Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Chargers Pro Bowl list

IF your into this popularity contest or media force fed favorites, this it for us this year;

2013 Pro Bowl selection
    Quarterback Philip Rivers deservedly earned his fifth Pro Bowl invitation (+1 alt and 1 refusal; ACL tear) Friday evening when the NFL announced this year’s all-star team headed to Hawaii.
    Philip Rivers has a NFL-best 69.7 completion percentage. He’s third in the league in yards per attempt (8.3), fourth in passing yards (4,249) and fifth in touchdown passes (29).
    Weddle has played every snap on defense for the Chargers this season, leading San Diego in tackles with 101. Weddle also has two interceptions and a sack.

Tight end Antonio Gates was named a third alternate. Gates leads San Diego in receptions, with 73 for 841 yards and three touchdowns.

Center Nick Hardwick was named a fourth alternate. Hardwick is on pace to start every game in 2013, anchoring a unit that has started six different offensive line combinations this season.

Hardwick and the rest of San Diego’s offensive line have done a nice job protecting Rivers, who has been sacked just 27 times this season, compared to 49 times last year. The Chargers also are No. 13 in the NFL in rushing (118.6 yards per game).

Along with Hardwick, San Diego punter Mike Scifres and fullback Le’Ron McClain were voted as fourth alternates. And running back Ryan Mathews was selected as a sixth alternate. Mathews has rushed for a career-high 1,111 yards this season.

McClain seriously? Ah well...

vCash
    PS. I was hoping for better results from the "All Pro" selections however ... sigh ...

vCash
    I was hoping for Nick Novak and Darrell Stuckey. Still surprised Mike Scifres is an alternate. Anyways good luck Phil and Weddle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chargedx View Post
    I was hoping for Nick Novak and Darrell Stuckey. Still surprised Mike Scifres is an alternate. Anyways good luck Phil and Weddle.
    Me too. Novaks been clutch and Stucky I thought was a shoe in for ST... ah well... we wouldn't be the Chargers if we were not overlooked.