Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Jabari Parker thread

The kid who was said to be "The best high school player since Lebron James" , in only his junior year of high school.

He's had ten, 20 point games for duke, in his first 12 games played. He's shooting 55%,45% from three, and 77% from the foul line.

I personally think he should drop around 10 pounds before entering the nba. He's current at around 235. For comparison Melo in New York, has weighed about 230, Whiles the quicker Melo in Denver was at about 220.

Either way I'm convinced he's gonna have multiple scoring titles in the nba

vCash
    Early reports saying he's coming back another year

vCash
    Dumbest decision of his life if he does.

The Future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbw241 View Post
    Dumbest decision of his life if he does.
    To be honest, I think he has a few areas of his game that he can improve by staying another year. Is he ready for the NBA? Absolutely. But it would be hard to imagine he wouldn't be a top 5 pick again next year if he decided to stay.

vCash
    He should be a Buck

vCash
    IMO, if you think you're a lottery pick, you go. You don't turn down gauranteed contract like that if the opportunity presents itself (peace Gordon, wish you the best). Too many possible negatives and I can't see how another year would really improve his nba stock when he's a lock for a top pick. He just has to love the college experience to want to stay IMO

As doc rivers says: you mature in college, you refine and work on your game in the pros

vCash
    Personally, I think he stays. Here's the thing with Jabari. He's the most polished offensive player in college, but he'd probably be picked 3rd this year if Wiggins and Embiid are both in the draft pool. Wiggins would get drafted based on potential, and Embiid is a legit 7 footer who also has potential. Their ceilings will probably be seen as a bit higher than Jabari's.

Next year, Jabari's biggest competition for the #1 pick might be his own teammate, Jhalil Okafor. His offensive game is still going to be there, and might even improve in the off season with a better conditioning and training regimen.

Finally, everyone in the NBA can score. Sure, Jabari can score better than most, but it's not like he'll be the best scorer in the league. Jabari can't defend for his life. Teams attacked him. In the NBA, he'd be exposed immediately. There's something to be said about getting better by playing against the best, but sometimes that can work against you. If he can't defend college players yet, he'll ride the bench against the pros.

There's always the injury risk and the potential to lose out on money, sure. But if he genuinely loves playing at Duke, wants to stay one more year, and improves in the process, all the better for him. It's his decision.