Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

NFL Prospects 2014

I did this last year and am bringing it back this year. I have been going through different players and doing my evaluations of them. I will post them in here and I invite anyone who wants to do their own evaluations and post them to go right ahead.

Disclaimer: This is my views of what the skills of the players I have watched. Just because we may disagree doesn't mean either one of us is right or wrong this is my opinion and my views. I am also going by the cut-ups and select games I have found which some are a year old so these views might change if I get newer videos. Also, I am not gonna add my draft rounds to them until we get through some of the pre-draft events ie combine, senior bowl.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Devonte Parker WR Louisville - he is at the average sized height for a receiver, strong hands, good route running, does try to catch the ball away from the body a little too much which leads to a few drops. I wonder about his speed, he doesn't seem to seperate from receivers too well. he does seem to be a strong receiver.

Arthur Lynch TE Georgia - Is more of a blocking Tight End, is very strong, has ok speed not gonna run away from too many defenders or make them miss but, he does have good hands and seems to be able to find the gaps in the Defense. When blocking he does a good job of squaring his shoulders and driving the defender back.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington - with his size he is definitely more of a blocking end although I did watch him line-up in the slot. he wasn't too quick off the line but he does have good hands. with his size he should be a better blocker needs to drive on his defender more.

Odell Beckham Jr WR LSU - strong hands, I watched him catch a Kickoff one handed. good jump ball reciever especially for only being about 6ft if you throw it up there most of the time he is coming down with it. he has good speed and is quick off the line. has the ability to make defenders miss and has good vision on returns. I would say he is an ok route runner but could use some work in that category.

Zack Kerr DT/NT Delaware - High motore, moves very quick for a big man. very disruptive good awareness. even when caught by blocker keeps his arms stretched to grab back coming through gap. can get caught by a double team but wins a lot of one vs one battles. plays to whistle, only listed at 6'1 so he is on the shorter side for a DL. I think with a strong senior bowl and combine he could go up a lot of big boards.

Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh - quick, seems to be a pure speed rusher as he is always trying to run passed the blocker. doesn't seperate from block very well once caught. he doesn't seem to always give 100% on the field.

Loucheiz Purifoy CB Florida - good speed. Mirrors receiver well more of a press man to man corner than a zone. Physical corner, uses his hands a lot pulls at the ball. I watched them even use him in a few plays on Offense. could learn to tackle a little better. I think he has a lot of talent and with the right system he could be a starter in the league.
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Solo Tackles: 49
    Assist Tackles: 15
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 5
    Ints:1
    TDs:

vCash
    I don't know if people are actually reading these but here are a few more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CJ Mosley ILB Alabama - Has good speed, has good awareness always seems to be able to sniff out the ball. Coverage skills are good has spped to stay with receiver. solid tackler but, does tend to lunge. has a hard time seperating from blocker, when a hole is open he is quick getting through but, I worry about him trying to create his own hole.

HaHa Clinton-Dix Safety Alabama - good speed not great but, good. good solid tackler with a touch of a mean streak. is a centerfield style safety plays better deep rather than close to the line. scans the field well has the awareness to know where the ball is.

Ahmad Dixon Safety Baylor - bites on play actions and fakes a little too much. needs to work on awareness. good recovery speed. needs to work on tackling takes poor angles. coverage skills are ok can read the qb to under cut routes.

Kelvin Benjamin WR FSU - good size, good hands, does need to concentrate on the ball, dropped a few by looking ahead before completing the catch. needs to work harder to get open when QB is in trouble. Probably more of a red zone threat. there are some concerns about his spped but, I think his speed is ok. I saw him get passed Florida cb Loucheiz Purifoy and Purifoy has great speed. it will be interesting to see what he runs at combine.

TJ Jones WR ND - Speed reciever. has good hands, ability to make defenders miss. Not a lot of clips on him but, what there was it did look good. Probably could polis his route running up a bit.

Deone Buchannon Safety Washington State - has good awareness and ability to track the ball. needs to tackle better lunges and tries to shoe string tackle too much.
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

TDs:

vCash
    I really like these short information about the players. But why don't you post them in the draft thread?

vCash
    Because PB is a big deal. He gets his own

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Berliner View Post
    I really like these short information about the players. But why don't you post them in the draft thread?
    I don't know just kind of thought that they would just get lost in the Draft thread
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Because PB is a big deal. He gets his own
    Damn those mods and their special treatment. lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Berliner View Post
    Damn those mods and their special treatment. lol
    nooo if you ask norm I'm not a mod I am just a hall monitor
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

TDs:

vCash
    FWIW: Devonte Parker will return to college and not declare.

vCash
    He's an internet nanny***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    nooo if you ask norm I'm not a mod I am just a hall monitor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-ToV9rPqJQ

vCash
    What is your thoughts on Purifoy playing safety. He looks like he could to me.

vCash
    What is your thoughts on Purifoy playing safety. He looks like he could to me.
    I don't know if you are joking with me because of us having the debate about Hyde moving to safety or if you are being seirous but if you are being serious I think there could be a chance theoretically you could move anyone to safety if you get them early enough and they are willing to work hard to do it. But, in my opinion I think he is a press corner kind of like you think shields should do more he has the speed to recover and can stick to his man like glue. However with his awareness and ability to cover the field he probably could do it
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I don't know if you are joking with me because of us having the debate about Hyde moving to safety or if you are being seirous but if you are being serious I think there could be a chance theoretically you could move anyone to safety if you get them early enough and they are willing to work hard to do it. But, in my opinion I think he is a press corner kind of like you think shields should do more he has the speed to recover and can stick to his man like glue. However with his awareness and ability to cover the field he probably could do it
    No, I'm serious. It's becoming a more popular conversion idea on the web. I still like Roby from OSU as my safety conversion.

vCash
    No, I'm serious. It's becoming a more popular conversion idea on the web. I still like Roby from OSU as my safety conversion.
    I haven't watched anything on Roby not even when OSU and Iowa played cause I believe he was the one that got ejected in that game lol
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

TDs:

vCash
    Good stuff PB.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast