Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Very underrated stat that we have all overlooked this season...giveaways

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...overs/4225119/

Full article here but the main snippets I want to point out...

Practice hasn't made the Luck-led offense perfect, but the daily emphasis has achieved the desired results. Heading into Sunday's regular-season finale against Jacksonville at Lucas Oil Stadium, the Colts have 14 turnovers after enduring 27 last season. For perspective, consider:

>> The franchise record of 17 was set in 2004 and matched in '08.

>> Only five teams in NFL history have gone through a season with fewer, led by the 2010 New England Patriots (10) and 2011 San Francisco 49ers (10).

>> The turnovers include four lost fumbles. The club record is five, last achieved in '09. Only four NFL teams have finished with fewer than four.
    And on Luck...this is awesome

With ball security, it starts with Luck. He set a passel of rookie passing records in 2012 but was responsible for 23 of the Colts' 27 turnovers with 18 interceptions and five lost fumbles.

"I knew I needed to improve in that facet," Luck said. "It's hard to compare year-to-year, (but) I knew if we as a team want to have a chance to win, offensively we have to take care of the ball.

"By the position, the ball's in the quarterback's hands every snap, so I knew I needed to do a better job."

It wasn't a wasted offseason. Luck has turned the ball over 11 times, and his nine interceptions match Peyton Manning's career low in Indy — in '06 when the Colts won Super Bowl XLI.
    Bravo Pagano, Hamilton, and co.

#iubb

vCash
    I guess if there is a benefit to the more conservative Hamilton approach it's the fact that Andrew takes better care of the ball. He takes more calculated risks instead of being a gun slinger.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    While this stat is fantastic...the conservative 1st half approach is a huge reason for those terrible 1st half showings this year we keep hearing too much about.

That said, one thing that is amazing about this stat: Luck is not turning the ball over when the Defense knows he will be throwing almost the entire 2nd half after all those terrible holes we have dug in the first half.

vCash
    Two things were always pounded into my head from both playing and watching football:

Time of possession
    Win the turnover battle

You will win most games if your team does both.
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyld1 View Post
    Two things were always pounded into my head from both playing and watching football:

Time of possession
    Win the turnover battle

You will win most games if your team does both.
    What about No penalties?
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    What about No penalties?
    Lol, or just scoring more than the other team? ....seriously though TOP and winning the turnover battle usually mean a W...though of course being disciplined and having fewer penalties helps too!
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    Well I'm pretty sure the Colts lead the league in fewest penalties this year.

#3in5

<3