Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Signs point to Rex Ryans Return

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articl...rn-282129.html

I for one would be VERY Happy!!!!!!

vCash
    Like it.. Not the biggest problem.. Talent on the offensive side of the ball is
    We got this!!!

vCash
    Smart move if they do so. Give Geno Smith some continuity with Mornhinweg as OC, let the defense continually develop, find more offensive weapons and this team should be better in 2014.

vCash
    Wonder if Rex will get an extension? As I have said before, speaking from an owner perspective, if Rex was going to be fired, it should have been done after last season when you had rationale to do so. This year, if he did anything above 6-10 I don't see how you could fire him, given the lack of talent in many areas and the fact so many people were predicting 3 and 4 wins. With the team being at worst 7-9, it was going to be tough to justify.

If I am Idzik and the Jets, Rex has 2014 and it is a ultimatum: Playoffs or Fired, given the cap space to sign talent and what likely will be 10-12 draft picks.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Wonder if Rex will get an extension? As I have said before, speaking from an owner perspective, if Rex was going to be fired, it should have been done after last season when you had rationale to do so. This year, if he did anything above 6-10 I don't see how you could fire him, given the lack of talent in many areas and the fact so many people were predicting 3 and 4 wins. With the team being at worst 7-9, it was going to be tough to justify.

If I am Idzik and the Jets, Rex has 2014 and it is a ultimatum: Playoffs or Fired, given the cap space to sign talent and what likely will be 10-12 draft picks.
    Agree with you on letting him coach out his contract and evaluate him on his next season. If the team is progressing then extend his contract.
    Wish the news,if it's true, would come out after the game though. Extra incentive to filet the phish.

vCash
    According to Ian Rapport Rex and his coaches do not know if they will be returning. Although thoughts have turned positive.

vCash
    Great move. Now keep Geno at QB and Idzik better have 2 new stud WR or he himself should be fired.

If we have Eric Decker and Mike Evans/Sammy Watkins on this squad along with Kerley, we're winning 12 games.

vCash
    Good additions add tj ward and u might have a division winner :-)

vCash
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 11h
    FWIW: Rex Ryan and John Idzik met throughout the week, per source. Feeling around team is that no announcement would be made until after gm.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 12h
    Sources: Indications are that Rex Ryan will return as Jets coach in 2014. #nyj

So will Rex survive Black Monday.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    Great move. Now keep Geno at QB and Idzik better have 2 new stud WR or he himself should be fired.

If we have Eric Decker and Mike Evans/Sammy Watkins on this squad along with Kerley, we're winning 12 games.
    I think Decker will command #! money but he's not a true #1.And I also don't think Idzik goes expensive FA route. I think a more likely/cheaper scenario would be getting Jeremy Maclin and or Golden Tate. Maclin knows Marty's system and Tate is familiar with Idzik from Seattle.

Would love for them to draft a WR but I think Idzik goes BPA. Hard to tell who's that going to be. May not be the WR or TE we all desperately want.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    And I'll be glad if they keep Rex. He has his flaws but I think after usually firing coaches after 4 or so years the past few coaches, I look forward to seeing some continuity and stability in the organization.

Rex isn't perfect but he isn't the main problem with this team. He's a good coach and a great motivator. Players love playing for him. He's a great defensive mind and with some upgraded talent on O I think he can continue progressing in the right direction.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Mike Freeman ‏@mikefreemanNFL
    Not sure it will matter but I'm told some Jets players have made personal appeal to management to keep Rex Ryan.

vCash
    Attention Jets fans Rex staying isn't official yet! It's all speculation! I just don't want my fellow Jets fans getting so excited he's staying and than he gets fired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYflightboy View Post
    I think Decker will command #! money but he's not a true #1.And I also don't think Idzik goes expensive FA route. I think a more likely/cheaper scenario would be getting Jeremy Maclin and or Golden Tate. Maclin knows Marty's system and Tate is familiar with Idzik from Seattle.

Would love for them to draft a WR but I think Idzik goes BPA. Hard to tell who's that going to be. May not be the WR or TE we all desperately want.
    We have a ton of money.. We need to spend it. Decker is a 1/2 it won't matter. He's been putting up beastly stats in Denver. There's no telling how Maclin will perform off that injury.

If Idzik doesn't spend massively on offense he's an idiot. I'm sick of offseason after offseason focusing on FA defensive players and in the early rounds of the draft. It's time for offense and nothing else.

Defense proved it can hold it's own this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast