Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steph's defense

vCash

Steph's defense

Maybe it's just me but his defense has seemed stellar. His drtg is great, better than LeBron's, Tony Allen's, Avery Bradley's, etc. He's playing good on ball defense, coming up with lots of steals, contesting shots, dodging screens

Do you guys think he should make it or at least get consideration for all d?

Recent matchups against good PGs:

3-9 (Bledsoe)
    9-20 (CP3)
    5-14 (Ty Lawson)
    4-9 (Holiday)
    7-16 (Bledsoe)
    Last edited by ThaDubs; 12-28-2013 at 07:03 PM.

#wankfortiggins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDubs View Post
    Maybe it's just me but his defense has seemed stellar. His drtg is great, better than LeBron's, Tony Allen's, Avery Bradley's, etc. He's playing good on ball defense, coming up with lots of steals, contesting shots, dodging screens

Do you guys think he should make it or at least get consideration?

Recent matchups against good PGs:

3-9 (Bledsoe)
    9-20 (CP3)
    5-14 (Ty Lawson)
    4-9 (Holiday)
    7-16 (Bledsoe)
    He gets moved off those guys for a big chunk of the game. His d has improved but it's still not that great it's just average.

vCash

Steph's defense

Drtg is highly influenced by team defense.

vCash
    He's improved. He knows how to play people and where to put himself on the floor. It all comes back to fundamentals and Steph is one of those players like Nash that can improve with age.

vCash
    any player can improve with age.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Yeah I know drtg is influence heavily by team defense but that applies for everyone in the league so having a drtg of 101 is impressive regardless. But I've seen him play great defense recently and he's coming up with a lot of steals. I think Curry is becoming a great defensive player.

#wankfortiggins

vCash
    Yeah I know drtg is influence heavily by team defense but that applies for everyone in the league so having a drtg of 101 is impressive regardless. But I've seen him play great defense recently and he's coming up with a lot of steals. I think Curry is becoming a great defensive player.
    Hahaha I'm sorry but no. AI came up with a lot of steals but that didn't make him a great defender. Currys showing improved signs of actually being committed to trying which is a good chunk of it but he isn't on his way to becoming a great defender. Curry will most likely become an above average defender but never truly great.

vCash
    He's been alright/good.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Hahaha I'm sorry but no. AI came up with a lot of steals but that didn't make him a great defender. Currys showing improved signs of actually being committed to trying which is a good chunk of it but he isn't on his way to becoming a great defender. Curry will most likely become an above average defender but never truly great.
    I wasn't saying he was a good defender because of the steals he gets.

#wankfortiggins

vCash
    But not everyone in the league has Bogut and Iguodala in the same starting 5 with a guy like Draymond coming off the bench.

Don't get me wrong, Curry has definitely improved defensively, but I don't see him becoming a great defensive player.

vCash
    I wasn't saying he was a good defender because of the steals he gets.
    For sure but he still isn't becoming a great defensive player. He is trying harder tho which is good to see but he is average to above average at best

vCash
    He's been decent, which is as good as I could expect.

vCash
    The only thing that's changed is that he's not making the fundamental mistakes he's made in the past. AI and Green and Bogut have been good influences and the team scheme is making his adjustments simpler than they were in his first years.

Curry is a decent defensive player who is putting in a lot more effort in a good scheme.

vCash
    If this thread is to mock Curry, it is a shame cause being so gifted as a shooter and running the point, his misgivings on the defensive end does not warrant making fun of. The Warriors are contenders because of Curry so give him some slack.
    Last edited by eDush; 12-29-2013 at 03:02 AM.

vCash
    If great to you guys mean above average for most everyone else then yes. Great for most is a word reserve for elite defenders like Tony A, Tyson C, Kawhi L and the likes. Curry will never come close to that class of defenders based on the way his frame is built with fragile ankles that could buckle from doing the shimmy shake after a nice play but being such a deadly arc shooter from distance, being average on defense is more than acceptable for the Warriors. There is no need for this pointless thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast