Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Rumored 3 team deal has Deng to Houston, Asik to Atlanta and Lin to Chicago

After not finding a deal that Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey deemed reasonable for backup center Omer Asik last week, the rumors have now swirled to involve point guard Jeremy Lin as a possible package deal. Earlier this week, it was reported that Morey talked to the Brooklyn Nets about a potential deal involving Asik/Lin for Deron Williams, and now it appears that a 3-team trade is being explored with the Chicago Bulls and Atlanta Hawks.

According to FOX Sports, the Bulls have inquired about trading for Lin in exchange for Luol Deng, with the Hawks being a possible destination for Asik.
    (source)
    OPERATION "BOOM!"
    THE BLOW UP WILL BE TELEVISED

King Phil's entrance music
    I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Ehh. Houston with Deng and Parsons? Doesn't make that much sense to me.
    Lakers
    49ers
    Dodgers

vCash
    Can Butler play the 3? Lin will probably be the 6th man once Rose comes back. Possibly sharing the 2 guard spot in the 4th quarter. At least playing as backup for Bulls is better than playing backup for that Kevin Mcfail team with that clown playing C.

Sim League Spurs
    Gary Payton | Tim Duncan
    2000-01: NBA Finalist
    2001-02: First Round

vCash
    Jimmy is big enough *pause* to play the 3 spot. I'm just trying to figure out how. The contracts don't all match up.
    OPERATION "BOOM!"

vCash
    Source is kind of dodgy, but from a practical perspective Lin would make some sense for the Bulls.

Lin is a decent starting PG, and is able to play on and off the ball so would be solid in a 2 guard line up with Rose + Lin. Given that one of the Bulls' biggest issues is scoring, having 2 explosive guards could relieve a tremendous amount of pressure.

The real question is whether the Bulls are willing to eat the $15M balloon payment despite it only being an $8.3M cap hit. However, if the only way to keep Rose happy is to try to keep as much of the team intact as possible, then acquiring Lin would at least mean that this season wouldn't be a complete waste for the Bulls.

They could make a legitimate run for a play off spot, and potentially get into the 2nd round. Won't help that much against Indiana and Miami, but it's better than burning the season I'm guessing.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    the source is dodgy but it's a Foxsports initial story. This source just plugged the story.
    OPERATION "BOOM!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    Jimmy is big enough *pause* to play the 3 spot. I'm just trying to figure out how. The contracts don't all match up.
    Assuming Butler plays the 3, Atlanta has to send salary back to Chicago. I'm guessing Kyle Korver? Not sure what Chicago's needs are.

vCash
    Why would the Bulls be willing to give up an All Star top 8 SF for Jeremy Lin?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Assuming Butler plays the 3, Atlanta has to send salary back to Chicago. I'm guessing Kyle Korver? Not sure what Chicago's needs are.
    Why would the Hawks give up Kyle Korver just to get Asik? No thanks. Korver is our only consistent SG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    Expiring contract.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

vCash
    Bleh, duplicate post.

vCash
    Stupid duplicate post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    While I do agree that Lin makes little sense for the Bulls, you're overrating Deng's value. People need to remember that Deng is going to be 29 for the next upcoming FA and is inevitably going to demand one last big contract. When you factor his age and injury history, the chances of him living up to said contract are very limited.

Besides all else, Deng's play probably holds more value to the Bulls than it will for any other team. I hope the Bulls do trade him (as this season is lost anyway), but he isn't nearly as valuable to other teams as some people may think.

vCash

vCash
    If this has any truth to it this sounds more like Chicago rebuilding.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast