Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

[ESPN] James Dolan tells team, No Changes Coming

Sources: James Dolan talked to team
    Updated: December 27, 2013, 12:21 PM ET
    By Marc Stein | ESPN.com

Knicks chairman James Dolan told New York players in a meeting Thursday that there are no trades or changes to the coaching staff forthcoming, ESPN.com has learned.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that Dolan gathered the team before the first practice in the wake of New York's embarrassing 29-point home loss to Oklahoma City on Christmas Day largely in an attempt to hush the growing speculation about coach Mike Woodson's job security following the Knicks' 9-19 start.

The discussion came amid increasing signs the Knicks' effort and focus under Woodson is waning on top of the significant injury issues that have plagued them all season.

It's believed Dolan took the step in an attempt to persuade Woodson's players to band together and throw their full support behind the embattled coach to help dig New York out of the sizable hole it finds itself with essentially one-third of the regular season in the books, the sources said.

When an emboldened Woodson met reporters after Thursday's practice, he promptly announced he still thinks New York can rally from its poor start to win the Atlantic Division.

"We won it last year, and I expect us to win it this year," he said.

Anything seems possible in the Atlantic Division, which is currently topped by the 11-15 Toronto Raptors. The Knicks are just three games back of Toronto and play the Raptors in a weekend back-to-back starting Friday night at home.

"The beauty about all of this that we're going through is nobody's running away with it in our division," Woodson said, "and I'm pushing our team to win our division still."

"Eventually we'll get healthy, and we'll see how it all plays out," he added.
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...medium=twitter

So, no trades, no new coach, no changes.

Welcome to the Status Quo!
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    If we lose 2 to Toronto, I expect that to change. We win both were in great shape as far as the division goes.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Only Fitting an Incompetent Owner.. keeps an Incompetent Coach... with an Incompetent Team.... **** em ALL!!!!

I will give Dolan a little credit for at least trying to change the Attitudes of the team but thats it!!!

vCash
    With that said, I expect the players to finally play like they care!
    This will be a good thing!

vCash
    Sounds like Dolan listening to his basketball people (and Melo). If Melo had stopped supporting Woodson, Woodson would be gone already.

I think the Knicks looked at coaching options: not good mid-season.

They looked at trade options: not good with everyone underperforming.

They looked at the future: this team still has a realistic chance to finish in decent position for the playoffs.

They Looked at the future: everyone on this team will be eminently more tradable in the offseason.

They decided that it would be best to not make any drastic changes in the interim. They figure the players will play better without the worrying about trades, especially after the deadline and build up their respective values to get better value in trades in the offseason.

OR

They want everyone to settle down and get comfortable before they blow it up!

vCash
    I'll judge the validity of this statement after the two games vs. the Raps.

vCash
    I for one am kind of happy he's not itching for a panic move. As KF4Y said, there are no coaches, there are no trades out there.

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seizabmc View Post
    With that said, I expect the players to finally play like they care!
    This will be a good thing!
    As much as I am not a big fan of Woodson I think this is the best way to go at least till the end of the season (but of course this is subject to change if the Knicks keep tanking)I think it would be better to finish this season status quo then at the end of the season get a better coach and build a team around Melo (if he stays) with the right players around him, a legit PG being the first priority.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by colinskik View Post
    I'll judge the validity of this statement after the two games vs. the Raps.
    If we drop both and fall 5 games out of the division things will change IMO. Or Dolan will just be accepting our fate as a lottery team without a pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I for one am kind of happy he's not itching for a panic move. As KF4Y said, there are no coaches, there are no trades out there.
    I agree with you on this 100% but of course we all know how Dolan can change his mind at a moments notice

vCash
    we're ****ed.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    we're ****ed.
    Now you realize?

Seriously though, if the players and coaches were convinced by Dolan's words, it could allow the chemistry to start to build without pressure on the team. And if the chemistry works, we should be winning games at a 60% rate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    And if the chemistry works, we should be winning games at a 60% rate.
    Current record : 9-19 (28 games played)
    NBA season games : 82
    Remaining season games : 54
    60% win rate of remaining games : 32-22

Season record if we win the remaining 54 games at 60% win rate : 41-41 (.500)

Whee.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    Ok, so first:

He denies the Lowry trade, which would have traded away our young assets and a first round pick.

and then:

He tells the team and staff, that no changes will be made, so everyone can just play their game and relax.

Dolan actually doing things I agree with...Is this real life?

Welcome to the #tape

vCash

[ESPN] James Dolan tells team, No Changes Coming

Someone get this guy out of here...all those years he traded for over the hill players. ... Now when we need a shake up he's gonna sit on *ss ... He's the root of all of our problems ... He should be the confirmation on trade decisions not deciding wether the team needs a trade or not .. He disgusts me

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast