Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 Denver Broncos Draft Thread

Hey guys! I know it is kind of early and we have the playoffs in front of us, but I am on break right now and semi bored and have been doing my draft work and have come up with my first Mock Draft of the season and wanted to share it. Always down to talk draft, as it is one of my favorite times of the season

Without further adieu, my first denver draft of the season!

1. Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    Not quite the playmaker that Gilbert is, but I think the best cover corner in the draft. Guy has the best man to man I have seen this year. Also a good leader. Makes the smart play. 5'11 and weighs over 185 so by no means a small guy and can be a true number one in a few years. The thought of DRC-Dennard-Harris CB trio next year would be one I would love to see (need to bring back harris and DRC). Not sure he will be there when we draft, but i have seen enough boards where he is a late first early second to project him here. This move also has us moving champ, if we keep him, to a more of a spot starter across the entire secondary at CB and S, such as Charles Woodson has done the past few years.
    2. Shane Skov ILB Stanford
    The heart and soul of the Stanford Defense. These last few games he has looked finally recovered from the ACL injury. Guy is ready to start and lead an NFL Defense now. He plays aggressive and explodes backs and blockers alike. He can play multiple positions across a defense, which is key in a multi-front defense we play, and is an extremely good blitzer as well, able to bring great pressure up the front on blitzes from the mike. He is quickly becoming my favorite player in the draft.
    3. Gabe Jackson OG Mississippi St
    Huge talent, never really got it all together. Has long arms and good feet and plays with natural bend you like to see in an olineman. Was ranked as high as the top OG before the season, but an ankle injury has led to him slipping. Think he is a future starter in this league. Huge kid with huge potential.
    4. Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    Another guy with some good size and talent. Standing at 6'4 and weighing north of 270, he is a force at DE and is hard to knock off the line. Another guy who was having a MONSTER season before injury. Due to his injury, I have seen his stock slip a bit, but if he had played, I wouldn't doubt if he was a 2nd round pick. Causes a huge amount of disruption in the backfield and plays much better than his numbers indicate. Essentially a replacement for Robert Ayers with higher potential.
    5. Tevin Reese WR Baylor
    Was on his way to an excellent season before injuring his wrist and having wrist surgery. Not the biggest guy at 5'10 but can run a 4'4 40 and has excellent hands. Going to be a nice vertical threat in any offense in the future, which looking down the line with Osweiler as our future qb, could be a large part of our offense.
    6. James White RB Wisconsin
    Why not go get the guy who played with Ball before? White has decent speed and runs well. He would be a top running back if not being stuck behind ball (an established runner) and gordon, who will be a first round back when he decides to come out. White has healthy legs and is a threat out of the backfield. Also a physical blocker. You can never have too many good running backs, so why not take a chance on one in the fifth round.

vCash
    Lol it is wayyyy to early for draft talk. There is still way to much fluctuation to have even a somewhat accurate mock draft.... I like the effort though.

vCash
    Never too early for draft talk. Nice work Doc.

vCash
    never too early for draft talk! i am ready to start working and talking 2015 let alone 2014 haha

vCash
    if anything it makes ppl aware of guys who we might be looking into for next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    if anything it makes ppl aware of guys who we might be looking into for next season.
    I'm with mj, I am focused on now this year after this year I will look at the draft. I will let the Broncos FO focus on next year for now lol..

vCash
    Love this thread every year Never too early for draft talk!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky.:27687265
    Love this thread every year Never too early for draft talk!
    The problem is that if we dive into draft talk this early, the forum will be super dead between the beginning of free agency till the draft. And when you take into account that they moved the draft back to May 8th... that's no bueno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    The problem is that if we dive into draft talk this early, the forum will be super dead between the beginning of free agency till the draft. And when you take into account that they moved the draft back to May 8th... that's no bueno.
    i can fill it up with draft talk until then lol

vCash
    Doc does this every year. Last year with our bye he did it too! I love draft talk as well.

Honestly I would love to move way up and take clowney. I'm sold on that guy!

vCash
    Good think this was done BEFORE the play-offs started...so my superstition doesn't kick in (hence my change in avatar BEFORE the play-offs as well).

Either MLB or CB for the first pick. Need another edge rusher. Depth on the o-line.

vCash
    I think a true MLB is a must. We always end up moving an outside guy to the inside. DJ Williams. Now woody. A true MLB changes defenses dramatically!

nykol is online now PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    vCash
    I'm all for trading our next 4 1st round picks for Kuechly

vCash

2014 Denver Broncos Draft Thread

I wanted to trade up for kuechly that draft I thought he was going to be amazing.

vCash
    I really liked Kuechly as well but knew it would never happen

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast