. Why not have a new coach that is tied directly to him from the beginning. We at least get more time on the field due to the coaching change. It is unfortunate that Chud was the butt end of this, however, I still trust Haslam and Banner to make their vision come to fruition.

That being said, I don't think it will be a big name guy like Gruden, Billick or even Saban. It will be a guy similar to Chud with the desire to get his chance. I'd love a guy like David Shaw or O'Brien. Ultimately, I think it will be McDaniels. I am actually okay with this... He has head coaching experience. Doesn't need to have a say in non-football related decisions, and has ties to the people already in place. In the end, everyone lower on the food chain than Banner are his puppets anyways. The only question that should be sorted out today is - do we keep our coordinators. Was it just Chud that was bland or the whole coaching staff?

vCash
    @NFL_ATL: Source tells @AlbertBreer that Chud was recently asked to cut a player for accountability issues -- and refused: t.co/1dYM3Q5DFC
    Heard that this was Greg Little as the FO was very upset with him throughout the year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Heard that this was Greg Little as the FO was very upset with him throughout the year.
    This rumor was also in Tony Grossi's 6am "Insider Info of Chud Firing" article. I chalked this up to Tony starting rumors. The whole article was common knowledge with a few tidbits thrown it with this stuff. It was funny because everything had from a source except this mention. Tony just said it and moved on. I take this with a grain of salt until more people verify it.

I will say that Romeo was loved by the Players too. That doesn't make him a good coach. also, it appears the locker room was split on their feelings for Chud.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brownies236 View Post
    This rumor was also in Tony Grossi's 6am "Insider Info of Chud Firing" article. I chalked this up to Tony starting rumors. The whole article was common knowledge with a few tidbits thrown it with this stuff. It was funny because everything had from a source except this mention. Tony just said it and moved on. I take this with a grain of salt until more people verify it.

I will say that Romeo was loved by the Players too. That doesn't make him a good coach. also, it appears the locker room was split on their feelings for Chud.
    I'm getting the feeling that the players aren't really split on Chud but instead just the team having no stability or continuity to it. Obviously some players probably enjoyed their time with Chud while some others didn't but for some reason I just think the players are more feed up with what the Browns FO is actually trying to do rather than them being ALL IN invested in Chud being their HC. It seems the more veteran players like JT and Ward are coming to the defense of Chud being removed because it was so quick and only 1 year rather than the newer/younger guys even though TJ and JT are still quite young in their own rights.

Either way maybe Steve Smith and DeAngelo Williams were on to something with what they had to say about Chud this season.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast