Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    41,815
    vCash
    7100

    Panthers @ Falcons

    Kings of the South babyyyy!!!!





  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    98,918
    vCash
    1605
    We really cut it close but what a Great feeling! We really need this bye.


    Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,180
    vCash
    1500
    Hopefully we come out strong off the bye. We normally start slow with the bye, but I really like our chances against GB and PHI.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    41,815
    vCash
    7100
    GB will have a hard time blocking our front, but they scare me way more than Philly. Since we can't get the Saints again in Charlotte until the NFCC, Philly would probably be my second choice.





  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,180
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    GB will have a hard time blocking our front, but they scare me way more than Philly. Since we can't get the Saints again in Charlotte until the NFCC, Philly would probably be my second choice.
    I agree. Aaron Rodgers scares me, but I'm not afraid of pretty much anyone else on the Packers' roster. Shady McCoy scares me with Philly, and maybe Jackson getting a deep bomb, but Philly's defense will make our offense look amazing and Foles finally playing a good defense on the road will hopefully kill some of his hype. I've really liked Foles since last year, but the main forum is getting ridiculous with Eagles fans crying about Foles not being everyone's number one QB. I want them to lose for that reason, but I also want us to be able to give them their loss.


    CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    98,918
    vCash
    1605
    Did anybody try for Playoff tickets? They sold out in 3 minutes.


    Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,180
    vCash
    1500
    My friend and his rich father-in-law are looking at tickets to see the game. Sadly, neither is even a Panther fan haha. I thought about going if I could get a good enough seat under $150 that was worth it to freeze my *** off, but I'll probably skip it. Of course, if the NFC Championship ends up in Charlotte I don't know if I'll be able to refrain from going if I find cheap tickets.


    CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,180
    vCash
    1500
    Also, I was going to make a wild-card week thread for us to discuss, but there's so few Panther fans that I'll just post in this thread.

    What are you guys hoping for the playoffs route? I figure the easiest route is probably for PHI and SF to win this weak, then for us to play PHI so SF and SEA can beat the **** out of each other to make the NFCC game a little easier on us. It'd be hard for any of the 3 physical NFC teams to play the other two back-to-back. I don't necessarily think anyone is a "freebie" in the NFC, but the most obvious has to be PHI (young QB, 1st year coach, bad defense, their offense hasn't been tested by a good defense on the road). GB is a close second, but they still have an elite QB so that's never something you want to face.


    CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Summerville, SC
    Posts
    267
    vCash
    1500
    I agree with you. SF to Sea and Phi to Car.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    98,918
    vCash
    1605
    That is what I was hoping for too, oh well you have to beat them all sometime.


    Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,020
    vCash
    1500
    I was also hoping for an Eagles win, but that didn't work out unfortunately. I thought they would be the easiest match-up of the 3 potential teams we could have played mostly because Foles is a rookie. I think the 49ers are the toughest match-up, besides the Seahawks of course, but at least we beat them earlier and on the road. I think the fact that we beat them earlier should help us mentally and this time we're at home. We've won quite a few tough hard-fought games this season so I feel like that should help going into next week.

    I don't think the Saints stand a chance against the Seahawks either so it could be a tough couple weeks assuming the Panthers win next week.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,180
    vCash
    1500
    We're good enough to beat anyone. The stretch will be pretty tough if we end up facing SF then SEA, but if we can't do that we probably don't belong this year. One good thing about the SF/GB game is that GB played a nice smash-mouth offensive game and likely wore the SF out tonight, which will be nice for our running offense next week.

    As long as we don't have a bye-week slump like we've had before we should win this one. We have a better defense (though it's close), the better QB (not close), and we're at home and should be fairly healthy/rested. This is literally the one time I've felt like a bye week will help us considering CJ hasn't been 100%, Hartsock was injured, and most importantly, Steve Smith is recovering. I've read some people say J-Stew may be good to go this game, so that'd certainly help us wear down the opposing defense.

    A lot are pointing to the 49ers getting healthier as a sign of them winning, but they're still nothing we haven't already faced. We were manhandling Davis when we played them (we all remember that bs fumble they got away with) and it's not like we haven't faced much, much tougher receivers than Crabtree. We also owned Kaepernick last time, which based on tonights game I think we'd have done it again, unlike GB's incapable defense. I imagine they'll have a mountain of hype this week, but if they'd lost that game everyone would be talking about how Kaep is so dependent on his legs and primary receivers.


    CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    98,918
    vCash
    1605
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    We're good enough to beat anyone. The stretch will be pretty tough if we end up facing SF then SEA, but if we can't do that we probably don't belong this year. One good thing about the SF/GB game is that GB played a nice smash-mouth offensive game and likely wore the SF out tonight, which will be nice for our running offense next week.

    As long as we don't have a bye-week slump like we've had before we should win this one. We have a better defense (though it's close), the better QB (not close), and we're at home and should be fairly healthy/rested. This is literally the one time I've felt like a bye week will help us considering CJ hasn't been 100%, Hartsock was injured, and most importantly, Steve Smith is recovering. I've read some people say J-Stew may be good to go this game, so that'd certainly help us wear down the opposing defense.

    A lot are pointing to the 49ers getting healthier as a sign of them winning, but they're still nothing we haven't already faced. We were manhandling Davis when we played them (we all remember that bs fumble they got away with) and it's not like we haven't faced much, much tougher receivers than Crabtree. We also owned Kaepernick last time, which based on tonights game I think we'd have done it again, unlike GB's incapable defense. I imagine they'll have a mountain of hype this week, but if they'd lost that game everyone would be talking about how Kaep is so dependent on his legs and primary receivers.
    I'm still mad about them getting that 3 points they didn't deserve.


    Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    I'm still mad about them getting that 3 points they didn't deserve.
    If I remember correctly they actually could have been shut out pretty easily. Besides the VD fumble there was also an easy pick opportunity that captain dropped on the first drive and then there was the punt that touched a panther player that the 49ers got back. Those were the 3 possessions that led to the 49ers 9 pts.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,180
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    I'm still mad about them getting that 3 points they didn't deserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by RCarlson85 View Post
    If I remember correctly they actually could have been shut out pretty easily. Besides the VD fumble there was also an easy pick opportunity that captain dropped on the first drive and then there was the punt that touched a panther player that the 49ers got back. Those were the 3 possessions that led to the 49ers 9 pts.
    Don't forget the one they got from a Cam INT (that may have been the same drive as the VD fumble). Minus the first drive, their offense did nothing. That's why I'm tired of hearing about how "close" that game in SF was. Anyone watching it knew it was only close in score. We were moving the ball, they weren't. We had 3 big errors that led to them getting FGs. We also missed a FG IIRC. That game could've easily ended 13-3, and felt more like a 21-6 beat down. Cam started shaky, and finished with few yards, but he made some legit plays in that second half that helped us win.

    If we QB-spy Kaep and cover VD and Crabtree as well as we can we'll shut their offense down again. We need our offense to move the ball a lot better, which is tough for our lack of weapons/OL, but we do have the better QB (regardless of the love Kaep is getting for beating GB) and IMO the better defense. HFA + better QB + better/equal defense =/= underdogs, but apparently we're the underdogs in this one.


    CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •