Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Unhappy Any hope for Romero?

I've read a few articles about the Jays starting pitching and I haven't seen anything about Romero. I know his confidence is at an all time low, but he stepped up and was among the best in the AL. Am I out on a limb by thinking he may still experience success at a major league level, or is he done for? I think it might be easier to instill confidence than to come back from an arm surgery. What's your opinion????

vCash
    I think hes a complete head case, maybe he gets his confidence back, but for how long?

“Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

vCash
    Going into the season he should not be considered a hopeful. As far as I can see, Dickey, Buerhle and Morrow are the only locks. That's extremely sad

vCash
    It would be dumb to have any expectations for Romero.. it would be nice if he can be half the pitcher he was before but this has gone on for 2 years now and its hard to see it getting fixed at this point

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    No

/thread

vCash
    Seriously, there is always a possibly -- I would like to get an update from AA or somebody on what Romero is doing during the off-season to prep. He should maybe play a few games in winter ball just to see if he can get his groove back. He's still getting paid well for the next two years, its not like he'll ever be homeless if he handles his money well -- but he's choking up valuable payroll. I hope he can be even 50% of what he used to be, but he reminds me of Jose Lima and his sudden downfall...its crazy to think how quick someone's talent can disappear.

vCash
    There is no hope for Romero. Not as a starter anymore at least.

vCash
    Romero isn't even on the 40-man roster..... I would say that shows an awful lot how much faith AA has in him returning back to his old form in 2014. It would be great if it happened (...obviously), but I don't think it is anything we should be counting on at this point.

vCash
    This guy is a joke. Total vagina, blamed the team for his failures and demotions rather than taking responsibility and working to improve. There's no way this guy deserves to be anywhere near a make league rotation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
    This guy is a joke. Total vagina, blamed the team for his failures and demotions rather than taking responsibility and working to improve. There's no way this guy deserves to be anywhere near a make league rotation.
    when was that? I'm pretty sure he worked hard and tried everything to improve.

vCash
    Whatever the **** happened to Romero is probably still the biggest mystery with the Jays since 2012.

vCash
    I don't see him ever being a starter again, his mind and body has broken down, the mind part you can work on the body part, well when it starts to go it usually goes. That being said I don't see why he can't be a reliever pitch an inning or two every now and then

vCash
    Unless he gets miss USA back, we'll never see him again. Is their an advanced stat for a broken heart?

vCash
    Yes.

vCash
    Get that guy on some anti-anxiety drugs and he might forget all about her. if the guy gets his mojo back, he's certainly got the stuff to succeed again. To be honest, I think he really needs a change of scenery. If a team were to come calling on him and would give up even a minimal amount of salary relief, I can see the Jays moving him in spring training.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast