Page 1 of 110 1231151101 ... LastLast
    vCash

Official 2014 Miami Dolphins Offseason Thread

Go for it.

vCash
    I will start it off
    Looking forward to 2014's 8-8 Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Anybody think that Ross putting together his council of Dungy, Marino, etc. was because he was laying the ground work for making changes in the off season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigtuna View Post
    I will start it off
    Looking forward to 2014's 8-8 Miami Dolphins
    smh let your true colors show dolphin "fan"

vCash
    Any comments made by Ross yet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by murcat410:27693357
    Any comments made by Ross yet?
    Just that he had to evaluate and look at everything. He basically said when you are upset/ disappointed you dont make decisions on the fly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by swartout31 View Post
    Just that he had to evaluate and look at everything. He basically said when you are upset/ disappointed you dont make decisions on the fly.
    I agree with these statements. I think in the end Ireland will be gone, and philbin will be given another year and will be allowed to conduct the GM interviews to figure out someone who can work with him.

Im honestly disgusted by this team right now. We 1000% did not deserve to make the playoffs, but there are definitely things we have to look forward to next year. We had tons of new pieces on defense that will only grow, and our receivers are solid and will only get better chemistry with RT.

I do not think we should overhaul everything again as it would be nice to see the core of the team grow into year 3, as this is statistically when things should get much better.

Where I feel we need new starters however:

FB- Desperately. Not sure why we didn't keep Lane, Rodriguez, or sign leach for whatever he wanted. We need a guy that can #1 get a 3rd/4th and 1 (Ala Lou Polite), and a guy that can help in the run game and pass blocking.

TE2: will be interesting to see what happens with Keller. If he's back, then Clay, Keller, Sims is a good TE group with Egnew being the odd man out. If no Keller, id like to see how Sims grows as a #2... Competition should be brought in though.

LT: We need a franchise player here. No more ******* around.

G: Id like to see us target Cyril Richardson in round 1. He looks to be the next big time guard coming out and I'd like to see us grab him in the teens. As for the other spot, let Garner, Brenner, Thomas, Jerry battle it out.

RT: would like to see us look at James hurst in round 2. Taking 2 big time lineman in rounds 1-2 will send a message that we are committed to protecting tannehill.

SS: Clemons is way too average to give him the money he will want. Sign a ball hawking safety to play with Reshad.

CB2: will be very interesting to see what they do with Patterson. He was injured way too often. Maybe a team friendly deal with incentives. He was awesome when healthy though. Carroll needs to go. Maybe draft someone in the mid rounds, but I think Jamar Taylor will have a big year with a full offseason of work (remember he had the hernia).

That's very doable I feel, but as long as we improve the line, I think there's no reason we shouldn't be in the playoffs.

vCash
    No question we will be a playoff team next season.. The tune around here would be quite different had we won our last two games and went 10-6..

vCash

Miami Dolphins 2013-14 Off Season

I'm super pissed right now but I'll be happy if Ireland, Croyle and Sherman are gone. The only reason I would say Ireland is I really like what Jay Gruden is doing and would be a great HC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade#Heat View Post
    No question we will be a playoff team next season.. The tune around here would be quite different had we won our last two games and went 10-6..
    We lost to 2 teams below .500 to end up 8-8 and not 10-6. That's why some changes need to happen. We do have talent to be a 10 win team but coaching and our preparedness cost us many games this year. We can easily become one of the best teams in the NFL because we were competitive in all but 3 games this year (2 being our last 2 which is ridiculous since we were fighting for a playoff spot.)

If you fire Ireland please fire Philbin. Get a GM/Coach on the same page not a repeat of what happened last time.

vCash
    According to @AdamHBeasley OC Mike Sherman is not expected back with the #Dolphins
    One down

vCash
    ^nice

vCash
    Step 1. Fire Irebust
    Step 2. Fire Philbore and his lackeys
    Step 3. Begin Offseason

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by murcat410 View Post
    One down
    Good. Will be interesting to see who we bring in. Chud?????? He just got fired in Cleveland

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by murcat410 View Post
    According to @AdamHBeasley OC Mike Sherman is not expected back with the #Dolphins
    One down
    Sweet

Page 1 of 110 1231151101 ... LastLast