Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

If Nets dont turn it around Kidd likely gone by ASG

Not really a shocker

tís a mess. The Nets are 9-19 heading into the weekend and itís hard to see how Jason Kidd is going to pull them out of it.

Which could cost him his job, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.

Hereís the question management is grappling with: Does Brooklyn start unloading its star players and stay the course with the coach, or unload the coach and let someone else coach these star players?

The loss of center Brook Lopez doesnít deliver Kidd the guarantee of surviving his first season as coach. Whatever the dismal Atlantic Division standings say about the Nets trailing first place by only three games, Kidd wonít reach the All-Star break without restoring order to his team.

The report says that as things have gotten worse Kidd has isolated himself in the organization, away from management and the players. Thatís not good.

Struggling teams need a lot of structure and very defined roles for players, which helps them turn things around and start to gain confidence. That isnít happening in Brooklyn, Wojnarowski reports.

More than once, sources said, players have stood in the locker room and told Kidd they donít understand their roles, that thereís confusion about their principles. When the Nets players keep insisting they donít have a team identity, theyíre offering code words for Kiddís inability to give them clear structure, organization and vision.

The report gets into Lawrence Frank being let go, Iím not going to beat that dead horse again. Suffice to say, with Frank gone Kidd doesnít have a scapegoat anymore.

The bottom line is the bottom line ó Mikhail Prokhorov is paying $190 million for this team and he isnít getting the contender he wanted. Heís not even getting a playoff team as of right now. If youíre spending that kind of money, you want your moneyís worth.

If youíre not getting it, you demand changes. That should worry Kidd.

That said, if Kidd is fired GM Billy King and Prokhorovís ownership group need to step to the podium at the press conference and accept the responsibility for the mistakes they made with this hire and roster construction. Weíll see if they would be willing to do that.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...all-star-game/
    Twitter me PSDers I follow back @Electrro

vCash
    Kidd was a ridiculous hire to begin with, but to blame him for KG/Pierce/Terry finally dropping off a cliff for being old, and his GM signing the often injured AK, and on top of that, the injuries we ALL EXPECTED (except Nets fans), how is this Kidd's fault?

This team was a paper strong team with age and injury history. Anyone who actually thought they would contend is delusional. Been saying it since last summer.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    You don't fire a new coach in the first year before the all star break
    The real 99% are idiots and sheep when you post give me a reason to believe you are part of the 1%.

vCash
    It was a weird hire to begin with. BK is gonna get the boot first though. Then Kidd

Wiggins-Mobile

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Kidd was a ridiculous hire to begin with, but to blame him for KG/Pierce/Terry finally dropping off a cliff for being old, and his GM signing the often injured AK, and on top of that, the injuries we ALL EXPECTED (except Nets fans), how is this Kidd's fault?

This team was a paper strong team with age and injury history. Anyone who actually thought they would contend is delusional. Been saying it since last summer.
    We all expected Brook to go down for the season? Nothing delusional about liking this teams chances if healthy and if KG/Pierce could have staved off regression for another year. They looked deep albeit flawed in the starting lineup.

Surely their performance has surprised even you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15:27684509

This!

Kidd just got out of an NBA uniform and to just give him a head coaching job of a team that looks like a serious contender was ridiculous for any rookie head coach --> especially one with no coaching experience.

He's only fixing this if he subs himself in when Deron is sucking... lol

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    They ain't firing a 1st yr. coach that early. Sources w/ no legit source.

I just got home and read a ridiculous stat.

Livingston 20 pts.
    D-Will 9?

are they serious w/ this dude?
    shots fired?

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Nets FO was very wrong hiring Kidd..there are lots of more experienced coach than Kidd..

vCash
    Billy King should be fired 5 minutes before Kidd. Incompetent.

vCash
    I don't think Kidd is the issue there. I think very few coaches make a major plus or minus to a teams record. Most are average, maybe 10-15% great, and 10-15% awful. Just depends on who they have on that roster.

I don't think coaching makes that team healthy or recaptures youth from the old players on it. You chose Kidd, you tried a last hurrah run, now give him the rebuild. Let him learn and grow with the team. Not even Phil Jackson is coming in and turning this into a .500 team with who they have right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    We all expected Brook to go down for the season? Nothing delusional about liking this teams chances if healthy and if KG/Pierce could have staved off regression for another year. They looked deep albeit flawed in the starting lineup.

Surely their performance has surprised even you
    did I think they would be this bad? No. But I had literally zip faith they would hold up, and knew injuries were coming. Did I predict it to crush their young star? Of course not. I simply never bought the Nets as a contender at all. You should have seen the slip with KG, Pierce, and companies play the last 2 years, and put them on the same roster as JJ, a Deron who hasn't been the same in 3 years, and those expectations.

I figured they won 45 games, and were bounced in round 1. So yes, I didn't even see this coming...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

A small town called nunya god damn bidness
    vCash
    How do u predict injuries tho? Hawk?

I just don't see how Avery was the problem, then pj, now Kidd?

vCash
    I doubt if PP and KG could stave off injuries. Too challenging for them.

Stay hungry, stay foolish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AIMelo=KillaDUO View Post
    How do u predict injuries tho? Hawk?

I just don't see how Avery was the problem, then pj, now Kidd?
    The injuries isn't hard. Garnett has only played 70+ games once in the past 5 years. 04-05 was the last time he played 80 in a season.

AK has missed games left and right too 18, 18, 24 in his past 3 years in the NBA.

If you have an old team, injuries shouldn't be a surprise

PJ hasn't been a winning coach since the mid-90's. He was a stopgap solution, no more. Even had he gotten them out of the first round, I doubt they would have held on to him.

Avery... Ehhh... He'll win with a talented team and lose with a bad one. Nothing special there, but he got 3 years to prove it.

vCash
    "If"? They aren't going to turn it around, this team is simply awful. If anyone deserves to be fired, it's Billy King. I don't get it, does he have something on Prokorov? Witness tampering, fraud, insider trading- this guy must know SOMETHING and that's why he's still employed. How many bad decisions does the man have to make before he gets canned?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast