Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Offseason

vCash

2014 Offseason

Well...it is officially the offseason.

Word is that the FO will meet with Rob Chudzinski tomorrow morning to discuss his future. I don't know about anyone else, but...this is almost to the point where it is comical...year in and year out. The only way that I see them dumping Chud after one year (where he had Brandon Weeden as his starting QB coming out of camp, found Hoyer to be serviceable only to see him go down, and then have to finish the year with Campbell under center) is if they have word from a BIG name that they are not only interested, but are packed and ready to come CLE tomorrow to sign their deal (or within a few days if they need to fulfill their Rooney Rule responsibilities).

If they don't have confirmation from the top available coach...they need to give Chud another year with improved pieces to work with (QB, RB, #2 WR, OL upgrade, MLB upgrade, #2 CB).

That said...we have the most cap room available in the league, we have 2 picks in rounds 1 and 3 of the draft, and we have some solid pieces to build around...THIS could be one of the most important offseasons in franchise history.

vCash
    Unless they hire David Shaw, Jim Harbaugh, John Harbaugh, Mike McCarthy, or Bill Belichick I do not want to let Chud go (and I know all of these names are impossible). I like the fire he has, and the staff he has assembled. Let's give him another two seasons with an actual NFL QB.

So then I told them that I was going to bring stability and continuity

vCash
    I do not agree with the firing of Chud. They better have a better replacement that gurantees he will come to Cleveland. The guy had one year and possibly if not the worst or one of the worst quarteback situation in the league. He didn't get his fair share of opportunities to show if he can be a successful in coach in this league. Maybe there is more to the situation than meets the eye and they were completely against the way he ran things. Who knows but I don't agree with the decision.

vCash
    If they somehow got Bill O'Brien I wouldn't be upset with this move. He looks like he is on his way to Houston tho.

vCash
    Early rumors going around are Josh McDaniels and Bill O'Brian would be possible candidates. Wouldn't it suck if they decided to move back to the west coast offense and a 4-3 base defense?

vCash
    We will never get anywhere unless we get some consistency. Consistently changing our coaches, and offense and defense styles and base just set us back.

I think we have a great staff at the moment with Chud, Horton and Norv. Draft the right players and let them do their jobs and we might have a winning season some time soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonevision View Post
    Early rumors going around are Josh McDaniels and Bill O'Brian would be possible candidates. Wouldn't it suck if they decided to move back to the west coast offense and a 4-3 base defense?
    I would be so pissed! I would be even more mad if they signed Dave Toub and drafted Johnny Football. Can we please keep a coach for more than a season!?

vCash
    Chud was set up to fail from day 1. I was willing to give him a pass due to the train wreck the quarterback position became. He got the most out of some of his most talented young players and obviously had the players backing him. This situation is all on Banner. He said the day Chud was hired that he was their guy and that he'd bring stability. Not to mention that every move made in 2013 was setting up for 2014. Do you expect the coach to be ok with all the moves they made if he was expected to win right away? I would also expect Turner and Horton to take the opportunity to get outta town the way things are going.

They didn't get the guy they wanted last year and obviously have someone they want lined up. Horton might get a Rooney Rule interview and man won't he be pissed if he didn't get it. This whole situation is just pathetic. I would hate to be one of these player right now.

vCash
    I'm kind of surprised and I may be in the minority on this, but I'm fine with the decision. This team came out absolutely lifeless today. I'm glad he has a fire about him, but he's certainly not bringing that out of the team. We had a chance to end our "rivals" season (they needed a lot to happen to make the playoffs but that's meaningless) and no one seemed to want to be there. Sure you aren't playing for the playoffs but ending the steelers season sure would seem like the next best thing! Josh Gordon looked like he was already mentally in Hawaii. Chud definitely got a raw deal if he is canned just based on the QBs he was given to work with but that's the NFL. Maybe they are seeing Obrien is actually planning on leaving PSU and want in on that before he officially goes to the Texans? He seems to be all about the under dog (staying with a PSU team that was heavily sanctioned) so it's not out of he realm of possibility this job intrigues him. If they sign Josh McDaniels, I'm giving up on this regime/team completely.

FACTORY OF SADNESS
    1999-????

vCash
    I just don't get it. There has to be more than meets the eye. I hear everyone saying that he has fire...I just don't see it...he looks quite similar to Pat Shurmur on t he sidelines...always looking befuddled and overmatched.

They better have a BIG splash in the works or...they will set this team back further than losing the team to Baltimore...who is going to want to coach here, sign here, get drafted here, watch football here, etc... If they do indeed dump Chud, one of the top 3 names available needs to be waiting on the tarmac at Burke Lakefront Airport to sign their contract.

I get what people are saying about him not having a quarterback in his only season...but how is that different from all of the quarterbacks that we surrounded with practice squad level talent only to bench them when they shockingly didn't succeed? This franchise, as a player said (anonymously), "is a joke".

vCash

2014 Offseason

The organization is garbage from the owner down... I feel sorry for the players who give it all to a front office that sets them up to fail. Haslam needs to look in the mirror before he calls anyone else for quitting on the team. The guy tanked his corporation, has only been interested in selling naming rights, and clearly is determined to finally sink Browns 2.0

ELI WO-MANNING

vCash
    This will get interesting. I am ready to say it's Gruden or Billick.
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    Peter King tweeted Chud has been fired, and that the team released a statement.

Here is the article
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ge-was-needed/

I am officially angry!!!!!
    Last edited by ClevelandFan11; 12-29-2013 at 09:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosar4president View Post
    This will get interesting. I am ready to say it's Gruden or Billick.
    Stop that talk ASAP. It's not chuckie, billick, cower, lovie smith, etc. Big name coach = they will want some/all the say in personal decisions. Lombardi/banner are out to prove what great football people they are and won't want to share the credit. Only way it's a coach like that is if those 2 are also on the way out which isn't happening. I'm TERRIFIED it's going to be McDaniels....
    Last edited by bmxrider9; 12-29-2013 at 10:03 PM.

FACTORY OF SADNESS
    1999-????

vCash
    It better not be Mcdaniels!!!! I think firing Chud is the wrong decision, but it's done now. All that matters now is who. they bring in to replace him.

Horton will get an interview coz of the Rooney rule, and tbh I would rather him than Mcdaniels.

Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast