Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

IGT: Philadelphia Flyers at Edmonton Oilers

Time: 10:00pm
    Place: Rexall Place

Game Notes:

- Oilers have won two straight after losing their previous 6 games in regulation.
    - Oilers are coming off of a 2-0 win over CGY last night.
    - Oilers have given up more goals than anyone in the NHL.
    - Flyers are coming off of a 4-1 win over MIN on Monday in Philadelphia.
    - Steve Downie is expected to return to the lineup tonight and start the game on the 4th line; Hall has been under the weather lately and is likely to sit this one out.
    - Claude Giroux and Jake Voracek will look to extend their career high point streaks.
    - Flyers will face Ilya Bryzgalov for the first time since they bought him out this off-season; he has a 2.80 GAA and .915 SV% this season.

vCash
    over/under how many of us are awake and posting on this thread in the 3rd period:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    over/under how many of us are awake and posting on this thread in the 3rd period:

Well i will be so...over hopefully lol

vCash
    I will probably. Great time for a game here in california

vCash

And miss the opportunity to boo Bryz from the comforts of my couch? Not a chance good sir.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    is it Edmonton that has a man-crush on Simmonds? can never remember what Canadian team loves him a ton. I like Simmonds but think I'd really like some Eberle. I miss the Eberle trade rumors.

vCash
    just a side note I thought I would throw out there since I am sure nobody else has noticed. Sam Morin has matched his point production of last season, in about half the games. Last year he was chosen in the 1st round after a 4 goal, 12 assist, 46 games season, with the hopes it was a sign of things to come with his offensive progression. He is now at 4 goals, 13 assists, 28 games. Good news there. His +/- is down but that can be the result of a ton of different factors.

vCash
    is it Edmonton that has a man-crush on Simmonds? can never remember what Canadian team loves him a ton. I like Simmonds but think I'd really like some Eberle. I miss the Eberle trade rumors.
    Yeah EDM loves them some Simmonds. It would have to be Simmonds plus a lot more though to land Eberle. Aside from Hall he is the only young guy they have that has proven he can score consistently and stay healthy.

Really dont think its worth trading away valuable assets if it isnt for D help.

just a side note I thought I would throw out there since I am sure nobody else has noticed. Sam Morin has matched his point production of last season, in about half the games. Last year he was chosen in the 1st round after a 4 goal, 12 assist, 46 games season, with the hopes it was a sign of things to come with his offensive progression. He is now at 4 goals, 13 assists, 28 games. Good news there. His +/- is down but that can be the result of a ton of different factors.
    I habe been watching for updates on him. Only thing that concerns me a bit is that he wasnt even considered for Team Canada for the WJC. I know its not a huge deal, but it would have been nice to see him oit there against the best of the best at that level, and to know that he didnt make the cut is a tad bit alarming.

But yes he has improved a bit offensively this season which is great to see. I still think he is a bit farther off than most though. I think if he is with the Flyers next season it will be a mistake. He still has a ton of improving to do specifically with his skating, and if thats not fixed before he reaches the NHL he may never reach his full potential (cough Luke Schenn cough). Not that Morin is a horrible skater, because hes not. But minor things in his technique that he simply wont be able to work on if he is playing in the NHL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    I habe been watching for updates on him. Only thing that concerns me a bit is that he wasnt even considered for Team Canada for the WJC. I know its not a huge deal, but it would have been nice to see him oit there against the best of the best at that level, and to know that he didnt make the cut is a tad bit alarming.

But yes he has improved a bit offensively this season which is great to see. I still think he is a bit farther off than most though. I think if he is with the Flyers next season it will be a mistake. He still has a ton of improving to do specifically with his skating, and if thats not fixed before he reaches the NHL he may never reach his full potential (cough Luke Schenn cough). Not that Morin is a horrible skater, because hes not. But minor things in his technique that he simply wont be able to work on if he is playing in the NHL.
    On the WJC, in retrospect he is only 18 and theres only 7 eligible spots for that team, in a country that bleeds defensemen. Dumba and Reinhart occupy 2 spots, one is in the NHL right now and the other should be. only alarming one for me is Morrissey making the team without Morin even being considered, but I assume the WJC is played on an Olympic sized rink, so you want a team of defensemen that are the highest possible level of mobility and skating for sure.

vCash
    man, Bryz has made 2 saves and both he has had just terrible fundamentals

vCash
    Figured theyd get off to a slow start tonight. EDM played last night. Gotta get their legs under them and Mase needs to tighten up.

That second goal was all on him.

vCash
    Bryz is a bad man

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Sigh I jinxed him

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Flyers have no finish at all. No wonder a guy has to turn it off when a shoot out comes. G is the only one who can finish on a break away.

vCash
    Simmonds is just teasing the Edmonton front office now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast