Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jags Lock Marks up 4 year deal for 22M

No complaints. Thought it was priority number 1 in offseason. He deserves every penny of it. Arguably other than poz he's the best player this season. D line MVP easy

vCash
    Source?

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    http://m.jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/544821/ryan-ohalloran/2013-12-27/marks-jaguars-agree-new-contract

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Dunno if he's worth 5.5 million

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Who cares. He was really good. Pair him with a healthy roy miller I like where we are going.

vCash
    Guarantee money?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags4Life:27682144
    Guarantee money?
    8 million guranteed

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags4Life:27681910
    Who cares. He was really good. Pair him with a healthy roy miller I like where we are going.
    well If he's costing more than Melton I'll put that on Caldwells crap moves. He's good but not great. I still want to replace miller if there's value to take 1

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    well If he's costing more than Melton I'll put that on Caldwells crap moves. He's good but not great. I still want to replace miller if there's value to take 1
    Damn good move, Caldwells crap moves?

He had the second-highest grade on the defense according to Pro Football Focus, and was consistently effective as an interior pass rusher, registering four sacks, 11 quarterback hits and 24 hurries. He also batted down a team high seven passes.

"I didn't expect it," Marks said. "I thought it was going to go all the way into the offseason, but it was never a worry about what would happen. My job was to go out and continue to play. Still have a game left, so I didn't think one bit about it."

Jaguars GM David Caldwell said the timing worked out for both sides as it allows some of the money to be included under this season's salary cap
    "He did everything that we asked him to do and more, and he's exceeded our expectations," Caldwell said. "This is something that it just kind of fit. It was a really fair deal for the player. We felt like it was a fair deal for us. They wanted to get it done, we wanted to get it done, and we were able to do it before he hit free agency."
    I dont see the problem. We cut Mincey and Marks get his contract pretty much. Damn good deal for both sides IMO. I be he would of got more this offseason from a different team in free agency if it went that far after the season he had. A crap move? LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags:27684615
    Damn good move, Caldwells crap moves?

He had the second-highest grade on the defense according to Pro Football Focus, and was consistently effective as an interior pass rusher, registering four sacks, 11 quarterback hits and 24 hurries. He also batted down a team high seven passes.

"I didn't expect it," Marks said. "I thought it was going to go all the way into the offseason, but it was never a worry about what would happen. My job was to go out and continue to play. Still have a game left, so I didn't think one bit about it."

Jaguars GM David Caldwell said the timing worked out for both sides as it allows some of the money to be included under this season's salary cap
    "He did everything that we asked him to do and more, and he's exceeded our expectations," Caldwell said. "This is something that it just kind of fit. It was a really fair deal for the player. We felt like it was a fair deal for us. They wanted to get it done, we wanted to get it done, and we were able to do it before he hit free agency."
    I dont see the problem. We cut Mincey and Marks get his contract pretty much. Damn good deal for both sides IMO. I be he would of got more this offseason from a different team in free agency if it went that far after the season he had. A crap move? LOL
    if Melton gets less then it goes under the crap moves like the Monroe trade

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Lol, I havnt watched that many Ravens games this year but the other night when the Ravens played Gruden said Monroe has been getting burned all season. Im sure he has watched more than me and you both put together.

vCash
    Lol coming from the guy that wanted us to give Gene Smith another year. bhahahahaha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags:27684774
    Lol, I havnt watched that many Ravens games this year but the other night when the Ravens played Gruden said Monroe has been getting burned all season. Im sure he has watched more than me and you both put together.
    gruden couldnt tell the difference between the grasses. His opinion means Jack ****. I bet we could have gotten a 3rd in the draft last year for him

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    plus the one year Melton did good he had Peppers coming off the edge. Im sure Marks could do better with Clowney coming off the edge and Melton was hurt most of this year. No thx.

vCash
    According to PFF, Marks was the 6th ranked DT this year, he is being paid like the 13th best DT. It's a good deal. He is a build around player on defense. Put some better talent around him and he's even more disruptive.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast