Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Hats off to the NFLs true Iron Man, London Fletcher, in his 256th and final NFL start

I felt a need to make this thread for a man who I believe to be one of the most underrated and under-appreciated players to ever grace an NFL field.

This year wasn't a bright spot for him individually or as a team, but that still will never take away from the stellar body of work that he's put together through the course of an outstanding career.

An Undrafted Free Agent coming out of John Carroll in 1998, Fletcher made an immediate impact on the Rams as their team-nominated rookie of the year playing in all 16 games. The following year, the Division III product earned the starting MLB job and helped lead the Rams on their path to the Superbowl. He's never looked back since.

An unassuming team first player, Fletcher's always remained in the shadows. For many reasons, he's never received the recognition and awards that his play on the field should have warranted. Playing amongst the likes of the always boisterous and all-world Ray Lewis, fellow NFL greats Brian Urlacher and Zach Thomas, followed by up-and-coming superstars Jon Beason and Patrick Willis, as well as other good ILBs on winning teams like Farrior, Trotter, Seau, and Bruschi, Fletchers consistently great performances often went unnoticed.

While he may not have all the awards and accolades that he deserved, 256 consecutive starts of high-caliber performance as a 5'10 MLB in this league speaks for itself. While its true that many injuries are pure chance, it was no fluke that Fletcher remained healthy and productive for 16 years.

Dedication to physically prepare his body in the offseason and week in and week out during the season. Toughness to play through all the injuries he's sustained over the years. Passion to stick with it for as long as he has, even through many difficult team seasons. The love for the game to put on all-pro caliber performances year in and year out without recognition.

The adjectives for describing London Fletcher are endless, but his career is not. As London Fletcher is just moments away from his final time lacing up the cleats, I just wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you to a man who embodies everything I love about football. A great football player and a seemingly great person, I'll be sad to see him go.

Hats off, Iron Man. I had a blast watching you play this game I do so dearly love.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Salute, better stats than Ray Lewis not even counting this season check it out

vCash
    Where does seanfootballfocus rank him?

vCash
    Here, here i say! Here, here!
    TWINSIES!!

vCash
    always liked london as a player...went to john carroll just up the road from where i grew up....totes beast

vCash
    Very impressive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Where does seanfootballfocus rank him?
    In the Hall of Fame.

vCash
    Bravo to Fletcher . . . and the Giants fan who started the thread along with those fans who acknowledge the man.
    Done - thank goodness

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I felt a need to make this thread for a man who I believe to be one of the most underrated and under-appreciated players to ever grace an NFL field.

This year wasn't a bright spot for him individually or as a team, but that still will never take away from the stellar body of work that he's put together through the course of an outstanding career.

An Undrafted Free Agent coming out of John Carroll in 1998, Fletcher made an immediate impact on the Rams as their team-nominated rookie of the year playing in all 16 games. The following year, the Division III product earned the starting MLB job and helped lead the Rams on their path to the Superbowl. He's never looked back since.

An unassuming team first player, Fletcher's always remained in the shadows. For many reasons, he's never received the recognition and awards that his play on the field should have warranted. Playing amongst the likes of the always boisterous and all-world Ray Lewis, fellow NFL greats Brian Urlacher and Zach Thomas, followed by up-and-coming superstars Jon Beason and Patrick Willis, as well as other good ILBs on winning teams like Farrior, Trotter, Seau, and Bruschi, Fletchers consistently great performances often went unnoticed.

While he may not have all the awards and accolades that he deserved, 256 consecutive starts of high-caliber performance as a 5'10 MLB in this league speaks for itself. While its true that many injuries are pure chance, it was no fluke that Fletcher remained healthy and productive for 16 years.

Dedication to physically prepare his body in the offseason and week in and week out during the season. Toughness to play through all the injuries he's sustained over the years. Passion to stick with it for as long as he has, even through many difficult team seasons. The love for the game to put on all-pro caliber performances year in and year out without recognition.

The adjectives for describing London Fletcher are endless, but his career is not. As London Fletcher is just moments away from his final time lacing up the cleats, I just wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you to a man who embodies everything I love about football. A great football player and a seemingly great person, I'll be sad to see him go.

Hats off, Iron Man. I had a blast watching you play this game I do so dearly love.
    Good post, well said. Thanks for everything Iron Man!
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    So so so underappreciated. Always wished he was on the Giants. Sad to see him go, but hell of a career.

vCash
    The real most under appreciated player of all time is Jim Katcavage. Boom. what's up
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    rats off to ya, London
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    The real most under appreciated player of all time is Jim Katcavage. Boom. what's up
    I thought u were going to say Tim Tebow for a minute

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    Kawhi is going to get murdered by Lebron. He is going to make a name for himself, as the guy who cost the Spurs a championship. Guy is garbage on defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    I thought u were going to say Tim Tebow for a minute
    You have to be rated, to be under rated. Amirite?
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Always wished he was on the Giants.
    This x 1,000,000

Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Who cares.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast