Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

How to fix this team

Here is what I would do to fix the Nets

1. Trade Deron Williams- D-will has been horrible since he baceme a net. He gives it 10% and acs like he doesn't even care if he wins or not he is just playing for the money. He isn't even that great anymore like he was in Utah. He is also a bad locker room guy he is lazy and is a premadona.

Rumor has it Houston offered the Nets a few weeks ago Jeremy Lin and Omar Asik for D-will and Nets turned it down...I would do that in a heart beat if I were the Nets to dump dwill to one of the rare teams he would actually be willing to play for. You also get in return Lin who is a underrated PG and perfect for this team . He has proved he can play in NY also. YOu also get Asik who is one of the top centers in the league.

2. Make this Joe Johnsons team- With Brook out and if Nets trade D-will make JOe Johnson te focal point of this offense. Joe Johnson is actually a leader unlike Dwill and he could still be a scorign machine if you let him. Net's need to start making him the focal point of this offense.

3. Start Kirelenko when he comes back- AK47 would be so valuable to this starting lineup..he needs to start.Also Peirce needs to get back into the lineup.

4. DO NOT PLAY ANDRAY BLATCHE- they love playing this guy, he freaking sucks. He is the definition of what you do not want your big man to be..he thinks he is KObe all he does is dribble around do spin moves and take ridiculous jumpers...unless you are dirk i do not ant my big man out there doing that...he plays no defense either...Blatche needs to not play trade him or bench him i would rather see plumble over him

PG- Lin
    SG-JJ
    SF-Peirce
    PF- AK47
    C- KG/Asik

Mirza J-Terry, and either KG/Asik first options off the bench...DO NOT play blachet,

vCash
    Joe Johnson is a leader?

AK47 is coming back?

vCash
    The current state of this team is the result of years of uncertainty and acts of desperation. Below are some of those moves in order of occurence.

1- Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson for Courtney Lee. Vince was smart to move, but he is a far better player than JJ age to age, and leader of the two. Ryan Anderson was moved because Yi Jianlian was the stretch four of the future. Because of his marketing. This is where the ******** "branding" corporate stuff began, and actually being good in basketball took a step back. Think about hiring Kidd, also another gamble.

2- Lebron James going to Miami, with the back up plan being Travis Outlaw for 5 years 35 million. This one is pretty much the champion of failures. If the losing teams that were dumping salary for Lebron got together that summer, Nets would be welcomed on a red carpet as they did it twice. They made everyone else feel better about themselves. Again;

Dumping salary for Lebron.

Signing Outlaw to a 5 year 35 million contract as your back up plan.

3- The one responsible for Outlaw, Rod Thorn, a cheap but wily GM (who suspiciously ****ed around in his last year before moving to the Sixers) being replaced by Billy King, a charismatic speaker who did worse by the year during his tenure at Philadelphia. This combined with signing a player who doesn't want to be in your team and catering to him is the recipe for failure. Also Thorn, out of spite, undid his work. That's probably the worst he couldve done. Absolute revenge.

4- Playing a lengthy PR game over the course of a basketball season and losing that game with Melo and Dwight. One player who acted like he wanted to be here but didn't, and one player who never wanted to be here but was courted anyway just to **** with Knicks. Again; on court basketball is sacrificed for name recognition and brand power. Because we have to move to Brooklyn with a superstar. Interestingly that year the Nets played the Nuggets when talks for Melo were at a high and we saw what pure basketball passion and pride could do: Nets won by 40.

5- Getting Deron Williams, a potential borderline superstar but player who didn't want to come. The trade itself was balanced but the remaining assets were thrown out with desperate moves to keep Deron from signing elsewhere. The result is today. After Gerald Wallace there was Joe Johnson. At the time the trades looked good but now those picks are major assets. I wanna diss against Wallace and Johnson but even last year they at least kept those trade picks out of the lottery. Another panic move this summer and now we are here.

This is a mess that can only be cleaned up by time. Either a miracle happens, or, Nets start getting competitive around 3-4 years from now. Then only if they have people with basketball savvy and not business savvy. With all due respect to Prokhorov, money don't buy championships. Any sports fan knows that, we all knew that, but apparently you forget about it when it happens to the bottom dwelling team you support.
    Last edited by iceteawithlemon; 12-30-2013 at 04:20 PM.

vCash
    Easy Fix.

1. Fire Kidd - He is not an NBA head coach. The qualities that made him a great player make him a bad coach. He has a huge ego and is very stubborn. The players say the right things, but consistently do not play hard for him. The ultimate sign of a bad coach.

2. KG has to be at least a double double guy or he cannot start. Reggie Evans has to play more. He is the best rebounder on the team and plays max effort, something missing from the rest of the team.

3. JJ has to impose his will in the post. He is right now, their best scorer if he takes his man in the post. He is also a good passer. Run the offense through him.

4. DWill has to start playing more consistent. He has to look to score more. Last year in the playoffs, his lack of aggression cost this team. He has got to assert himself, either in the post or driving the lane. He has also turned into a horrendous defender, his effort level is way too low. I believe he can still be a top flight PG, but he has to decide to always play hard, not just in spurts.

Its obvious to me that Kidd is not running this team. He is deferring too much to KG. That is not a recipe for success. KG and Pierce were supposed to be part of the puzzle, not the stars. I give KG credit because he probably consistently plays harder than any of the starters, he needs to me more aggressive offensively though.

vCash
    Fix this team: Simply Fire Jason Kidd and hire Lionel Hollins or any coach who can motivate his players to play D and has ANY offensive scheme.

Yes, KG needs to be more aggressive on Offense but he's always been a pass first forward. Its just that there's no offensive scheme on this team. Pure helter skelter. Horrible and that comes down to one person......the Coach. But, when has this GM EVER made a good decision in his career? He's the epitome of bad management, himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThebigOscar View Post
    Fix this team: Simply Fire Jason Kidd and hire Lionel Hollins or any coach who can motivate his players to play D and has ANY offensive scheme.

Yes, KG needs to be more aggressive on Offense but he's always been a pass first forward. Its just that there's no offensive scheme on this team. Pure helter skelter. Horrible and that comes down to one person......the Coach. But, when has this GM EVER made a good decision in his career? He's the epitome of bad management, himself.
    Firing Kidd would be a good start. Hollins wouldn't be bad. Frank still on the payroll as defensive coach (holy crap, does this team need help on the defensive end. Of course, Frank's system may be to complicated for some of the quitters on this team).

Of course, King has to be fired so that a GM that knows something about the NBA can start dumping salaries so that this team has some type of future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG91 View Post
    Easy Fix.

1. Fire Kidd - He is not an NBA head coach. The qualities that made him a great player make him a bad coach. He has a huge ego and is very stubborn. The players say the right things, but consistently do not play hard for him. The ultimate sign of a bad coach.

2. KG has to be at least a double double guy or he cannot start. Reggie Evans has to play more. He is the best rebounder on the team and plays max effort, something missing from the rest of the team.

3. JJ has to impose his will in the post. He is right now, their best scorer if he takes his man in the post. He is also a good passer. Run the offense through him.

4. DWill has to start playing more consistent. He has to look to score more. Last year in the playoffs, his lack of aggression cost this team. He has got to assert himself, either in the post or driving the lane. He has also turned into a horrendous defender, his effort level is way too low. I believe he can still be a top flight PG, but he has to decide to always play hard, not just in spurts.

Its obvious to me that Kidd is not running this team. He is deferring too much to KG. That is not a recipe for success. KG and Pierce were supposed to be part of the puzzle, not the stars. I give KG credit because he probably consistently plays harder than any of the starters, he needs to me more aggressive offensively though.
    I couldn't disagree more with the statement of Reggie Evans playing more. He is more of a liability on offense then even Garnett is right now. Anytime he is out there you're playing 4 on 5 on the offensive end. Every other team sees this as well. They know he will not shoot the ball. I would see if you could trade Evans for an athletic small forward or guard that can run the floor like Plumlee does. Yes Plumlee is green but it's the only time I see this team running is when he's in there. This team needs some easy buckets to help them win.

vCash
    We need to make a deal... I like Williams to Houston for Lin and Osik. I am not sure if any of our other pieces (Pierce, KG to a contender maybe, or JJ) have value to net us some 1st round picks.

I know LAL offered Pau for Lopez at the time of the injury. At this point, I would do the Williams trade and then trade Lopez to LAL for Pau and a 1st.
    Suck it

vCash
    Houston gets: D-Will, Reggie Evans, Toko

Brooklyn gets: Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik

(Nets take on 4 million less in cap than what they give up)

This gives the Nets decent value for their oft-injuried, max contract PG. The Rockets would do this trade because it gives them their Big 3 and gets rid of Asik who wants to be traded.

Denver gets: Brook Lopez

Brooklyn gets: Danilo Gallinari, Kenneth Faried, 2015 first round pick

(Nets take on 3 million less in cap than what they give up)

WIth Asik in the picture Lopez will need to be moved. This may not be everyone's favorite idea, it's not mine since Brook is my favorite Net. But with multiple major foot injuries in his short career and a replacement in the fold with Asik the Nets should go in a different direction at C. They get a solid PF in Faried, an versatile player in Gallinari (currently injured), and a draft pick. Denver takes this risk to give Brain Shaw the low-post scoring he covets for the team.

Detroit gets: Paul Pierce

Brooklyn gets: Rodney Stuckey, Jonas Jerekbo, 2014 ist round pick

(Nets take on 2 million less in cap than what they give up)

Pierce has been a failure in a Nets uniform. Sending him to Detroit allows him to mentor a young, talented, and exciting roster. He can be a sixth man and a closer for the Pistons as well as give them some valuable leadership. For the Nets they get a good player in Stuckey (also a Nets-killer) who is an expiring contract, a very valuable 2014 pick, and filler in Jerekbo.

All of these trades work in the NBA trade machine and I believe are mutually beneficial for the teams involved. With these trades the Nets roster would be:

Jeremy Lin / Shaun Livingston / Tyshawn Taylor

Alan Anderson / Rodney Stuckey / Jason Terry

Joe Johnson / Andrei Kirilenko / Danilo Gallinari

Mirza Teletovic / Kenneth Faried / Kevin Garnett / Jonas Jerekbo

Omer Asik / Andray Blatche / Mason Plumlee

Garnett is clearly expendable with this roster. Hopefully with the trades made he will be willing to waive his no trade clause and the Nets could get a young asset or two for him.

The Nets ship off their high paid, aging players and gain a few young players (Lin, Asik, Faried, hopefully Gallinari) they can begin to build around while also improving their cap situation and getting first round picks in the next 2 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scatamooch View Post
    Houston gets: D-Will, Reggie Evans, Toko

Brooklyn gets: Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik

(Nets take on 4 million less in cap than what they give up)

This gives the Nets decent value for their oft-injuried, max contract PG. The Rockets would do this trade because it gives them their Big 3 and gets rid of Asik who wants to be traded.

Denver gets: Brook Lopez

Brooklyn gets: Danilo Gallinari, Kenneth Faried, 2015 first round pick

(Nets take on 3 million less in cap than what they give up)

WIth Asik in the picture Lopez will need to be moved. This may not be everyone's favorite idea, it's not mine since Brook is my favorite Net. But with multiple major foot injuries in his short career and a replacement in the fold with Asik the Nets should go in a different direction at C. They get a solid PF in Faried, an versatile player in Gallinari (currently injured), and a draft pick. Denver takes this risk to give Brain Shaw the low-post scoring he covets for the team.

Detroit gets: Paul Pierce

Brooklyn gets: Rodney Stuckey, Jonas Jerekbo, 2014 ist round pick

(Nets take on 2 million less in cap than what they give up)

Pierce has been a failure in a Nets uniform. Sending him to Detroit allows him to mentor a young, talented, and exciting roster. He can be a sixth man and a closer for the Pistons as well as give them some valuable leadership. For the Nets they get a good player in Stuckey (also a Nets-killer) who is an expiring contract, a very valuable 2014 pick, and filler in Jerekbo.

All of these trades work in the NBA trade machine and I believe are mutually beneficial for the teams involved. With these trades the Nets roster would be:

Jeremy Lin / Shaun Livingston / Tyshawn Taylor

Alan Anderson / Rodney Stuckey / Jason Terry

Joe Johnson / Andrei Kirilenko / Danilo Gallinari

Mirza Teletovic / Kenneth Faried / Kevin Garnett / Jonas Jerekbo

Omer Asik / Andray Blatche / Mason Plumlee

Garnett is clearly expendable with this roster. Hopefully with the trades made he will be willing to waive his no trade clause and the Nets could get a young asset or two for him.

The Nets ship off their high paid, aging players and gain a few young players (Lin, Asik, Faried, hopefully Gallinari) they can begin to build around while also improving their cap situation and getting first round picks in the next 2 years.
    The houston trade I like but i kinda want to keep Brook. I mean Lin, Brook and Asik, could be a good combo for years to come..move either brook or asik to PF

vCash
    brook at pf doesnt happen. on paper it should happen but they dont play him there.

vCash
    Should of made the Lowry trade when we had a shot

vCash
    Here's a bandage. Bynum. The dude can still give a few minutes to spell Garnett. I believe with Brook's medical exemption, the Nets have 5 mil to spend on Drew. And he'll be starting for home town. I don't know what else he would want. If he goes to Miami, he won't be able to keep up, and his minutes will be limited.