Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Do other teams fans realize how good Ryan McDonagh has gotten?

This kid can skate skate skate. He is a plain workhorse on the defensive side but now he is also putting up some points. The other night Phil Kessel (a pretty fast guy) got the jump on McD. Watch how easily McD catches him from behind and picks his pocket.

http://giant.gfycat.com/OrdinaryFemi...barkbeetle.gif

vCash
    Top 10 defenseman for sure now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by i am bob View Post
    Top 10 defenseman for sure now.
    Eh. Perhaps.

First off, this may come off a bit disrespectful. I apologize in advanced. You know I love you Sly, we've been posting teh same forum for several years.

I don't get a chance to watch the Rangers too much. They play the same time as the Red Wings on many nights. The teams have played once this season, and I haven't really been watching other games. I used to watch East games often.

Now to my point. Rangers fans oversell their players fast. You look on here, and we've seen this same thread about Dan Girardi and Marc Staal each over the past three years here. I've known about McDonagh and I do think he's great. He's really done fantastic. His player in both systems has been fantastic. I'm not 100% on him being a top ten defenseman however.

Ryan Suter
    Zdeno Chara
    Erik Karlsson
    Shea Weber
    PK Subban
    Duncan Keith
    Alex Pietrangelo
    Niklas Kronwall
    Drew Doughty

These guys are easily in my top nine. You then have all of these guys that I'd consider for the last spot. All close to each other.

Tobias Enstrom
    Andrei Markov
    Oliver Ekman-Larsson
    Dan Boyle
    Dion Phaneuf
    Brent Seabrook
    Jay Bouwmeester (I think he may honestly be my #10)
    Kris Letang
    Jakub Kindl

It's close. It really is. I buy the hype, I do. I don't think he's in my top ten however. The Rangers also have a history of inconsistent player, speaking of players of course. It's a tough market, and has some poor management decisions IMO. Seriously, we've seen this same thread time and time with the other two, and have heard about Michael Del Zotto becoming a star.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Eh. Perhaps.

First off, this may come off a bit disrespectful. I apologize in advanced. You know I love you Sly, we've been posting teh same forum for several years.

I don't get a chance to watch the Rangers too much. They play the same time as the Red Wings on many nights. The teams have played once this season, and I haven't really been watching other games. I used to watch East games often.

Now to my point. Rangers fans oversell their players fast. You look on here, and we've seen this same thread about Dan Girardi and Marc Staal each over the past three years here. I've known about McDonagh and I do think he's great. He's really done fantastic. His player in both systems has been fantastic. I'm not 100% on him being a top ten defenseman however.

Ryan Suter
    Zdeno Chara
    Erik Karlsson
    Shea Weber
    PK Subban
    Duncan Keith
    Alex Pietrangelo
    Niklas Kronwall
    Drew Doughty

These guys are easily in my top nine. You then have all of these guys that I'd consider for the last spot. All close to each other.

Tobias Enstrom
    Andrei Markov
    Oliver Ekman-Larsson
    Dan Boyle
    Dion Phaneuf
    Brent Seabrook
    Kris Letang
    Jakub Kindl

It's close. It really is. I buy the hype, I do. I don't think he's in my top ten however. The Rangers also have a history of inconsistent player, speaking of players of course. It's a tough market, and has some poor management decisions IMO. Seriously, we've seen this same thread time and time with the other two, and have heard about Michael Del Zotto becoming a star.
    I can not comment on what other Rangers fans may or may not have said but I will give my own opinion on the Rangers defensemen.

Staal was a legit all star before his concusion injuries. He played against guys like AO as well as anyone I have seen in the east. I do not see much of the West teams. Sadly he has not been the same since the injuries.

Girardi was probably played up more by announcers such as Pierre than Ranger fans. He did a very good job paired with Staal for years blocking shots. He is a true warrior who sacrificed his body. He was a pleasant surprise for our fan base as a undrafted guy.

MDZ had a strong rookie year followed by a bad somphmore year followed by a strong 3rd year followed by 2 more below average years.

Now on to Mcd. I can not say where he ranks in the current top 10 of dmen but I will say he has been the best we have had since Brian Leetch. He is not the same kind of player as Leetch but he is still very good. His skating is great for a defensemen. He is fast and fluid. Sometimes you do not even realize how fast he is. He is not as polished offensively as Leetch but McD is now finally getting some PP time and the points are coming as well. McD plays well against both AO and Crosby. I would never say McD is a player like Orr, Borque, or Leetch. I'm saying he is very good (best NYR this season). Given that I was just curious if other teams fans had started to notice him yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    I can not comment on what other Rangers fans may or may not have said but I will give my own opinion on the Rangers defensemen.

Staal was a legit all star before his concusion injuries. He played against guys like AO as well as anyone I have seen in the east. I do not see much of the West teams. Sadly he has not been the same since the injuries.

Girardi was probably played up more by announcers such as Pierre than Ranger fans. He did a very good job paired with Staal for years blocking shots. He is a true warrior who sacrificed his body. He was a pleasant surprise for our fan base as a undrafted guy.

MDZ had a strong rookie year followed by a bad somphmore year followed by a strong 3rd year followed by 2 more below average years.

Now on to Mcd. I can not say where he ranks in the current top 10 of dmen but I will say he has been the best we have had since Brian Leetch. He is not the same kind of player as Leetch but he is still very good. His skating is great for a defensemen. He is fast and fluid. Sometimes you do not even realize how fast he is. He is not as polished offensively as Leetch but McD is now finally getting some PP time and the points are coming as well. McD plays well against both AO and Crosby. I would never say McD is a player like Orr, Borque, or Leetch. I'm saying he is very good (best NYR this season). Given that I was just curious if other teams fans had started to notice him yet.
    I'm just saying. On PSD, we see these threads often about Rangers, and we've heard a lot. We've heard about the defense, we've basically heard Kreider and Miller being top five prospects and so on. I've watched McDonagh, though not much this season. I think he's stepped up as a legit #1 defenseman now. I think it was impressive how he even improved from JT's coaching to AV's so fast. Completely different systems.

To me though, he's not a top ten defenseman. That phrase goes out there way too quickly. Oh, and for the record, I don't think many listen to Pierre McGuire. I view Ryan McDonagh as a Jay Bouwmeester type of defenseman. Somewhat similar styles. Both are big, excellent skaters, and great in both ends (McDanugh is not yet "great" offensively). But right now, I think Jay-Bo is better.

I know a certain Devils fan on this forum loves him, so that should speak wonders of how other teams look at him.

vCash
    I'm just saying. On PSD, we see these threads often about Rangers, and we've heard a lot. We've heard about the defense, we've basically heard Kreider and Miller being top five prospects and so on. I've watched McDonagh, though not much this season. I think he's stepped up as a legit #1 defenseman now. I think it was impressive how he even improved from JT's coaching to AV's so fast. Completely different systems.

To me though, he's not a top ten defenseman. That phrase goes out there way too quickly. Oh, and for the record, I don't think many listen to Pierre McGuire. I view Ryan McDonagh as a Jay Bouwmeester type of defenseman. Somewhat similar styles. Both are big, excellent skaters, and great in both ends (McDanugh is not yet "great" offensively). But right now, I think Jay-Bo is better.

I know a certain Devils fan on this forum loves him, so that should speak wonders of how other teams look at him.
    I can understand your point of view. I do not have any problem with it. I would just suggest looking at him more for how he plays than from what I or any Ranger fan says.

I think Jay Bo has been around a bit longer. I have not seen Jay play much in recent years but years ago he was shaky compared to McD defensively.

Now going back to Kreider I'm very encouraged about him as well. He could even make some noise for ROY this year. That is pretty cool for a guy that did not even make the team out of training camp.

vCash
    He's in my top 10 I like him more than Bouwmeester. If we're talking about taking a guy who can absolutely be the number one defenseman on his team and lead the defense I would take McDonagh. Guys like Markov, Boyle, Enstrom, are great as top pairing offensive defenseman. Enstrom's case is weird, he produces and plays solid d but I wouldn't RELY on him to lead my defense.

Seabrook and OEL would be the closest guys I have to McDonagh.

Jakub Kindl sucks.

vCash
    Eh. Perhaps.

Ryan Suter
    Zdeno Chara
    Erik Karlsson
    Shea Weber
    PK Subban
    Duncan Keith
    Alex Pietrangelo
    Niklas Kronwall
    Drew Doughty

Tobias Enstrom
    Andrei Markov
    Oliver Ekman-Larsson
    Dan Boyle
    Dion Phaneuf
    Brent Seabrook
    Kris Letang
    Jakub Kindl

I love what Kronwall has done the last couple of years but you're really overrating him here. Is he a legit #1? Definitely. Is he top 10? Ehhhhh. I would take McDonagh over him right now. He's having a Norris contention type of season. And thank you for the laugh with Kindl there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Ryan McDonagh is not better than Niklas Kronwall.

vCash
    Yea but John Carlson is the greatest defenseman of all time #Kanye'd
    "whoever started is a ********" - Marco Reus aka TO aka Karen aka Karan

vCash
    Don't hash tag man.

vCash
    Eh. Perhaps.

Ryan Suter
    Zdeno Chara
    Erik Karlsson
    Shea Weber
    PK Subban
    Duncan Keith
    Alex Pietrangelo
    Niklas Kronwall
    Drew Doughty

Tobias Enstrom
    Andrei Markov
    Oliver Ekman-Larsson
    Dan Boyle
    Dion Phaneuf
    Brent Seabrook
    Kris Letang
    Jakub Kindl

vCash
    Had you gone Brendan Smith intstead of Jakub Kindl, I might've believed you

After Hours album out 4/29

When you're having fun... Timeflies

vCash
    Just to add to the list of defenseman people probably don't realize are so good.
    Los Angeles' top 4
    Carle/Hedman
    Fowler
    E.Johnson / Hejda
    Andy Greene

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Just to add to the list of defenseman people probably don't realize are so good.
    Los Angeles' top 4
    Carle/Hedman
    Fowler
    E.Johnson / Hejda
    Andy Greene
    It has been nice to see those bolded ones start to live up to their potential this season. Strong seasons from all 3 for sure. I haven't followed Hejda, Greene or Carle this season, but I've always liked Carle.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast